+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

Sirtee

Star Member
May 30, 2018
AOR Received.
20-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Got the golden email today. Hope everyone will soon get PPR. Thanks guys!
Congratulations!!! I'm glad the waiting and frustrations are finally over.
Delay is not denial.
Pack your bags and get ready for landing.

Reactions: czereenuh

aaawiki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
FR: 1 Feb 2018
AOR: 2 Mar 2018
Medical request: 14 Jun 2018
Medical Pass: 28 Jun 2018
Medical extension request: 3 Jul 2019

I called to CIC today and they are still waiting for the Medical extension. Can you believe this it has been for 2 months only for the medical extension. Lol
So I am planning to take a medical exam again.
They should give a choice if I wanna take a medical exam again or wait for the medical extension. If I had know it would take this much time to grant my medical extension I would have taken my medical again earlier.
I have no idea how long I need to wait for the medical extension, maybe by the day Jesus Christ comes?
I called cic yesterday, same answer. The agent told me do not do medical unless they send you a letter.

Harris34

Aug 27, 2019
Hey, did you ask about your medical?? Need to ask them if they requested for your medical extension. And also ask them when they applied for it.
Hi there my medical was extended back on July 4th, everything is passed only waiting for a final decision.

Harris34

Aug 27, 2019
I have same situation like you. But my medical is expired but not extended.

Did they extend your medical?

I am Jan 29 2018 applicant.

Good luck and stay strong my friend.
Hello, thank you for your kind words. My medical was extended back on July 4th, they told me everything is passed just waiting for final decision.

Harris34

Aug 27, 2019
Hello everyone, I am Jan 26, 2018 applicant. Medical pass July 4 2018.

Yesterday (8/26/2019) my application officially passed 19 months and I still didn't get PPR. So I called CIC, and was told the same thing like last few times I called: Everything is passed just waiting for a final decision by the officer, that I need to wait.
After I hanged up the agent called me back, told me she looked at my file again, and because mine already passed the normal processing time she added a note on my file to notify the officer. And it should be anytime soon.

Does anyone here have the same experience? How long does it take usually from now?
And btw I had no ghost updates on both CIC account and ECAS since medical pass.

Thanks, everyone. Hope we all get what we waited for so long. :)

I also sent a message thru the webform today waiting for a reply from them.
I just called the phone agents again, the same thing still waiting. Everything passed but no updates. Even though they added a note on my file the agent told me that it didn't pass 1 month so he can't add another note just yet. Also didn't hear back from the Webform I sent too(it's ONLY been 3 business days lol).
Well I guess I have to hope for some time after this long weekend.

Good luck everyone and stay strong!

ps: Inland MPNP single applicant, my file is in Sydney NS

Drifter@1981

Jul 17, 2019
Just cant believe i dont think call center agents have much info on your file 10 days ago agent said to my representative that they need the divorce certificate to proceed thd file i sent them legal seperation and affidavit in june he said wasnt accepted
Now today i rang lady said when i look at notes they dont need anything everything is recieved. Who yo belbeli and who not
Any of guys had same issue lol

Sirtee

Star Member
May 30, 2018
AOR Received.
20-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Just cant believe i dont think call center agents have much info on your file 10 days ago agent said to my representative that they need the divorce certificate to proceed thd file i sent them legal seperation and affidavit in june he said wasnt accepted
Now today i rang lady said when i look at notes they dont need anything everything is recieved. Who yo belbeli and who not
Any of guys had same issue lol
Glad to have you back on track Drifter@1981. Let's hope for the best

Navkirat

Aug 8, 2019
Hii all
Ar - 5 feb 2018
Aor - 5 march 2018
Mr - 21 june 2018
Ppr - 23 aug
I had same issue when i called cic several times they answered me same thing that waiting for medical extension. Contacted them through web form- no reply.

Then i went to local Member parliament and they sent email to cic. Cic replied next day and medical extented. After 3 days i got ppr.

aaawiki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
Hii all
Ar - 5 feb 2018
Aor - 5 march 2018
Mr - 21 june 2018
Ppr - 23 aug
I had same issue when i called cic several times they answered me same thing that waiting for medical extension. Contacted them through web form- no reply.

Then i went to local Member parliament and they sent email to cic. Cic replied next day and medical extented. After 3 days i got ppr.
How did you do that? Did you call them or send them email?

Never tried this method before.