+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 PR CARD APPLICANTS TIMELINE

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
My app received on 17 March and in process since 13 April
furrykid said:
I have no idea. They told me that 3 months is the maximum waiting period. It could be earlier but max to 3 months. How long have you waiting for?

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today's Update

The processing time has been increased again. Now it jumps up to 73 days (from 65 last week). They are working on applications received on March 17!! Two weeks ago, when they were working on application received on March 14, the processing time was 59 days!!
Three days different made processing time to be delayed 14 days!! :eek:

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Reom27 said:
Today's Update

The processing time has been increased again. Now it jumps up to 73 days (from 65 last week). They are working on applications received on March 17!! Two weeks ago, when they were working on application received on March 14, the processing time was 59 days!!
:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:
I was about to ask you if you have any update on your case.
I am regularly checking this thread just to get some good news from you about your case.

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASAINI said:
:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:
I was about to ask you if you have any update on your case.
I am regularly checking this thread just to get some good news from you about your case.
Nothing yet ASAINI
e-CAS never updated and nothing in the mail yet .. So frustrated !!

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for update.

Hope to see change in e-cas by week end n mail with pr card in next week as my application was received on 17-March.

Reom27 said:
Today's Update

naksa2011

Apr 29, 2016
A Question If I get a reply very soon from all of you.

Now I have got the translation of the exit/entry pages in English from arabic. Do I still need to send the copies to CIC including all empty pages of the passport that do not have stamps? or just the translated ones?

Thanks

Naksa2011

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naksa2011 said:
A Question If I get a reply very soon from all of you.

Now I have got the translation of the exit/entry pages in English from arabic. Do I still need to send the copies to CIC including all empty pages of the passport that do not have stamps? or just the translated ones?

Thanks

Naksa2011
In section 4 under Step 1: Gather documents, it is clearly highlighted that:

"Photocopies of all pages of all passports you held in the past five (5) years (if your stamps are not in English or French, please have them translated ..."

The copy of empty pages will clarify that you do not have any exit/entry stamp left in your passport that you did not copy, translate and send to CIC. Also, do not forget to send a color copy and not black and weight of you passport.

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today's Update

The processing time is kept at 73 days (i.e., in the latest update of May 30) and they are working on applications received on March 21.

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for update but anyone getting change in e-cas ??

I am frustrated now ...application received since march-17 and still " In-Process" :mad:

Reom27 said:
Today's Update

The processing time is kept at 73 days (i.e., in the latest update of May 30) and they are working on applications received on March 21.

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
hi ,
i landed on 26th of may and i was wondering if we could expedite the process of PR card . i am having travel plans in september and the processing time says 58 days ( which i feel i am still safe ) . to make sure i dont have to run into any issues in the future . could someone clarify the process if am not getting my PR card before leaving Canada, i have heard the temporary visa that we get wont be accepted on all the airports .

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
savioceg said:
hi ,
i landed on 26th of may and i was wondering if we could expedite the process of PR card . i am having travel plans in september and the processing time says 58 days ( which i feel i am still safe ) . to make sure i dont have to run into any issues in the future . could someone clarify the process if am not getting my PR card before leaving Canada, i have heard the temporary visa that we get wont be accepted on all the airports .
As this is your first PR card after landing, I don't think you can expedite the process. Most probably you will get your PR card before your travel in September.
However, if you you don't get it by then, then you can still travel and apply for a travel document (PRTD) from Canadian VISA office in the country you are traveling. The issuance of PRTD takes any where between 2-4 weeks depending on the VISA office. Please remember to carry your COPR (landing papers) with you if they are required (just in case).

RUCND

May 6, 2016
Just received an email today June 6th 2016 (6:00 am).
"...This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/04/11...."

My application was sent via Canad Post (express service) on April 8th 2016.

eCAS does not show any update about PR card process.
On the other hand a process for Citizenship grant was started at the same time, only the citizenship process information appears in eCAS (test scheduled for June 20th).