+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
hellen119119 said:
I totally agree this possibility, but it is only in theory.
The province immigration offices are only CIC's counterpart, not colleague. we have no idea how well they are connected.
I suppose that CIC will look the letter only after it receives the application files. also, it is not CIC's duty to help the province counterparts verify applicants' genuine intention.
Helen, I will suggest you go and read CIC OP 7B- Provincial Nominee. One of the three major reasons CIC can refuse a PNP is if the CIC officer can establish a non-intention to stay in a province.

It may interest you that a certain province nominated someone who scored 4 in Ielts, CIC turned it down on the ground of inadequate economic settlement criteria. A nomination is not fixed n firm, CIC has the final say.

Not my opinion but the rule.

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all seniors, i have a question regarding sunnytheshine's question on receiving nomination and application to FSW 2014.

I think I could relate to his/her situation. I applied for QSW last October and already received the AOR. I am planning to apply to FSW at the same time (but with a different intended province). If in the middle of the process, I received successful province nomination (in my case, a Quebec Selection Certificate), could I just keep the nomination letter and allow the Federal application to continue? Or do I have to withdraw from the PNP nomination?

I know this is off topic but any insight on this matter that is somehow parallel to NS PNP might help me understand.

Thanks! :)

hellen119119

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
hisaca said:
Helen, I will suggest you go and read CIC OP 7B- Provincial Nominee. One of the three major reasons CIC can refuse a PNP is if the CIC officer can establish a non-intention to stay in a province.

It may interest you that a certain province nominated someone who scored 4 in Ielts, CIC turned it down on the ground of inadequate economic settlement criteria. A nomination is not fixed n firm, CIC has the final say.

Not my opinion but the rule.
Thx for clarification!

So this means that applicants can not apply QSW and FSW at the same time, like what the bro below is doing?

in any sense, his FSW application will not be affected.

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
bosschips said:
To all seniors, i have a question regarding sunnytheshine's question on receiving nomination and application to FSW 2014.

I think I could relate to his/her situation. I applied for QSW last October and already received the AOR. I am planning to apply to FSW at the same time (but with a different intended province). If in the middle of the process, I received successful province nomination (in my case, a Quebec Selection Certificate), could I just keep the nomination letter and allow the Federal application to continue? Or do I have to withdraw from the PNP nomination?

I know this is off topic but any insight on this matter that is somehow parallel to NS PNP might help me understand.

Thanks! :)
Good, you know we are talking of intent here and we are not the VO. If you apply for PN before fsw, it is assumed you intend to reside in the province you picked in PN. So if in fsw you pick another province within the same timeframe - it is either you don't want the earlier province again or you want to enter Canada by all means.

So the intent theory lies on the VO.

hellen119119

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
hisaca said:
Good, you know we are talking of intent here and we are not the VO. If you apply for PN before fsw, it is assumed you intend to reside in the province you picked in PN. So if in fsw you pick another province within the same timeframe - it is either you don't want the earlier province again or you want to enter Canada by all means.

So the intent theory lies on the VO.
This really depends on how ICI defines "genuine intent" and is willing to reject the province's decision.

Apparently, there is not a clear line. otherwise, all applicants who have applied or r applying other PNP will be rejected by another province, all applicants who have applied or r applying Quebec cannot are not eligible for any programs outside Quebec.

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
hellen119119 said:
This really depends on how ICI defines "genuine intent" and is willing to reject the province's decision.

Apparently, there is not a clear line. otherwise, all applicants who have applied or r applying other PNP will be rejected by another province, all applicants who have applied or r applying Quebec cannot are not eligible for any programs outside Quebec.
You are right but do your investigation, most Province reject people who applied in other province. The only waiver they give atimes is if you apply to FSW.

Province are jealous and are always afraid of people who will use their nomination as a platform to run to another province.

Do you know genuine intention has been misconstrued and people deny pr

hellen119119

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
hisaca said:
You are right but do your investigation, most Province reject people who applied in other province. The only waiver they give atimes is if you apply to FSW.

