+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

zs2013

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
klarisa said:
The FSW 2014 will accept application till may 2015. So the express entry will start after may 2015 or in January 2015?
Express Entry / EOI will make the immigration process tough which is similar to Australian Immigration. FSWP 2014 is the last and easy way....

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
hisaca said:
Disclaimer
There is no deadline for applying to the NSNP. However, program criteria may change without notice and your application will be assessed according to the criteria in place at the time the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration receives your complete application.

I culled that out from the guide, i will suggest anyone planning to write and challenge their decision should seek the interpretation of the above statement first of all.
if we consider the disclaimer, and NS office of immigration is providing nominations on the first come first served basis then they are definitely doing wrong thing and unfair treatment to applicants. And yes, if this is the case then we can raise our concern to the NS immigration office.

In the disclaimer, they have declared that applications will be assessed according to the criteria in place at the time the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration receives your complete application.
Now, when we sent our applications, the criteria was to process all the applications and select strongest 150 applicants. and as of now, if they change the rule and provide nomination on the first come first served basis then they are violating their own rules and this cannot be tolerated. If they are doing such practice then we should definitely lash out on them and screw the idiots sitting in the office and changing rules as they wish.

And as far as i suspect, they are providing nominations on the first come first served basis, without processing all the applications. otherwise how can someone get nomination and many of us waiting for file numbers. How can they decide this one is the strongest applicant without even looking at other applications like they are not going to get 150 stronger applicants than him/her from 2500 applicants.(considering they have processed 500 applications before providing nomination to THE LUCKY MEMBER we have :p).

This is bulls**t and we should hit hard on NOVA SCOTIA immigration office.

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
nex10 said:
if we consider the disclaimer, and NS office of immigration is providing nominations on the first come first served basis then they are definitely doing wrong thing and unfair treatment to applicants. And yes, if this is the case then we can raise our concern to the NS immigration office.

In the disclaimer, they have declared that applications will be assessed according to the criteria in place at the time the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration receives your complete application.
Now, when we sent our applications, the criteria was to process all the applications and select strongest 150 applicants. and as of now, if they change the rule and provide nomination on the first come first served basis then they are violating their own rules and this cannot be tolerated. If they are doing such practice then we should definitely lash out on them and screw the idiots sitting in the office and changing rules as they wish.

And as far as i suspect, they are providing nominations on the first come first served basis, without processing all the applications. otherwise how can someone get nomination and many of us waiting for file numbers. How can they decide this one is the strongest applicant without even looking at other applications like they are not going to get 150 stronger applicants than him/her from 2500 applicants.(considering they have processed 500 applications before providing nomination to THE LUCKY MEMBER we have :p).

This is bulls**t and we should hit hard on NOVA SCOTIA immigration office.
I think they never specified the exact process of nomimation. They just said they will nominate 150 this year. It is we all who assumed that they will process all applications. AlAlso they have clearly said they can change the criteria anytime. Just because 1 person is nominated doesnt mean he was undesereved. They will nominate whoever they think can settle in NS. Once they identify 150 there is no point in orocessing other applications

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
can2174 said:
I think they never specified the exact process of nomimation. They just said they will nominate 150 this year. It is we all who assumed that they will process all applications. AlAlso they have clearly said they can change the criteria anytime. Just because 1 person is nominated doesnt mean he was undesereved. They will nominate whoever they think can settle in NS. Once they identify 150 there is no point in orocessing other applications
First of all, I do not say the member who got nomination undeserved it. What I want to say is there MIGHT be stronger candidates than the member if they process all the application.

Secondly, yes, I agree with you that the claim I made on original nomination process at the time we submitted our application is based on assumption from what I think I read and understood. I probably read it on the NS RLMD program page or in FAQ. And both are now changed so I cannot read it once again and interpret exactly unless someone has taken screenshot, printed or saved old FAQ and RLMD program homepage. may be older post from this forum can help or old catch in the history of the browser. Who knows? All we need to do is some digging to know what exactly they stated before they changed their webpage.

I hope someone can help and come out with old FAQ and program web page.

monemsalah

Apr 3, 2013
I applied 27 April 2014 (1 day before they close the door). I do not think that they will even open my application as i see that thousands of applications already in the front row.

