Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Count me in from Edmonton ,timeline below..

still waiting for AOR :'(

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: 2014 Alberta Citizenship application

kassymoon said:
Having completed 3 years, I applied for citizenship in early March 2014 and asked to do finger print in September 2014, but have no any other update from CIC. I got admission to read medicine in caribbean. please advise, Am I eligible to request to expedite on my case on URGENT BASIS?
u start school in september 2015? i think u will be done before that , u almost done

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
My file was transferred, you guys have any idea how long it takes to test invite as normal timeline?
Thanks,
---
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 28, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 23, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 13, 2015.

We sent you a letter on February 4, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on February 27, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on April 8, 2015. The Calgary office will contact you

Apr 14, 2015
Hi all
My immigration journey is almost complete and wanted to share with you guys. I applied August 2014 received AOR in Oct 2014. My husband got a request for fingerprints in Feb 2014 which he completed quickly. I have followed this forum closely so I was not expecting to hear from CIC for a while so I was surprised when we both received invite for the test. We are through the Calgary office so was also surprised and happy that I would not have to go to Calgary for the exam! We live south of Calgary and CIC came to our town. Yes! Who knew that CIC travels?!! So it took around 8 months from start to finish. We arrived early and the officers were just getting ready. So we sat and waited for them to call us. The lady looked at my documents and studied my passport very carefully. A bit of advice if you traveled be double sure your dates on your application match with any and all stamps on your passport as she looked at every single page and checked off each date on my application and really studied looking for any kind of error in dates. After I was told to sit on right side of room. They checked my husbands documents etc after me (I was not there) and told him where to sit (not at same table even). They gave me an answer sheet and on top of it was marked regular. When we first arrived one officer told the officer that was going to be interviewing us that we were "regular". Not sure what that meant but I know one lady was re-taking test so maybe because we were taking the first time it was a " regular" test? who knows.... We were told after exam if we failed or passed. They took you out of the room. I was the first one done but they made me wait until my husband was done. And of course he was the last one done. So I sat there waiting..... So finally they led us out and told us how we did (we passed) thank goodness! Our oath will be in two days so no waiting weeks and weeks for notification in the mail! I know there are many who are frustrated with CIC in Alberta as compared to the East coast. I think majority of August applicants from Toronto are already citizens! I remember people were getting AOR and I hadn't received anything and called the call center. I was told wait another 4 weeks and if still nothing then re-apply! My point is the call center lady said my application hadn't been received. That following week I checked on ecas and sure enough it was there and had been transferred to local office. So I went from we don't have your application to its at the local office really quickly. The test itself is easy if you do the practice tests and study. I highly recommend the practice tests. I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully CIC is working on processing times here in Alberta. I had no idea they traveled around and just assumed we would have to go to Calgary. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Congrats American-expat!!!!
My timeline is pretty much same with you.
Your timeline makes me a hopeful I'd get
an invitation soon hopefully in next 3 months.

Quick question;
What city you n ur husband had taken
the test?

Best,

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Albertans,
I got my ecas updated today saying that I have been invited to test on May 27, 2015, but have't received the mail yet.
Calgary CIC is upto something, I can tell. ;D

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
smrit said:
Hey Albertans,
I got my ecas updated today saying that I have been invited to test on May 27, 2015, but have't received the mail yet.
Calgary CIC is upto something, I can tell. ;D
wow congratzz... when did they transferred your file to local office?.. mine was transferred last march 6, havent heard anything since then.

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! It was transferred on Jan 2, 2015.
I am pretty sure you will receive your test invitation within couple of months from now.

asagalen said:
wow congratzz... when did they transferred your file to local office?.. mine was transferred last march 6, havent heard anything since then.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
I checked my ecas today and g this!!!! Grin Grin Grin

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 10, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 24, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 2, 2015.
We sent you a notice on July 27, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 12, 2015 at 8:25 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

GoCanada1985

Jun 18, 2014
ECAS finally updated to show my wifes Oath date of August 26!!!!!! I am so proud of her! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin. Her timeline is below! Good luck everyone else, your time will come soon. We haven't actually received the Oath letter yet, so I am surprised that ECAS updated first, given that ECAS didn't update for the test date until a month after the test.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 3, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 3, 2014.
We started processing your application on September 5, 2014.
We sent you correspondence on October 2, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on May 13, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 5, 2015 at 8:28 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on August 11, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 26, 2015 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Note: we had a pretty standard application and filed with the Edmonton office.