+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2013 applicant waiting too long, 2014 fast

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
did the application from 2013 get speed up ?

why only 2014 and GTA application got speed up?

they should speed up old application and clear the back log first right?

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what I have been seeing since 2014 ! It seems CIC does apply new instructions to new applicants. And maybe the previous applicants need to wait more and more !!!!
I can't understand why a PR card renewal takes around 3-4 months (was shorter in the past) with the same documents but Citizenship takes around 2 years! It's unacceptable...
Just to be more accurate , in Ontario / GTA , Mississauga is the only office which is fast .

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
I think later (oct - Dec) 2013 and all 2014 applications are very fast. I applied Dec 2013, took test on Aug 2014 and yesterday took OATH. no RQ.

thanks

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
suresure said:
did the application from 2013 get speed up ?

why only 2014 and GTA application got speed up?

they should speed up old application and clear the back log first right?
Please don't compare applications based on what you read here. CIC has hundreds thousands of application, while there are only hundreds here, so it's not even 1%. By comparing application time line, people will be scared off to post their real timeline here, and that is not good. I'm scared now.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
cic8888 said:
I think later (oct - Dec) 2013 and all 2014 applications are very fast. I applied Dec 2013, took test on Aug 2014 and yesterday took OATH. no RQ.

thanks
Congrats ! Which local office ?

thanks

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes and No.
First of all, don't be scared but I think there is a good distribution of applicants share their timelines in here. So the prediction based on the data here can be pretty accurate. At least the trend of how CIC is processing the applications is pretty accurate.
S.
BLT said:
Please don't compare applications based on what you read here. CIC has hundreds thousands of application, while there are only hundreds here, so it's not even 1%. By comparing application time line, people will be scared off to post their real timeline here, and that is not good. I'm scared now.

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Hi Informatics - my local office is Montreal

and I agree with Sazamizi - because most of my friends who applied in 2014 became citizens in 6 months and during my oath I met few people who applied Nov and Dec 2013.
so I think even before BILL C24 - CIC started processing files for later 2013 and 2014 applicants.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
cic8888 said:
Hi Informatics - my local office is Montreal

and I agree with Sazamizi - because most of my friends who applied in 2014 became citizens in 6 months and during my oath I met few people who applied Nov and Dec 2013.
so I think even before BILL C24 - CIC started processing files for later 2013 and 2014 applicants.
Thank you so much for your feedback.Yeah I do agree with you its a common practice for CIC to do that :) I applied for PR in 2007 and got in 2011 ,however some of my friends applied much later than me and got processed in an year :)

What do you think this is true for some local offices or across the board ? I am going to apply next wreek but my local office (Calgary ) is damn slow ....really hope that it also follows this new speedy trend .

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
I think it holds for all offices. at present - Immigration officer can take decisions on your file. in my case, I called CIC the day after my test interview, he said my file is approved and queued for Oath ceremony. since you are applying next week or month, as long as you present your file (anything proves that you are inside - to avoid RQ) - your file will be pretty fast.

good luck

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
cic8888 said:
I think it holds for all offices. at present - Immigration officer can take decisions on your file. in my case, I called CIC the day after my test interview, he said my file is approved and queued for Oath ceremony. since you are applying next week or month, as long as you present your file (anything proves that you are inside - to avoid RQ) - your file will be pretty fast.

good luck
Thank you so much once again .Much appreciated !!!

All the best to you as well for all your future endeavours !

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Every application is different. This is not fast food restaurant, first come first served. I think CIC has been doing : first come first opened, but processed according to the circumstances. If CIC shouldn't process those new applications because of some complicated applications still holding there, then processing time will be 5 years because those straight-forward new applicants will have to wait for the old applications with problem to be cleared out first.

Marky Mark

Sep 10, 2014
BLT said:
Every application is different. This is not fast food restaurant, first come first served. I think CIC has been doing : first come first opened, but processed according to the circumstances. If CIC shouldn't process those new applications because of some complicated applications still holding there, then processing time will be 5 years because those straight-forward new applicants will have to wait for the old applications with problem to be cleared out first.
I strongly agree with BLT. What was said by BLT is also true for the gentle man/woman who is complaining here!! imagine your citizenship app being put on hold because the guy in the yr before you has trouble in his/her app!.. so you end up waiting for it to be finalized!
Even worse, as BLT suggested, comparing application by time line gonna make lots of applicants too hesitant to post their real time line here!!

MFCalgary

Jul 8, 2014
I just like to mention that this speedy processing of 2014 applications, is not happening all around the country. If you take a look at the citizenship application spreadsheet for 2014 applicants, you simply can't find a single application from Calgary or Edmonton that has been processed thoroughly yet! At the same time there are many cases from Toronto that even April 2014 applicants have got their test dates.
So no, it's even fair across the country at least!

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark -- I don't think some people here mean CIC has to hold all new applications till the old ones have been finalized. The statement "each application is different" is not a really strong reasoning. Over years years we have seen CIC processes similar cases in a different way. All I want to say, CIC usually updates its internal instructions but because of whatever reason , they don't apply to all applications. That's why you see 2014 applicants are being called faster to write their test. I think it could be some sort of discrimination.
Hope it makes sense.

Marky Mark said:
I strongly agree with BLT. What was said by BLT is also true for the gentle man/woman who is complaining here!! imagine your citizenship app being put on hold because the guy in the yr before you has trouble in his/her app!.. so you end up waiting for it to be finalized!
Even worse, as BLT suggested, comparing application by time line gonna make lots of applicants too hesitant to post their real time line here!!