2016 PR CARD APPLICANTS TIMELINE

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASAINI said:
Reom27, I am little bit confused whether you have applied for PR card renewal or Citizenship.
You mentioned that you have applied for PR card renewal but your signature says Citizenship App timeline.
How come you have PR card renewal as well as citizenship app going side by side? Or am I missing something?
I have applied for both. As per c-CAS, they are both in process and I am still waiting.

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shekhawatmx said:
Guys if ur Ecase is still showing in process from last so many weeks and gap is 4 weeks + from working on application then there is chance that new photo or pick up letter sent to you.....

my wife application is still showing in process from March 5 but her card is ready for pick up at CIC ottawa.
Oh really!!

Congrats on having it ready ...

Did you receive a letter regarding that?
Did they specify a certain time to pick it up or you can do so at any moment?
Did they ask for more documents to bring with you?

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today's Update

The processing time is surprisingly jumped up to 65 days (from 59). It is really interesting that when they were working on applications received on March 14, the processing time was 59 days and now as they are working on applications received on March 15, the processing time jumps up to 65 days!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

vica122

May 19, 2016
Hi guys...
I sent my application PR renewal
Apl 9 but was received Apl 11. I have'nt heard anything from.CIC as of yet.. Iam a little bit worried now. No AOR
NO ecas update..

Anybody here has the same issue?

thanks--

RUCND

May 6, 2016
My application was also sent on April 9th , received on April 12th (as per Canada Post tracking) and no news so far.
Any advice on when we can contact CIC to ask for information?

"...If it has been more than six weeks longer than the time shown since you applied, and you need more information concerning the status of your application, use the Case Specific Enquiry form. .."

More than six weeks after the date in CIC web page (Check application processing times) shows application received in April 11th are being processed (date which application was received as per courier tracking)?

RUCND

May 6, 2016
Reom27 said:
Today's Update

The processing time is surprisingly jumped up to 65 days (from 59). It is really interesting that when they were working on applications received on March 14, the processing time was 59 days and now as they are working on applications received on March 15, the processing time jumps up to 65 days!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
A question (maybe a silly one) the processing time in days refer to calendar days or business days..

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Reom27 said:
Today's Update

Any update on your case status?

fsiddiqui80

Apr 7, 2014
PR card renewal time lines as follows:

Sent through Canada post on the 20th April
received @ Sydney , NS office on the 26th April

Have not heard anything since then.

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
My friend says she got no update at all.
She says ecas shows April 27th start of processing pr card renewal. But other than that she got no information at all.

Looking at the website there is no real update anyways. I guess I was lucky last year. I feel really sorry for all of you. I wonder why there is no deadline at all. Weird. A lot applicants sseem to sit in the dark, not knowing what's going on.

furrykid

May 26, 2016
Hi Everyone - I was informed that my PR card was received on Feb 6, and my status is still in process till now. I called Call Center and they have no update and told me to wait another 3 months before they can take any action...Is it the case to everyone who initiates the first inquiry after waiting time beyond the normal processing time (65 days now)?

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Not Really ...I been told to wait until 5 june 16 and if i do not get it than to call back.

How come adviser told you for 3 months

furrykid said:
Hi Everyone - I was informed that my PR card was received on Feb 6, and my status is still in process till now. I called Call Center and they have no update and told me to wait another 3 months before they can take any action...Is it the case to everyone who initiates the first inquiry after waiting time beyond the normal processing time (65 days now)?

furrykid

May 26, 2016
makpan said:
Not Really ...I been told to wait until 5 june 16 and if i do not get it than to call back.

How come adviser told you for 3 months
I have no idea. They told me that 3 months is the maximum waiting period. It could be earlier but max to 3 months. How long have you waiting for?