+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 Quebec INLAND.

Romeo

May 14, 2013
Hi everyone:

I am a quebec resident looking to sponsor my wife from inland. I am a little confused on this process. Apparently you first send the application to CPC-M in Mississauga, correct? My question is do you send them the complete application package? I ask this because in the instructions it states for Quebec residents --> "A decision on your application will not be made until our office receives the decision of the MICC concerning your undertaking application. Read and follow the instructions in this guide. However, you only need to complete the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)."

So does that mean you apply to CPC-M with only the IMM1344 form?

If that is not the case in you apply to CPC-M with a complete package including form IMM0008ENU, then how can we answer the question #7 in this form which is the following "Have you received your CSQ form?" Yes/No. If Yes, please indicate the number, if No when did you apply for CSQ."

How can we know the date of applying for CSQ on this form when we haven't even sent our form to CPC-M yet? Am I missing something here? Am I supposed to apply for CSQ before sending to CPC-M?

Advice anyone?

Thanks.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Hi,
So for Quebec this are the steps.
1. Send your hole package to Mississauga and wait for AOR (Acknowledge of Receipt)
2. Mississauga will send you the AOR together with/or soon after, a letter stating that since you are in Quebec, you will be needing to go to MICC (Ministere de l'Immigration et des Communautes Culturelles) This is the letter that you need to send to Quebec with your package as soon as possible. *If you dont get the csq petition letter, call cic!
3. Send package to Quebec containning all requering documents.
4. Quebec will or will not approuve your CSQ in an average of two months. They will send CSQ by snail mail. They send two copies: One for you (Keep it in a safe place as this will be need to do Quebec gouvernement related stuff ie. health inssurance). The other one says Immigration on the bottom, you can send it back to CIC Mississauga next to a letter containing your UCI and File number. Some people say that Quebec communicates with CIC internally so no need to send this...but i sent it anyway, just to follow the rules.
5. If everything is OK with your file. CIC will send you an AIP letter (approuval in principle) with this letter plus your csq, you can go RAMQ (Quebec health inssurance) and request coverage. After receiving AIP you are also allow to present an application for Open Work Permit. Which will allow you to work while you wait for total PR.
6. In the AIP letter you might be also require to do medicals, fingerprints, background check, in case you havent yet.
*Some people are called for an interview before receiving AIP, in this case your file will move to a local office. This kind of interview normally means that they doubt of your relationship, so be prepare for all kinds of questions and have proofs to fight back.
7. Wait and you might get DM (decision made) process is finish and you just have to wait to "land". For that, your file will be transfer to a local office. Transfer after DM is totally normal.
8. Landing interview is a regular interview that is being held for you to receive your COPR. Is a non-stressful interview that last an average of 15min...and is the last step of PR. (besides waiting for your card on the mail)

There you go, hope this have help you understand the steps for quebec processing.
If you have more questions, read this threath
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t98657.0.html
thats what i did while applying. post there, old quebec applicants check it once in a while to help the new applicants.

Good luck and God bless

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I know ALLLLLL too well how much reading through Québec's immigration instructions complicates things! We originally made the mistake of sending only the sponsorship application to CIC (August 2012). We got a call a month or so later telling us that they couldn't process our application until we sent in the rest of the application (the "principal applicant" part). Some people get a call, more often their app gets returned if it is incomplete. We had to complete the rest of the app and send it in, so instead of our app starting processing in August 2012, it didn't start until October 2012.

You should think of the applications for sponsorship and for the principal/PR applicant as two parts of one big application packet. That whole thing gets sent to Mississaugua. Just leave the stuff about the CSQ blank. That form is used for multiple types of applicants, some of whom would have a CSQ before applying for PR. Family class applicants with no previous dealings with Québec's MICC will not have one.

CIC will receive your full application and, some time later (for us it was about 3 months, but our early mistake may have affected that timeline one way or the other - also, get used to the fact that experiences vary quite a bit, because CIC is insanely inconsistent) they will send you a letter instructing you to request the CSQ from MICC. That's when you go here: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html to complete the paperwork for Québec's MICC. (NO NEED to do anything with that link now, just provided it in case it's helpful to you to be able to look through it). You'll send all of that off to MICC, then you'll get your undertaking back, signed, along with two copies of the CSQ. I did *not* send anything else to CIC, as MICC said they sent one copy directly to CIC. CIC received their copy directly from CIC with no issues (doesn't hurt to send your second copy if you want, but it's not normally necessary).

