+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2015 JANUARY - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICATION

Serabeth

Apr 9, 2014
chilkootcee said:
I'm wondering if it would be interesting to include on the tracking spreadsheets the 1) applicant's country of citizenship and 2) whether or not the sponsor is Canadian born, Canadian after naturalization or PR and 3) whether the application includes a child? I'm curious to know how the above factors may / may not affect processing times? Anyone else curious about the same stuff?

C.
For what it's worth my husband is a naturalized Canadian citizen who was born in Taiwan and I'm American. His mother and father immigrated when he was ~2yo. We received our COPR on June 12.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Sarabeth...when did you first apply? Congratulations :)

kiwi_girl

Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015; 28-04-2015
File Transfer...
10-04-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-09-2015
chilkootcee said:
I'm wondering if it would be interesting to include on the tracking spreadsheets the 1) applicant's country of citizenship and 2) whether or not the sponsor is Canadian born, Canadian after naturalization or PR and 3) whether the application includes a child? I'm curious to know how the above factors may / may not affect processing times? Anyone else curious about the same stuff?

C.
We could put this info in the Notes section if that helps?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
that might work kiwigirl...hmm...except that one wouldn't be able to sort the info based on it...but it might be easier than trying to change the table itself.

Congratulations on your progress by the way :)

C.

kiwi_girl

Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015; 28-04-2015
File Transfer...
10-04-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-09-2015
Thanks chilkootcee.

No you won't be able to sort the info, but I guess the problem is that there are so many variables in each application, at what point do we analyse too much!

Serabeth

Apr 9, 2014
chilkootcee said:
Sarabeth...when did you first apply? Congratulations :)
We mailed our package on January 15th of this year. We had to send in an updated FBI check later around April-May.

PhantomUser

Dec 20, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8 2015
AOR Received.
March 12 2015
File Transfer...
March 16 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 22 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 7 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 20 2015
Hey Everyone, just got our PPR from Manila VO today. The officer also attached a visa validity date which is weeks before Christmas this year. I'm so happy right now!

teodorix

Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
25-March-2015
File Transfer...
26-March-2015
Med's Done....
09-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-Aug-2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV: 21-April-2015; PR: 09-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
29-Sept-2015
Can anyone help me with some advice?

I have a visitor multiple entry visa and currently I am staying in Canada with my husband. My six months limit will be up in November.
I also have an outland PR visa application in process and hopefully I can get it by December or January.
What are the options to extend my staying in Canada?

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teodorix said:
Can anyone help me with some advice?

I have a visitor multiple entry visa and currently I am staying in Canada with my husband. My six months limit will be up in November.
I also have an outland PR visa application in process and hopefully I can get it by December or January.
What are the options to extend my staying in Canada?
You can extend your stay. Produce cover letter from Husband, Bank statements and documents proving your have applied for PR.

I applied for my wife and asked for 1 year extension and she got it too.

good Luck

healer

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19 2015
AOR Received.
March 21 2015
File Transfer...
SA- March 24 2015
Med's Done....
January 9 2015
Passport Req..
April 27, 2015 (ECAS Status: May 8 2015--> In Process
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 27, 2015 VOH: June 17, 2015
PhantomUser said:
Hey Everyone, just got our PPR from Manila VO today. The officer also attached a visa validity date which is weeks before Christmas this year. I'm so happy right now!
Congrats! :D

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
PhantomUser said:
[/quote

That's fantastic!!]

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
I need some urgent help, I am a January 2015 applicant outland pr. My app was sent to the Tel Aviv office on March 31 and I got an email today from the Rome Italy office asking for my passport within 30 days. I am very confused, should I send it to Rome, should I email Tel Aviv, it seems like the application has been sent to the wrong office and no one told me. I dont feel comfortable sending a passport to the office that I knew nothing about. Help please.

The email says ' we are ready to undergo the final review of your application' 'visas will be issued for entry to canada before january 2016'

My second question is, is this a ppr? and does this mean they will keep my passport a long time up until that date. i.e. are they starting to look at my papers or almost ready to issue the visa? Thankyou for any help

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
It looks like Rome is the processing office for Cyprus,
I am guessing you are in Cyprus based on your avatar.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/rome.asp

Responsible for Permanent Resident Applications from:

(Includes Self-employed, Start-up visa, Quebec-selected skilled worker, PNP and family sponsorship)

Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Israel (PNP only), Italy, Malta, San Marino, Sudan, Vatican City

Note: If you wish to apply for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trade, Canadian Experience Class, or some Provincial Nominee programs, you must apply online via Express Entry.
All new family sponsorship applications must first be mailed to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

Responsible for Temporary Resident Applications from:

(Includes visitors, students, temporary workers and permanent resident travel documents)

Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Malta, San Marino, Vatican CityEnquiries
General: romevisa@international.gc.ca

As to your other question, I have no idea how long they will keep your passport. My SO was from a passport exempt country so I have no first hand experience with that unfortunately.

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
kettle said:
It looks like Rome is the processing office for Cyprus,
I am guessing you are in Cyprus based on your avatar.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/rome.asp

Responsible for Permanent Resident Applications from:

(Includes Self-employed, Start-up visa, Quebec-selected skilled worker, PNP and family sponsorship)

Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Israel (PNP only), Italy, Malta, San Marino, Sudan, Vatican City

Note: If you wish to apply for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trade, Canadian Experience Class, or some Provincial Nominee programs, you must apply online via Express Entry.
All new family sponsorship applications must first be mailed to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

Responsible for Temporary Resident Applications from:

(Includes visitors, students, temporary workers and permanent resident travel documents)

Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Malta, San Marino, Vatican CityEnquiries
General: romevisa @ international.gc.ca

As to your other question, I have no idea how long they will keep your passport. My SO was from a passport exempt country so I have no first hand experience with that unfortunately.
Thanks, yes it must have been sent to Italy but the CIC letter I have says it was being transferred to Israel and they didn't tell me it had changed so I have been following the Israel threads all the time. Does a passport request mean that there is no interview? Is this the final stage of the process, I think it means they are almost ready to issue the visa.

Ecas has changed to 'In Process' We started processing your application on July 14, 2015.
Passport Request 16 June 2015