+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only - timelines

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone ,
if it helps anyone of you to stay positive , i would like to say that i've received a letter yesterday saying that the Montreal office will contact me soon to confirm my residency.
i think it's random because of the number of applicants and delays in Quebec , something else that helped me to forget about the waiting time , it's work and reading ...
Good luck to everyone, and for those who already went to Montreal office , can you please share the questions and what to bring , i already seen it , just to be sure.
September 10, 2018 Applicant

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
i just got landing letter , they said 'IMPORTANT: Remember to bring with you the document entitled: “Confirmation of Permanent Residence” (2 copies). IF ALREADY IN YOUR POSESSION.'
i dont know what is this document that i have to bring

Thank you so much , and good luck to you
If you applied inland, you don't need to bring this document with you, you don't have it. It will be printed and given to you at your appointment. You will sign two copies and they will keep one

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hi everyone ,
if it helps anyone of you to stay positive , i would like to say that i've received a letter yesterday saying that the Montreal office will contact me soon to confirm my residency.
i think it's random because of the number of applicants and delays in Quebec , something else that helped me to forget about the waiting time , it's work and reading ...
Good luck to everyone, and for those who already went to Montreal office , can you please share the questions and what to bring , i already seen it , just to be sure.
September 10, 2018 Applicant
We weren't asked many questions, I wasn't even asked if I still want to sponsor my husband. I recall we were asked when and where his last entrance into Canada were, and also when he would travel next (he wanted to make sure we would receive the permanent residence card in time). We brought all the documents that were asked for in the letter, and I also brought proof of address, but I wasn't asked for it. I also brought my receipt of payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fees but they didn't ask for it.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi I’m oct 2019 applicant and try to follow this thread. Is it safe to say that it takes more than 12 months in average for Quebec applicants? Also why some get DM before BGC?

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
We weren't asked many questions, I wasn't even asked if I still want to sponsor my husband. I recall we were asked when and where his last entrance into Canada were, and also when he would travel next (he wanted to make sure we would receive the permanent residence card in time). We brought all the documents that were asked for in the letter, and I also brought proof of address, but I wasn't asked for it. I also brought my receipt of payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fees but they didn't ask for it.
Merci beaucoup , t'es un amour toi , je te souhaite beaucoup de bonheur et pour les autres aussi

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Merci beaucoup , t'es un amour toi , je te souhaite beaucoup de bonheur et pour les autres aussi
Merci, c'est vraiment gentil de ta part :) Et ça fait plaisir!

Reactions: Gargoyle_Queen

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hi I’m oct 2019 applicant and try to follow this thread. Is it safe to say that it takes more than 12 months in average for Quebec applicants?
According to an article published on July 11, 2019, "The current wait time in Quebec to process an application for family reunification is around 15 months." The increased delays were caused by Legault's new policies. Read more about it here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-s-new-plan-to-fix-labour-shortage-will-create-two-tiered-immigration-system-ottawa-warns-1.5208857

Also, someone else in this forum contacted IRCC and has posted about it. This is what they said:

In regards to the application:

- While IRCC establishes overall immigration levels for Canada, IRCC consults Quebec on the number of immigrants it wishes to receive and Quebec establishes its own annual immigration levels plan.

- Should demand for immigration exceed the number of spaces allocated to Quebec, a backlog is created in IRCC’s processing inventory. This results in longer processing times. Should we require additional information in processing your file, we will contact you as soon as possible.

- For information on immigration to Quebec, please contact the ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion: medias@midi.gouv.qc.ca.

Also why some get DM before BGC?
As far as this question, I don't recall ever seeing anyone get DM before their background check is completed. It may not be reflected on gckey but the principal applicant's background check must always be checked. It is possible for the sponsor part of the application to get DM before the principal applicant's background check is completed though.

Reactions: Laurahd

ahmedelbeheri

Jan 21, 2018
hello guys , i want your help in that. i get ma csq and applied for Pr 2 years ago and then i got married in july 2019 , then i received my pr approval asking me if there is any change and i told them i got married so they ask for my spouse information and to apply for her. after sending these documents they asked for her CSQ. now which csq application to apply for ( with links if possible ) knowing that i don't have pr yet for myself ?

gulrose

Jun 10, 2019
Hi.

Anyone get his PPR here ? .

I am 7 december applicant for spouse sponsor. we reached 12 months . is there a problem with quebec or Visa Office?

Thank you for sharing

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Do you see your deputy ?
Did you send a email to know what happend about your file ? Thank you
no , nothing just called and asked , they said everything is fine with federal but there s delays with Quebec and i need to wait , but you can use a web form to ask about your application