+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/immigrants-hit-citizenship-roadblocks-with-language-forms-1.2582195

Just to be informed, i always read news and articles about NS

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
tenkrun10 said:
Guys, I think we need to calm down a bit with this cap subject. Ok, there's a cap BUT the stream is still open. Furthermore, we can speculate as to how NS officials will select candidates but reality is.....All we know is that 1) complete applications, 2) That meets all the criteria 3) Intent to settle - Meaning the first application submitted is not necessarily going to be picked but the first complete application that meets the other two criteria. NOte - The sincere intent to settle permanently is the most subjective of the criteria and can be applied in relative terms (the officer my see 5 that pass the initial intent threshold but read one plan and think it is more convincing that the other 4). Also think about some positive events that may occur. It's been done before that immigration programs ask that the cap be increased, you just never know. For all these reasons, send your application in, make sure it's complete and of course make sure you qualify and the hope for the best.

Hi all,

I belive the above is d best suggestion for everybody.
Lets have Faith once ur application is complete.
Fiirm

rndxpert

Star Member
Mar 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014
can2174 said:
ok so I was going through "FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here" I see that there was almost same participation in that thread ever since the FSW opened on may 4th 2013.
1) They reached at page 104 on may 22 2013 (that proves online participation is same).

2) I saw that NOC 2174 was filled on 21st aug 2013

3) Total people on the forum for NOC 2174 in FSW were 105 (1/3rd people on the forum rest all are not even aware or not active on this forum)

applying same logic for NSNP I see that total applications for IT/software related NOCs are 18 which makes approx 40 other people not on this forum yet.

may be there are too many people from IT/Software applying.
I am also applied in same steam in IT, count me as well :)

rndxpert

Star Member
Mar 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014
sidsun said:
Dear seniors,
my file was reached 12/03/2014.Am worried about cap limit.My file is within cap or not plz suggest little tensed
Dont worry, we all are in the same race and hope for the best.

My application reached on 21 March 2014 so you are still behind the edge...

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Mickeyboy said:
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi FilCad,

Yes,I am a nurse here. I met few Filipinos here who work as an Accountant and I have few friends working in the Payroll System somewhere in Dartmouth area.
So, I guess there's few job opportunities for you in the Province. The economy just started to keep up right this year because Halifax Nova Scotia got the job contract for building new ships in Canadian Navy. The name of the project is Ship Starts Here.
As for Nova Scotia in general, I love it here,it's not a very big city like Toronto,Montreal or Vancouver but I like it that way.
I left United Kingdom to come over in Canada but one of the few things I don't like is Winter Cold Weather.
The people here are very friendly and helpful,and there are many Filipinos here too, I am from Bohol Phils. myself. The province is surrounded by water/sea(Atlantic Ocean) and it is considered one of the best cities in Canada.

Goodluck in your application!Godbless

Hi Carlaganda,

It is nice to see that there is someone in this forum that is already residing in Nova Scotia and giving some insights on life and career there. This is the statement I love to read and looking for long back in this forum about life in Nova Scotia from someone who actually have an experience living in there. I've done some research about NS and seems that few job opportunities are available in there and my doubts support what I have read from you. What was the good thing is the future outlook of NS to attract more investors to invest in their territory and create job opportunities to the people. I am very optimistic into it and sure that this will be a great development in NS. Besides the "Ship starts here project", NS also signed contracts after bidding with some of the oil and gas players to explore and drill deep water in their ocean (offshore) for possible oil discoveries. This means it will create further job opportunities. I am hoping that I can be there someday to start a new life.

Thank you Carlaganda for sharing insights, experiences, and advices in this forum. It is a great help for us in this forum seeking for an opportunity to live and work in Canada.

Hoping for your continuous sharing efforts in this forum.

Regards,

Mickeyboy
Hi Mickeyboy,

You are very welcome! I'd love to help :) Yes, Nova Scotia just started to create more jobs...That's one of the reasons why they open the new stream this month.

I am hoping you will get the chance to get nominated and start your new life here too. They want professional people who can contribute the booming economy in the province. Goodluck ;)

pandyalakulish

Star Member
Dec 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24/10/2013
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I have one question about eligibility.

"You have at least two (2) years of continuous full-time work experience within the last five (5) years, in a field of work related to your intended occupation in Nova Scotia"

Does it mean that person who has related experience in Nova Scotia, Canada can apply? Or a person who has experience in India also eligible for this?

Thanks

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
pandyalakulish said:
I have one question about eligibility.

"You have at least two (2) years of continuous full-time work experience within the last five (5) years, in a field of work related to your intended occupation in Nova Scotia"

Does it mean that person who has related experience in Nova Scotia, Canada can apply? Or a person who has experience in India also eligible for this?

