+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 Alberta applicants lets connect here

ABscientist

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
If you got your AOR by email, your app number begins with a C000XXXXX... where X is a number. The older AORs refer to your case by the client ID number which is actually the number on your PR card. If you got a physical letter from CIC, then yours is probably on the older system. Dont fret yet - so far I have not seen any difference in speeds between the two. Just a faster AOR and the local office transfer showing up on eCAS, thats all.

I actually have asked them about my file and they told me that it was with the local office. I didnt ask when the transfer happened. This was about 6 months ago.

The last I heard about edmonton office was June-Sept 2013 applicants being processed - and that was in this forum, around Nov-Dec. (search around, you will find some posts). I am curious to know if any late 2013 applicants have been called for the test/oath.

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ABscientist said:
If you got your AOR by email, your app number begins with a C000XXXXX... where X is a number. The older AORs refer to your case by the client ID number which is actually the number on your PR card. If you got a physical letter from CIC, then yours is probably on the older system. Dont fret yet - so far I have not seen any difference in speeds between the two. Just a faster AOR and the local office transfer showing up on eCAS, thats all.

I actually have asked them about my file and they told me that it was with the local office. I didnt ask when the transfer happened. This was about 6 months ago.

The last I heard about edmonton office was June-Sept 2013 applicants being processed - and that was in this forum, around Nov-Dec. (search around, you will find some posts). I am curious to know if any late 2013 applicants have been called for the test/oath.
Thank you for explaining. I am not sure late 2013 but I have a friend who applied in Feb 2014 from Edmonton and his ECAS is still In Process. Another applied in July and he also has same status, so I think September or later Applicants have to wait. However, we also know that this varies case to case. So let's see when it happens.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ABscientist said:

what you have just said is scary :eek: ,do i understand that i won't get a test invitaion soon?

ABscientist

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Johnedm from this forum applied September 2013. See: www . canadavisa . com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2013-citizenship-application-t169482.1095.html He got his test invite in Jan.

what you have just said is scary Shocked ,do i understand that i won't get a test invitaion soon?
Now, some of my friends from Oct-Dec 2012 completed their tests in september (and oaths 1-2 months after). Judging by these few data points (which I should not, but still), edmonton CIC processed 6-9 months of applications in about 3-4 months. So, there is a speedup of 2-3X. At this rate - if edmonton CIC processes the applications as they come in, and dont get delayed then to get your TEST DATE:

1. Subtract <Your application received date> - <September 2013 > = XX months
2. Divide it with 2.
3. You should expect your test date by: <Today> + XX/2 or EARLIER. In my guess, it should be closer to <today> + XX/3.

This is all a guess and estimations, I cant guarantee it will work out like that. Someone else mentioned that edmonton CIC now has a lot of new hires so they are speeding up.

Anyways, I can wait a few more months I am not going anywhere :). I try to not think too much about this.

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ABscientist said:
Johnedm from this forum applied September 2013. See: www . canadavisa . com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2013-citizenship-application-t169482.1095.html He got his test invite in Jan.

Now, some of my friends from Oct-Dec 2012 completed their tests in september (and oaths 1-2 months after). Judging by these few data points (which I should not, but still), edmonton CIC processed 6-9 months of applications in about 3-4 months. So, there is a speedup of 2-3X. At this rate - if edmonton CIC processes the applications as they come in, and dont get delayed then to get your TEST DATE:

1. Subtract <Your application received date> - <September 2013 > = XX months
2. Divide it with 2.
3. You should expect your test date by: <Today> + XX/2 or EARLIER. In my guess, it should be closer to <today> + XX/3.

This is all a guess and estimations, I cant guarantee it will work out like that. Someone else mentioned that edmonton CIC now has a lot of new hires so they are speeding up.

Anyways, I can wait a few more months I am not going anywhere :). I try to not think too much about this.

Your Formula looks interesting :) but I can't understand one thing. For example in my case I applied in September 2014, so how many months I should wait to get invitation for test. because received date minus September 2013 becomes negative :)

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you applied in or after August 2014, the LOT>File transfer to Local office info shows as 4th line on your ECAS.

Also, As soon as you have 2 stars (member) your can have your signature. You can follow the following procedure to set up signature.

Go to PROFILE on you Canadavisa.com Account, then click on "Forum Profile Information", and write the timeline info in "signature" box.

citizenshipapplicant said:
Yes Smrit actually i don't have my timeline in signature so asked. thanks for post though.

A question. i also sent application in September, did they tell you that your file has been transferred to Calgary or you called them or it's in your ecas. Thanks

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GTA people are lucky, whoever applied around AUG/SEP 2014, they are already receiving test dates. Vancouver, London, Hamilton, Ottawa & Montrel are also around same time line. We, people from Edmonton and Calgary are apparently born to wait, CIC Calgary,as far as I know, is sending test dates to those, whose files were processed starting March 2014. Good Luck Everyone! :eek:

Your Formula looks interesting :) but I can't understand one thing. For example in my case I applied in September 2014, so how many months I should wait to get invitation for test. because received date minus September 2013 becomes negative :)

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
smrit said:
GTA people are lucky, whoever applied around AUG/SEP 2014, they are already receiving test dates. Vancouver, London, Hamilton, Ottawa & Montrel are also around same time line. We, people from Edmonton and Calgary are apparently born to wait, CIC Calgary,as far as I know, is sending test dates to those, whose files were processed starting March 2014. Good Luck Everyone! :eek:
Thanks for the info ! I am also a Calgary office applicant . Did you mean to say that Calgary office is processing files which were transferred to them in March 2014 or the files which went into process in March 2014 ?

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whichever files' ECAS was updated as 'In Progress' in March 2014.
(I Can't say it for sure though, Everything here is apparently projected stuffs anyway.)

informatics said:
Thanks for the info ! I am also a Calgary office applicant . Did you mean to say that Calgary office is processing files which were transferred to them in March 2014 or the files which went into process in March 2014 ?

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GTA people are lucky, whoever applied around AUG/SEP 2014, they are already receiving test dates. Vancouver, London, Hamilton, Ottawa & Montrel are also around same time line. We, people from Edmonton and Calgary are apparently born to wait, CIC Calgary,as far as I know, is sending test dates to those, whose files were processed starting March 2014. Good Luck Everyone! Shocked
When I talked to CIC last time I told them if we all pay the same fee why the hell do we receive different services? The woman on the phone swore it shouldn't take longer than a year for Edmonton from now on. Of course I didn't believe a single word. We should consider ourselves lucky if we get test invites by fall.

ABscientist

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014

No, September 2014 - September 2013 = 12 months = XX in my formula.
XX/2 = 6 months.
So you should be writing your test in 6 months or less.

When I talked to CIC last time I told them if we all pay the same fee why the hell do we receive different services? The woman on the phone swore it shouldn't take longer than a year for Edmonton from now on.
Well - I'm with you here. I'll believe it when I see it.

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
my time line

application received - 29 Sep 2014
in process - 15 Dec 2014
transfer to local office - 18 December 2014

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila