+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

aaawiki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
Hello everyone, I am Jan 26, 2018 applicant. Medical pass July 4 2018.

Yesterday (8/26/2019) my application officially passed 19 months and I still didn't get PPR. So I called CIC, and was told the same thing like last few times I called: Everything is passed just waiting for a final decision by the officer, that I need to wait.
After I hanged up the agent called me back, told me she looked at my file again, and because mine already passed the normal processing time she added a note on my file to notify the officer. And it should be anytime soon.

Does anyone here have the same experience? How long does it take usually from now?
And btw I had no ghost updates on both CIC account and ECAS since medical pass.

Thanks, everyone. Hope we all get what we waited for so long. :)

I also sent a message thru the webform today waiting for a reply from them.
I have same situation like you. But my medical is expired but not extended.

Did they extend your medical?

I am Jan 29 2018 applicant.

Good luck and stay strong my friend.

czereenuh

Aug 7, 2019
Philippines
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
18-01-18
Med's Request
18-03-19
Med's Done....
26-03-19
Passport Req..
30-08-2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 22, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 23, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 18, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on March 18, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Why does my application taking too long? So frustrating.

Sirtee

Star Member
May 30, 2018
AOR Received.
20-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 22, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 23, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 18, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on March 18, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Why does my application taking too long? So frustrating.
You are not alone a lot of 2017 applicants are still stuck as well but the good news is that, the few who eventually got PPR after so long gives us hope. If I may ask are you in land or out land. What additional documents were you asked to submit. It's obvious your previous medical has expired, were you asked to go for remedical or your medical is awaiting extension?

czereenuh

Aug 7, 2019
Philippines
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
18-01-18
Med's Request
18-03-19
Med's Done....
26-03-19
Passport Req..
30-08-2019
You are not alone a lot of 2017 applicants are still stuck as well but the good news is that, the few who eventually got PPR after so long gives us hope. If I may ask are you in land or out land. What additional documents were you asked to submit. It's obvious your previous medical has expired, were you asked to go for remedical or your medical is awaiting extension?
Outland. Im from Philippines. My medical was only done last March 26, 2019. So I think it is not yet expired. They've asked for RPRF and I already paid. I didnt submit any additional requirements.

ritz261

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
barrie
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
11-01-2020
Passport Req..
04-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
LANDED..........
11-01-2020
Outland. Im from Philippines. My medical was only done last March 26, 2019. So I think it is not yet expired. They've asked for RPRF and I already paid. I didnt submit any additional requirements.
Submit asked documents ASAP to speed up your application.

Eisuk

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
I applied for PNP PR in January 2018 but withdrew it a couple of days ago since I got approved under Express Entry (took 3 months to land as PR).
Good luck to you all, PNP is really a very long process...

Reactions: LiliChung

Gus Kim

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
FR: 1 Feb 2018
AOR: 2 Mar 2018
Medical request: 14 Jun 2018
Medical Pass: 28 Jun 2018
Medical extension request: 3 Jul 2019

I called to CIC today and they are still waiting for the Medical extension. Can you believe this it has been for 2 months only for the medical extension. Lol
So I am planning to take a medical exam again.
They should give a choice if I wanna take a medical exam again or wait for the medical extension. If I had know it would take this much time to grant my medical extension I would have taken my medical again earlier.
I have no idea how long I need to wait for the medical extension, maybe by the day Jesus Christ comes?

Last edited:

Gus Kim

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hello everyone, I am Jan 26, 2018 applicant. Medical pass July 4 2018.

Yesterday (8/26/2019) my application officially passed 19 months and I still didn't get PPR. So I called CIC, and was told the same thing like last few times I called: Everything is passed just waiting for a final decision by the officer, that I need to wait.
After I hanged up the agent called me back, told me she looked at my file again, and because mine already passed the normal processing time she added a note on my file to notify the officer. And it should be anytime soon.

Does anyone here have the same experience? How long does it take usually from now?
And btw I had no ghost updates on both CIC account and ECAS since medical pass.

Thanks, everyone. Hope we all get what we waited for so long. :)

I also sent a message thru the webform today waiting for a reply from them.

Hey, did you ask about your medical?? Need to ask them if they requested for your medical extension. And also ask them when they applied for it.

Gus Kim

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Yes I called 3 times every time they have same answer, it depends on officer he want to apply for extension or wants to re do a medical.
I think you would better take a medical exam again. That would be faster to get ppr.
My application is almost done according to CIC agent. Everything passed and they are waiting for the medical extension for two months.