Thanks
You are eligible even if you are in India

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
can2174 said:
I am still confused, will it be first suitable 150 applicants or best 150 applicants till a certain date. I think it should be first suitable 150 applicants. What about nomination per caps... I think some occupation might not have much demand in regional market. There are almost 5 occupations for IT professionals so i am hopinh atleast 5 nomination per each occupation that takes about 25 nomination for 2171,73,73,74 and 2283. I just wish most desevering ppl be in the cap
That's the million dollar question (in bold) and reason why people should not give up due to the cap news. It could well be the best 150 till a certain date (the date being when we see a posted date on the site that the stream is closed). In this scenario, for all that send complete applications within the time window the program is open, whether you got yours in on March 6th or March 23rd will have an equal chance of competing for spots this year. The complete application that are not judged to be best of breed will then be queued in for 2015 - this is where in this scenario, time of package deliver plays a greater role. In my view, this is the better and most likely approach or a variation of it where they have one end date for applications that's posted but process complete applications in two or more time batched within the open period (again just my own opinion). It makes sense to me that occupation wil play a role For example if we have 150 IT people with the best application - I don't see them nominating only IT peeps (just an example), they may then look at other less competitive occupations and lets say with a good enough settlement plan but not as strong and may get a nomination. Summary of the story, as long as the stream is still open, get your app in !!!

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
"Q: When will I hear whether I've made it in or not?
A: We'll send you a letter once we've had an initial look at your application to see if it is complete. We call this “pre-screening.” Because of the large number of applications we're been receiving under the Regional Labour Market Demand stream, it will take us longer than our normal three months (or less). Please don't contact us to ask about the status of your application – if you haven't heard from us, we haven't reviewed your application yet, and answering calls takes time away from processing your file. - See more at: http://novascotiaimmigration.com/immigrate/regional-labour-market-demand"

My application was received on March 7, I suppose that if I haven't received the "pre-screening" e-mail from NS , is because they haven't started the process of reviewing all the applications received until now...

Or anybody has received this pre-screening e-mail?

Gerly061007

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
China
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
AVAILABLE UPON APPLICATION
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
HI Carla

Any idea of demand in nurses there? Are you working for IWK? Or in which specialization are you working for?'

Carlaganda23 said:
Hi FilCad,

Yes,I am a nurse here. I met few Filipinos here who work as an Accountant and I have few friends working in the Payroll System somewhere in Dartmouth area.
So, I guess there's few job opportunities for you in the Province. The economy just started to keep up right this year because Halifax Nova Scotia got the job contract for building new ships in Canadian Navy. The name of the project is Ship Starts Here.
As for Nova Scotia in general, I love it here,it's not a very big city like Toronto,Montreal or Vancouver but I like it that way.
I left United Kingdom to come over in Canada but one of the few things I don't like is Winter Cold Weather.
The people here are very friendly and helpful,and there are many Filipinos here too, I am from Bohol Phils. myself. The province is surrounded by water/sea(Atlantic Ocean) and it is considered one of the best cities in Canada.

Goodluck in your application!Godbless

rndxpert

Star Member
Mar 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014
tetunte said:
"Q: When will I hear whether I've made it in or not?
A: We'll send you a letter once we've had an initial look at your application to see if it is complete. We call this “pre-screening.” Because of the large number of applications we're been receiving under the Regional Labour Market Demand stream, it will take us longer than our normal three months (or less). Please don't contact us to ask about the status of your application – if you haven't heard from us, we haven't reviewed your application yet, and answering calls takes time away from processing your file. - See more at:

My application was received on March 7, I suppose that if I haven't received the "pre-screening" e-mail from NS , is because they haven't started the process of reviewing all the applications received until now...

Or anybody has received this pre-screening e-mail?
I guess, NS IMO would take time as there may have certain checks to perform on application we submit. Moreover, we have maximum 3 months time frame to hear from NS IMO.

Lets hope for the best.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Gerly061007 said:
HI Carla

Any idea of demand in nurses there? Are you working for IWK? Or in which specialization are you working for?'

Hi Gerly,

I am not working for IWK ( specialized in Pedia and Under-18 Hospital).

I am currently working in Capital Health and I loved it, right now I am doing Geriatrics, since that's my specialty ever since I started to work in England few years ago.

The demand for nurses is good, but the steps for qualification to become a nurse here is quite tedious.
You have to do some assessement in CRNNS and they will give you a decision when to start to do your bridge program and what courses you have to take to get qualified and be eligible to take the exam.

This 2015, they will start the NCLEX exam for Canadian Nurses, so that's' and advantage for Filipino nurses because we are used into nclex type questions in the Philippines.

But it's always worth it! Good paying career and there's a job security.

Goodluck!

georgesobhi

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/09/2012
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
27/09/2013
AOR Received.
12-04-2014
IELTS Request
not required
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
9-02-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
Interview........
not
Passport Req..
14-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2015
LANDED..........
6/11/2015
i received my approval letter from MPNP and send my application to the cio in nova scotia but i did not send application IMM5602 (the payment application with the certificate cheque will it affect my application as there is any data required from me in that application except my name only all other spaces in that application only are required from credit card payment only
please reply

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
georgesobhi said:
i received my approval letter from MPNP and send my application to the cio in nova scotia but i did not send application IMM5602 (the payment application with the certificate cheque will it affect my application as there is any data required from me in that application except my name only all other spaces in that application only are required from credit card payment only
please reply
I think this question is out off topic try another thread

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
georgesobhi said:
please reply
AFAIK your application will not be processed wiyhout payment info. Please post this in appropriate thread for more insights.

Thank you