+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only - timelines

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
I received Landing Letter by today. Quebec Spousal sponsorship applicant 15th of October, PR Approval 4th of Feb 2020 and Landing Letter on 14th of May
Good Luck everyone

Yeah Congrats !!

Did they give you an appointment in person ? or it will be by phone ? I'm curious on how the work now with covid !

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Yeah Congrats !!

Did they give you an appointment in person ? or it will be by phone ? I'm curious on how the work now with covid !
Good Day
No call or no in person appointment. I received with e mail.

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
ok thanks. And i'm wondering did your medical exam was expired ? Did they ask for another if it was ?
Good day. Yes, it expired. I mean, more than a year passed from the date of Medical Passed. But they did not ask for renewal and I did not re take

Reactions: Minian

Melky

Feb 21, 2020
Hi!
at what stage are you at ? what is your timeline ?
I received AIP and decision on sponsor’s side on May 20,2019. I was asked to redo a medical exam in January because the previous exam had expired. The last I heard from the Montreal office was a request for my dependant’s passport replacement in March of this year

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
I received AIP and decision on sponsor’s side on May 20,2019. I was asked to redo a medical exam in January because the previous exam had expired. The last I heard from the Montreal office was a request for my dependant’s passport replacement in March of this year
thanks for your replies. OMG I am way more affraid now. We received AIP in dec 2019. So you had AIP one year ago and you are still waiting for Dm ? And they ask you to redo medical even if you are inland ??

Medical is expired for us to and I really tought they will not gonna ask again becaus my husband is here still 10 years. And they ask for medical for his dependant in the AIP and we tough that if they wanted to ask again they'll do it in the AIP like for is son.

So my question are;
Are you inland ?
Have you orded you note to see why its taking so long ?

Melky

Feb 21, 2020
thanks for your replies. OMG I am way more affraid now. We received AIP in dec 2019. So you had AIP one year ago and you are still waiting for Dm ? And they ask you to redo medical even if you are inland ??

Medical is expired for us to and I really tought they will not gonna ask again becaus my husband is here still 10 years. And they ask for medical for his dependant in the AIP and we tough that if they wanted to ask again they'll do it in the AIP like for is son.

So my question are;
Are you inland ?
Have you orded you note to see why its taking so long ?
Yes I am inland and Yea because I am an inland applicant I thought my medical exam will be extended but I guess i didn’t make any difference being an inland applicant. The last time I ordered my notes everything was complete. I can’t really tell what’s the hold up. This crisis isn’t helping as well

Reactions: Minian

Frank412

Sep 17, 2018
Hello,
We got it. It was a little surprising but we received email last week.
Inland applicant, we had to redo medical and background form in March, just before everything shut down.
August 24th 2018 applicant.

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hello,
We got it. It was a little surprising but we received email last week.
Inland applicant, we had to redo medical and background form in March, just before everything shut down.
August 24th 2018 applicant.

Congrats !!!!!
May I ask how many days between you received pre-arrival and DM ?

We received pre arrival may 21 and I'm trying to figure out an average time line.

Thanks and congrats again

Frank412

Sep 17, 2018
Congrats !!!!!
May I ask how many days between you received pre-arrival and DM ?

We received pre arrival may 21 and I'm trying to figure out an average time line.

Thanks and congrats again
Pre-arrival was March 11th along with eligibility and request for more info.
DM on May 19th.
Not sure if 2 months is a good average? I think our file was pretty straight forward and not complex at all.

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Yeah I think your average is not very good considering that you received pre arrival the week they stop working becaus of covid. Our files was not complicated at all except my husband had a non-accompanying child. I know by ordering my notes that they open our files for the first time in august 2019, 17 months after we send the application. ( yes they request us medical police and csq before that date, but it's more an 'automatic' thing. The first REAL note by the agent that take care of our files is in august 2019 ) Beside waiting 17 months to work on our files, they've ask more proof of relation and proof that we cannot have medicals for the child. They had 17 months to ask all that but they wait so long that we are now at almost 27 months. I think they litterraly forgot us for a year (no communication from them from aug 2018 till aug 2019)

But Pre arrival gives me a little hope to finally have an answer in the following weeks.

Reactions: Melky