Then...more waiting! AIP/stage one approval/approval in principle is the next step, after which, as MaxLet said, you can go to the Regie's office to get a carte de soleil (health card). There's a three-month waiting period before you have access to Québec's health services. Again, as MaxLet said, the principal applicant can then apply for a work permit. Also, if the principal applicant is interested in French courses, he/she is eligible for free French courses through MICC after AIP. Info here: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/french-language/learning-quebec/index.html. I'm about to finish my French courses, and they've been INCREDIBLE helpful.

Then...MORE waiting! Until DM/decision made/stage two approval. Then you'll wait for a letter to verify some info, which you'll send back in, then (more waiting!) you'll receive a letter with a landing interview appointment. Then the landing interview, and then the principal applicant is a PR! Then (more waiting!) the PR card comes about two months later.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Do you think that people who are in Quebec has a kind of hard and extra costly application?
we have to apply for CSQ which mean more money to be paid with another two month. then and after CIC receive it, they will continue working in our application. :eek:
why dont they finish the process and as soon as they receive CSQ, they issue AIP? why do we have to pay extra money and got nothing in return , even worse more waiting time?
Just some thoughts I felt like sharing

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
I know the OP is applying inland.
And I know QuebecOkie applied Inland.
So does the health card/OWP apply to only inland??
Since I'm hoping to stay here in Quebec during the process by getting an extension, can I do the OWP? And can I apply for the health card then as well? Or since I'm outland they wouldn't expect me to apply til after I land?

And since I'm outland I don't have an appointment to land, correct??
I just... fly into the airport and..... how does all that work?
I'm someone who likes knowing the very practical things. Like.. ok I get to the airport and show my PR papers and what exactly happens then? hahah

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Smsm81, get used to it, haha! Québec is a special place. Yep, the process costs an extra $269 here. And it's the only province in which you have to file two income tax returns. Lots of special little things. At least the extra step in this process doesn't seem to slow anything down at all.

lleahdoll, you will not be eligible for an OWP or a health card until you land as a PR. You are correct, you will not get an appointment to land. CIC will send you a passport request (referred to as PPR on this forum). For visa-exempt countries like the US, you only have to send them a copy of your passport, not the real thing. Then CIC will send you your certificate of permanent residency (COPR). You just fly into the airport (or drive to the nearest border crossing) with your passport, COPR, CSQ and undertaking (the Québec parts) and you tell them you're there to land. I think the process at that point is similar to inland applicants, in that they send you to the Immigration office, ask you a few simple questions (have you committed any crimes, etc., truly simple check-in-the-box stuff), and then BOOM, you're (kind of anticlimactically) a PR.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
QuebecOkie said:
Smsm81, get used to it, haha! Québec is a special place. Yep, the process costs an extra $269 here. And it's the only province in which you have to file two income tax returns. Lots of special little things. At least the extra step in this process doesn't seem to slow anything down at all.
You might be right regarding equal time ,but what we get for the extra fees? $269 for nothing?we pay more tax here.. lower income that other provinces :eek: . health card not acceptable out of the province ,unlike Alberta. Is there any benefit being in Quebec :p?

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
QuebecOkie said:
lleahdoll, you will not be eligible for an OWP or a health card until you land as a PR. You are correct, you will not get an appointment to land. CIC will send you a passport request (referred to as PPR on this forum). For visa-exempt countries like the US, you only have to send them a copy of your passport, not the real thing. Then CIC will send you your certificate of permanent residency (COPR). You just fly into the airport (or drive to the nearest border crossing) with your passport, COPR, CSQ and undertaking (the Québec parts) and you tell them you're there to land. I think the process at that point is similar to inland applicants, in that they send you to the Immigration office, ask you a few simple questions (have you committed any crimes, etc., truly simple check-in-the-box stuff), and then BOOM, you're (kind of anticlimactically) a PR.
Thank you, once again QuebecOkie! :) I was pretty sure I had to wait til I land to do the health card stuff. Hopefully by the end of this year I'll be landed. All depends when we get everything submitted! *sigh*

fupsik

Apr 30, 2014
Montreal
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2014
AOR Received.
August, 2014
Interview........
2015-07-14
LANDED..........
2015-07-14
Hi all,

just want to share my story and ask for some information. In short:

April, 2014 - sent application to CIC Mississauga
August, 2014 - got email with AOR
January, 2015 - got similar email with AOR again
February, 26, 2015 - got email saying that we must submit undertaking application to Quebec government
February, 27,2015 - got the same email again (but this time they corrected a typo in it)
March, 5, 2015 - our undertaking application was received by MIDI
March, 13, 2015 - got email from CIC with apoligies saying that they made a mistake sending us emails in February. Quote: "The processing of your application has not been affected. The CPC-Mississauga has been in contact with the MIDI and has alerted them to this situation. You should not submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec based on the correspondence dated February 26th or 27th. Rather, please wait for further correspondence from CPC-Mississauga before contacting the MIDI. If you have already submitted your application, the MIDI will be contacting you shortly with further information." Since we already send the undertaking application by that time, we just waited and didn't do anything.
March, 16, 2015 - MIDI cashed the check
March, 31, 2015 - I received CSQ

So now I'm all confused and have no idea if this CSQ wasn't issued by mistake too. But I guess I have nothing else to do but follow the procedures. I have a few questions about what I do next:
1. Do I have to send a second copy of CSQ to CIC? If so, how do I find out to which office? Or do I just send it to CIC office in Mississauga? I went through all my papers but I don't see any specific office that processes my application or officer's name.
2. What do I do with the approved copy of our undertaking application that came to us with a stamp in the mail? Do I send it somewhere?
3. What's the nest step? Just wait for information from CIC? How long does it take on average?

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
fupsik said:
Hi all,

just want to share my story and ask for some information. In short:

April, 2014 - sent application to CIC Mississauga
August, 2014 - got email with AOR
January, 2015 - got similar email with AOR again
February, 26, 2015 - got email saying that we must submit undertaking application to Quebec government
February, 27,2015 - got the same email again (but this time they corrected a typo in it)
March, 5, 2015 - our undertaking application was received by MIDI
March, 13, 2015 - got email from CIC with apoligies saying that they made a mistake sending us emails in February. Quote: "The processing of your application has not been affected. The CPC-Mississauga has been in contact with the MIDI and has alerted them to this situation. You should not submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec based on the correspondence dated February 26th or 27th. Rather, please wait for further correspondence from CPC-Mississauga before contacting the MIDI. If you have already submitted your application, the MIDI will be contacting you shortly with further information." Since we already send the undertaking application by that time, we just waited and didn't do anything.
March, 16, 2015 - MIDI cashed the check
March, 31, 2015 - I received CSQ

So now I'm all confused and have no idea if this CSQ wasn't issued by mistake too. But I guess I have nothing else to do but follow the procedures. I have a few questions about what I do next:
1. Do I have to send a second copy of CSQ to CIC? If so, how do I find out to which office? Or do I just send it to CIC office in Mississauga? I went through all my papers but I don't see any specific office that processes my application or officer's name.
2. What do I do with the approved copy of our undertaking application that came to us with a stamp in the mail? Do I send it somewhere?
3. What's the nest step? Just wait for information from CIC? How long does it take on average?

Thank you and good luck to everyone!
I've heard that more people had problems with faulty emails on those dates. You could contact CIC and ask how to proceed and if that doenst help I would contact MIDI to check if they have any solution/information

fupsik

Apr 30, 2014
Montreal
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2014
AOR Received.
August, 2014
Interview........
2015-07-14
LANDED..........
2015-07-14
MaxLet said:
4. Quebec will or will not approuve your CSQ in an average of two months. They will send CSQ by snail mail. They send two copies: One for you (Keep it in a safe place as this will be need to do Quebec gouvernement related stuff ie. health inssurance). The other one says Immigration on the bottom, you can send it back to CIC Mississauga next to a letter containing your UCI and File number. Some people say that Quebec communicates with CIC internally so no need to send this...but i sent it anyway, just to follow the rules.
Can you please specify where exactly I should send my CSQ? My case is processed in Mississauga, but I have a few different addresses (different P.O. Box). Is it General mailing address or can I use Spouse and Common-law Partner (currently living in Canada) address? Where did you send it? Thanks!