Anyway, Hope you all best of luck as we all need it.

ram040479

Aug 10, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
monemsalah said:
I applied 27 April 2014 (1 day before they close the door). I do not think that they will even open my application as i see that thousands of applications already in the front row.

Anyway, Hope you all best of luck as we all need it.
Bro. I applied on the day the program opened - 06th March 2014. How ironic that we both are in the same boat. I have also not received any reply from them.

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
can2174 said:
While I am not a counsel to NS, I agree with you CAN. Years ago, CIC cancelled Pre Feb 2008 - what happened afterwards. When someone tells you rules can change without notice, the person has made himself clear enough. It is this same principle that can make CIC throw out an application despite a province has nominated you.

My gentle advice is for us to look elsewhere, the issue here is not enforceable in law. However those who wish to write can go ahead.

monemsalah

Apr 3, 2013
I read a lot regarding to Ombudsman in Canada and all provinces.

Here is the website for Nova Scotia Office of the Ombudsman.

novascotia.ca/ombu/

If you feel you have been treated unfairly by a provincial or municipal government body, or you have a complaint about a Nova Scotia government service ...

The Nova Scotia Office of the Ombudsman may be able to help you.

I do not think that it is a good idea to contact them regarding to this issue but I just want you all read about how Canada defend human rights.

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
I agree with you people that they may change rule without notice, it is clearly mentioned in the disclaimer. However in the very same sentance, it is also written that applications will be assessed on the basis of the criteria in place on the date that application has been received.

I searched for the catches available on various search engines, but could not find information on old web pages. If some one has saved the web pages or FAQ then we can find out what exactly was the application processing criteria, if there was any.

balars4

Feb 25, 2014
During March I told they will select as per FIFO. They cannot assess all appl. Rank them and select Top 150.
In selecting criteria received date is an imp. Criteria. If march Appl r not ok they will go to Apr appl.
If march Appl met their expectation, y they ve to go for Apr.
They given clear notice from Mar 27 they received enough Appl for 150. After that its individual risk.

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What i read before in the FAQs that they will keep the rest of the applications for the next year ,after finishing the nomination process , but now they are saying they will send them back, and may be they are doing it in groups for instance they divide what they received in March to 3 groups each 100 application and process so let's say they will nominate from 300 of March 50 applicant , after that they will go for April group ..and so on.. because for sure not all the applications are complete and able to be nominated.. it 's an assumption ...

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
nex10 said:
First of all, I do not say the member who got nomination undeserved it. What I want to say is there MIGHT be stronger candidates than the member if they process all the application.

Secondly, yes, I agree with you that the claim I made on original nomination process at the time we submitted our application is based on assumption from what I think I read and understood. I probably read it on the NS RLMD program page or in FAQ. And both are now changed so I cannot read it once again and interpret exactly unless someone has taken screenshot, printed or saved old FAQ and RLMD program homepage. may be older post from this forum can help or old catch in the history of the browser. Who knows? All we need to do is some digging to know what exactly they stated before they changed their webpage.

I hope someone can help and come out with old FAQ and program web page.
I have printout of old guideline pdf and i dont see anywhere they mentioned about selection of applications. In the FAQ they changed 1 thing that is earlier they said they will keep remaining applications in queue and now they say we have to apply again 2015 because ofexpreas entry. But as they said "remaining applications" complete applications which fall after 150 cap i.e first completed 150 applications and who show plan to settle in NS will be nominated

balars4

Feb 25, 2014
NS people r good, with helping mind they told will keep remaining appl. for next yr & ielts academic ok.
But as per regular practice its not acceptable. So high official from CIC or Other province advised NS to go as per standard. Its their discretion to return as per new rules or withdraw RLMD by telling regret for inconvenience. We ve to accept. No other choice I think.

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
I have just gone through the old FAQ( of around 20th March) and there is nothing on Nomination process suggesting that all applications will be assessed and strongest applicants will be nominated.
I think that FAQs were changed twice(around 1st April & 28th April) since then. I also could not find any previous web page. Without any strong point on nomination process, it is worthless to send mails to NS immigration office.

ssbsmile

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only 4 person from this group got pre-screening mail on 16,17 & 18th April 2014 but after that no update, if anybody received pre screening mail after that plz share.