+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

wael.ot

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
09-05-2015
sjulien said:
Really interesting calculation. But, before nomination, they will initiate pre-screening process so how they will start pre-screening through randomly/lottery/first come first basis?

if they would allocate AOR to 200/300 applicants, then after, I don't think so they should have to accept files.
I have an opinion and I don't know if they may use it or not. I think NSIO will have a criteria in their decision. I may be correct and I may be wrong for sure. Firstly, they will pre-screen all applications until a pre-determined date (may be 15/3, may be 1/4, may be 20/4). The output from pre-screening will be YES or NO. YES equals that applicants is eligible to apply in all factors (NOC, 2 years exp, IELTS, Fund ... etc). Secondly, they will use a pre-determined weighting system and give weight for each application. Weighting system is something like the points scoring system in CIC but only NS immigration officers who knows how weight will be calculated. For example, they may breakdown the weight into some sub-categories such as age, experience, education, NOC, spouse NOC, IELTS score, spouse IELTS, relatives (if applicable), or any other connection like friends, how strength of settlement plan, fund. After this process, each applicant will have his/ her score. Let's say applicant "A" has 65%, applicant "B" has 70%, applicant "C" has 80%, applicant "D" has 50% and so on. Thus, they will sort applicants according to their weights, then they will start contact the highest 150 applicants in order to nominate them.
All above criteria is not a fact but it is my private assumptions which may be true or false. Please don't take it as a fact, I am just an applicant like all of us. I am just trying to analyze the situation.

rndxpert

Star Member
Mar 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014
sjulien said:
I believe that no one knows about it. But, they are accepting so many files. Hence, thinking how they are going to start pre-screening process, either randomly or sequential??

If they will pick the file through lottery/randomly then better to submit multiple file? :)
In my view, some of us might started getting pre-screening mails from 1st week. Moreover, I guess they might already opened the applications and scanned to system to identify the category to know how many application they received.

I might be wrong but would not think that they might received 2000+ application till today (31 March 2014), this is just an assumption or personal feeling.

Lets keep updated here if someone get any news from NSIO.

ZIDYAY

Sep 26, 2013
wael.ot said:
Sorry but I couldn't get your point. How is it logical that NSNP could nominate higher number than FSWP?
I am saying your computation that NSNP (49x150=7350) will exceed the FSWP quota of 5000 per year is possible.

On the other hand it may not happen because:
1. Not all jobs in the list will generate as many as 150 applicants. Some jobs will hit the limit of 150 fast but, others may not have a single applicant.
2. Nova Scotia is only making a nomination. The final number of applicants that will be granted visa depends on CIC that may come out lower than 5000.

DrHouseMD

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER Received: October 17, 2014
IELTS Request
With the application
wael.ot said:
Simply if the complete and correct applications are less than 150 applications, so all of them will be nominated and probability is 100%
If complete and correct applications are 300 applications, probability will be dropped to 50%
If complete and correct applications are 450 applications, probability will be dropped to 33.33% and so on
Someone said before that there are 65,000 applications. If this info is correct, probability will be 150/65000 * 100% = 0.23%
All of above assumption based on correct and complete applications only.
VERY WELL SAID!!! THANK YOU wael.ot... you're indeed a great Mathematician.. ^_^

rndxpert

Star Member
Mar 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014
wael.ot said:
I have an opinion and I don't know if they may use it or not. I think NSIO will have a criteria in their decision. I may be correct and I may be wrong for sure. Firstly, they will pre-screen all applications until a pre-determined date (may be 15/3, may be 1/4, may be 20/4). The output from pre-screening will be YES or NO. YES equals that applicants is eligible to apply in all factors (NOC, 2 years exp, IELTS, Fund ... etc). Secondly, they will use a pre-determined weighting system and give weight for each application. Weighting system is something like the points scoring system in CIC but only NS immigration officers who knows how weight will be calculated. For example, they may breakdown the weight into some sub-categories such as age, experience, education, NOC, spouse NOC, IELTS score, spouse IELTS, relatives (if applicable), or any other connection like friends, how strength of settlement plan, fund. After this process, each applicant will have his/ her score. Let's say applicant "A" has 65%, applicant "B" has 70%, applicant "C" has 80%, applicant "D" has 50% and so on. Thus, they will sort applicants according to their weights, then they will start contact the highest 150 applicants in order to nominate them.
All above criteria is not a fact but it is my private assumptions which may be true or false. Please don't take it as a fact, I am just an applicant like all of us. I am just trying to analyze the situation.
I agree with you. I would say that, people who sent their application in hurry or some of us with overconfidence might be chances to ask more information as they might missed something.

I am sure that NSIO is genuine in the process and procedures thus they update the accurate information to applicant. For example, if someone missed to calculate the funds and financial information, they might ask to send the correct data in a limited time of period else they can reject the application..as so.

This time i guess we have major applicant from IT and others might bit safe in terms of application count...Just my guess, dont take it personal.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
You are mathematics master. :)

Again, they do not have resources who can scanned and put all details in system.