Province are jealous and are always afraid of people who will use their nomination as a platform to run to another province.

Do you know genuine intention has been misconstrued and people deny pr
I believe that running into Canada is the top priority of most applicants. However, majority are willing to remain in the province that nominated them, given they can acquire jobs in a period.

mylcdmonitor

Jan 15, 2014
hi

many many thanks GOD i got the nomination letter 3 days ago

noc 2171

i have a question :

1 - if we got nomination letter , can we apply for work permit visa ? (im not sure its for 1 year or 2years ) ?

2- can we simultaneously apply for pr and work permit visa ?

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mylcdmonitor said:
hi

noc 2171

i have a question :

1 - if we got nomination letter , can we apply for work permit visa ? (im not sure its for 1 year or 2years ) ?

hi,

It seems you are not registered in Nova Scotia spread sheet, could you do that?

Please provide last 3 digits of your Nomination letter.

1. Do you have job offer to apply for work visa?
2. Yes you can, if you have a job offer.

mylcdmonitor

Jan 15, 2014
itexpert said:
hi,

It seems you are not registered in Nova Scotia spread sheet, could you do that?

Please provide last 3 digits of your Nomination letter.

1. Do you have job offer to apply for work visa?
2. Yes you can, if you have a job offer.
thanks friend

no , i havent filled spreadsheet for myself (could u give the link , i remember it was under signature of someone :) )

1- no i havnet job offer , i applied under novascotia rmld 150 application
2- without job offer and just with nomination letter i cant apply wor work permit visa ? my lawyer said that some provinces give an other letter with nomination letter for work permit and u can apply for pr and go to canada with ur work permit and wait there to take ur pr , what do u think ?

best wishes for u

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mylcdmonitor said:
thanks friend

no , i havent filled spreadsheet for myself (could u give the link , i remember it was under signature of someone :) )

1- no i havnet job offer , i applied under novascotia rmld 150 application
2- without job offer and just with nomination letter i cant apply wor work permit visa ? my lawyer said that some provinces give an other letter with nomination letter for work permit and u can apply for pr and go to canada with ur work permit and wait there to take ur pr , what do u think ?

best wishes for u
2. In that case you cannot apply for Work Visa, as I know, I didn't hear about that opportunity for NSNP.

And could you just provide the last 3 digits of Nomination letter code?And when your application has been reached to NSOI?

Links are below, it should be filled under ssbsmile signature

URL to Upload detail in Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dqN_etyH7cVRsxorUznCpxU2gH2H9TjjJeZsz5DEg3c/edit?usp=docslist_api

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15BsRyoQKbbQsbeMCEdj72GUqo5vI-BEd08eZnJmSejo/edit?pli=1#gid=213

vrodn

Jul 3, 2014
Hello ,
I am waiting for a nomination, has anyone been refused?
Do you know when NSOI are supposed to send the rejection letters?

Thank you.

Mansu

Jun 20, 2014
Dear Friends, I am new here. please advice me. My application reached NS office on 22nd April so I know my chances are not so good. As a proof of funds I have submitted my savings account details signed by the bank manager, Now the question is can I convert the same amount into fixed deposit for a one year term and if I do so will it be accepted as proof of funds by NS office? I know, wait for one more month and we all will come to know everything but still I am posting this question hoping that I may get a clear suggestion from you guys.
I have sent a mail to NS immigration office too but till now I did not receive any reply.
Thank you all.

Gerly061007

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
China
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
AVAILABLE UPON APPLICATION
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
mylcdmonitor said:
hi

noc 2171

i have a question :

Looks like majority of those nominated are from IT related field.. :) congrats then!

Gerly061007

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
China
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
AVAILABLE UPON APPLICATION
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
vrodn said:
Hello ,
I am waiting for a nomination, has anyone been refused?
Do you know when NSOI are supposed to send the rejection letters?

Thank you.

Did you ever receive prescreening email?