+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

Rihan89

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna Visa Offce
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Not Needed
Interview........
Not Needed
VISA ISSUED...
18 - 05 - 15
LANDED..........
01-09-2015
This is a mess. 19 months for an application to be processed. No order, no organization, someone is getting AOR after a month, someone after 2 months, someone gets medical after 5 months and still does not know at which step his application is and how long it will take...Sorry for the rant, but it is frustrating

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
did CIC send you guys an email for receiving the file? or we know the date only by the courier tracking?
CIC send you by email a letter confirming receipt of your file with file number and UCI number. They also send you an email laying out the steps you need to take to link your application on-line with Gckey.

Mills18

Jun 27, 2018
No I haven't received anything from them. Plus I have a lawyer as my representative, should I contact or wait til Aug.
I think you should wait till August. Most likely from trend, they will start attending to June applicants by August.

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
I know the feeling, when I saw people that applied 3 weeks after me get their AOR 2 weeks before me I was pissed!
It seems like they've slowed down the AOR processing times.
Im sure you'll get yours soon
I think is the summer season. They were pretty fast at the begging of this year. Many officers might be taking vacations.

Trnguyen

Jun 19, 2018
I think is the summer season. They were pretty fast at the begging of this year. Many officers might be taking vacations.
Thanks so much for sharing.
It's make sense bcz of summer, the officers may take vacations. Well all we can do is waiting.

Reactions: Grechy7

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
Thanks so much for sharing.
It's make sense bcz of summer, the officers may take vacations. Well all we can do is waiting.
I know. I need patience too. I'm a bit frustrated of this waiting, but if you think 2016 applicants had a really hard time because of the 40 thousand refugees who came to Canada and were processing their PR. The process was super slow, so we are not that bad.

Trnguyen

Jun 19, 2018
I know. I need patience too. I'm a bit frustrated of this waiting, but if you think 2016 applicants had a really hard time because of the 40 thousand refugees who came to Canada and were processing their PR. The process was super slow, so we are not that bad.
Oh em gee.. you right we are not that bad, btw my Wp almost expire, should I waiting for AOR or extend Wp.
The trouble is Im in maternity leave

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
Oh em gee.. you right we are not that bad, btw my Wp almost expire, should I waiting for AOR or extend Wp.
The trouble is Im in maternity leave
You need to extend your WP, otherwise your PR application is not valid. However, I'm a single applicant, maybe there are people here who know better than me what to do in Maternity leave. Good luck :)