Either they can select file on first serve first come basis or randomly then after do pre-screening if candidate is perfectly meet all the requirements then half of selection is done. Once, people will get AOR means they are selected for nomination unless they could find any discrepancy in application.

wael.ot said:

balars4

Feb 25, 2014
My opinion is, They will review all appl and rank them within their NOC. No lottery system. They select accordingly. Most exceptional candidate may or may not be choosen, bcoz they will have other bigger option than NS. Pls correct me I may wrong.

rndxpert

Star Member
Mar 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014
ZIDYAY said:
I am saying your computation that NSNP (49x150=7350) will exceed the FSWP quota of 5000 per year is possible.

1. Not all jobs in the list will generate as many as 150 applicants. Some jobs will hit the limit of 150 fast but, others may not have a single applicant.
2. Nova Scotia is only making a nomination. The final number of applicants that will be granted visa depends on CIC that may come out lower than 5000.
ZIDYAY, I was on the same point but no body is gona trust this because of NSIO mentioned that 150 is CAP and all other members are taking this as overall capping.

But still the point to think that what makes them helpful if they only get 150 people? are they going to photo copy them to fullfill the market demand? If not then there must be huge demand..not only 150 8)

wael.ot

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
09-05-2015
rndxpert said:
In my view, some of us might started getting pre-screening mails from 1st week. Moreover, I guess they might already opened the applications and scanned to system to identify the category to know how many application they received.

I might be wrong but would not think that they might received 2000+ application till today (31 March 2014), this is just an assumption or personal feeling.

Lets keep updated here if someone get any news from NSIO.
I believe that received applications may be around this number, but who can know or confirm :(

wael.ot

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
09-05-2015
ZIDYAY said:

I failed to get your point again. I believe that NS represents less than 5% of whole Canada in total area and in population too. Therefore, I am thinking that NS nomination visas should be less than FSWP visas by huge number. That why I believe that it is 150 in total not per each occupation.
Please describe your POV in another direction to me, sorry once more.

wael.ot

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
09-05-2015
DrHouseMD said:
VERY WELL SAID!!! THANK YOU wael.ot... you're indeed a great Mathematician.. ^_^
You are welcome DrHoiseMD. It is something related to education and career :)

wael.ot

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
09-05-2015
rndxpert said:
I agree with you. I would say that, people who sent their application in hurry or some of us with overconfidence might be chances to ask more information as they might missed something.

I am sure that NSIO is genuine in the process and procedures thus they update the accurate information to applicant. For example, if someone missed to calculate the funds and financial information, they might ask to send the correct data in a limited time of period else they can reject the application..as so.

This time i guess we have major applicant from IT and others might bit safe in terms of application count...Just my guess, dont take it personal.
I hope

wael.ot

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
09-05-2015
sjulien said:
You are mathematics master. :)

Again, they do not have resources who can scanned and put all details in system.

Either they can select file on first serve first come basis or randomly then after do pre-screening if candidate is perfectly meet all the requirements then half of selection is done. Once, people will get AOR means they are selected for nomination unless they could find any discrepancy in application.
Thanks sjulien, I really adore math and calculations. Regarding to resources, it needs only a very small system and any junior programmer can develop something like that. They will need to enter only 7 - 10 fields per each applicant then computer will do the rest. I believe that it will be much accurate than trying to evaluate and compare between all candidates. Also, it will be efficient than 1st come 1st serve base.

wael.ot

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
09-05-2015
balars4 said:
My opinion is, They will review all appl and rank them within their NOC. No lottery system. They select accordingly. Most exceptional candidate may or may not be choosen, bcoz they will have other bigger option than NS. Pls correct me I may wrong.
may be

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Honestly, I don't think so they have extremely demands and shortage of labours. Well, they can hire resources from local markets why they need only immigrants.

1) The Community Identified Stream has been replaced with the new Regional Labour Market Demand stream. So process should be same. Just they have changed that they are going to provide an opportunity who willing to settle down in province, without job-offer etc..

2) Canada is going to close family program across different provinces and will start without job-offer category. However in form you can see some strong relationship option such as family member, friends etc. It happened for SK, NS.

3) More than 50% new immigrants have been facing jobs problem initial 6 months. Local Canadian company will only hire when you have Canadian experiences or you need to start your career as a fresher in Canada unless you are lucky :)

4) Nothing about jobs demand and other stuff. they are trying to showing that they are going to hire more immigrants to fulfill shortage of labour demand. then why they closed family program... Otherwise, they should have to start process in faster manner.

Sorry but very disappointed with their system.. faced bad experience in SK.

rndxpert said:
ZIDYAY, I was on the same point but no body is gona trust this because of NSIO mentioned that 150 is CAP and all other members are taking this as overall capping.

But still the point to think that what makes them helpful if they only get 150 people? are they going to photo copy them to fullfill the market demand? If not then there must be huge demand..not only 150 8)