+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2013-2014 Montreal applicants

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello 2013-2014 Montreal citizenship applicants!

Can you give your timeline here ?

In another thread, in our efforts to better understand how CIC functions to help future applicants understand when to worry and when not to worry, we came to the conclusion that the speed of processing and especially of having your application entered into Ecas is location related. I would like to go further to see if this assertion is true for Montreal. ( or maybe Quebec at large ? )

Personally, my application was a single application, it reached Sydney on the 15th of October, the person from CIC who signed Canada Post's slip was Doug Stephens. Till this day, my application doesn't show on ECas and Call center says that they still didn't open it.

Can you please provide the same info for your application ?

- Type of application
- Date recieved by Sydney
- AOR ( if available) , ECAS date
- Name of the person who signed for it
- If application returned, date of return.

Thank you for your collaboration :) !

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check timelines from my signature, it has 2013 applicants from this forum.

ramsfe said:
Personally, my application was a single application, it reached Sydney on the 15th of October, the person from CIC who signed Canada Post's slip was Doug Stephens.
My delivery was signed by the same person 1.5 years ago, so Doug is likely real. :)

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From September's applications, I think that it would be reasonnable to say that Montreal applications take between 111 and 115 days from the date they reach Sydney and the date they start processing.

If this is confirmed, my application might show up on Ecas on February 3rd!

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyRider said:
Check timelines from my signature, it has 2013 applicants from this forum.

My delivery was signed by the same person 1.5 years ago, so Doug is likely real. :)
Hey there EasyRider! :)

I checked, however, what would be more relevant is to see at the very same period, how much time it took the applications from other cities to get in process.

For the applicants of up to july, CIC took 3 months to show montreal applications on Ecas. For the applicants of october, things look a little bit slower, probably the fact that they announced a new citizenship law pushed a lot of people to apply, Montreal is a huge immigration hub... and logically, for one applicant in Hamilton, it is going to be 100 applicants for montreal !

How I imagine things is that CIC SYDNEY receives applications and classifies them per City of origin or per local processing center after the initial check of whether the application is complete or has to be returned. ( that's why it takes a little bit over a month to have an application returned to its sender).

Then, once it is classified per city of origin, they treat applications per order of reciept, This would explain why it is taking them so long to open some applications.

The call center probably has the dates of the oldest application in cue to get processed!

MoShAr

Apr 2, 2014
ramsfe said:
From September's applications, I think that it would be reasonnable to say that Montreal applications take between 111 and 115 days from the date they reach Sydney and the date they start processing.

If this is confirmed, my application might show up on Ecas on February 3rd!
When did it show up?
And how things did proceed?

MoShAr

Apr 2, 2014
Application received Feb. 14 2013
Started processing May 6 2013
December 2013 note to attend exam
Exam passed January 2014
RQ requested Feb. 2014
RQ sent Mar. 2014

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aplication sent in April 2013

Processing started on July 7

RQ received on Oct 4

RQ returned Nov 20

Notification to prepare for citizenship exam received Dec 22

We sent you a notice on February 27, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2014

Exam taken 20/20....between 4 and 6 months for oath, according to immigration official...things are moving fast in Montreal

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent Sep
Process Nov
Transferred Feb
Test scheduled on April 28th

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec resident said:
Hi Mango91
At least mention the year, there is people who sent their application in 2009,
I know there is people who sent sent their application in 2009 or later but as its title says, it is for 2013-14 applicants.
I sent mine in September 2013

Yanor

Jan 27, 2014
ramsfe said:
Hey there EasyRider! :)

I checked, however, what would be more relevant is to see at the very same period, how much time it took the applications from other cities to get in process.

For the applicants of up to july, CIC took 3 months to show montreal applications on Ecas. For the applicants of october, things look a little bit slower, probably the fact that they announced a new citizenship law pushed a lot of people to apply, Montreal is a huge immigration hub... and logically, for one applicant in Hamilton, it is going to be 100 applicants for montreal !

How I imagine things is that CIC SYDNEY receives applications and classifies them per City of origin or per local processing center after the initial check of whether the application is complete or has to be returned. ( that's why it takes a little bit over a month to have an application returned to its sender).

Then, once it is classified per city of origin, they treat applications per order of reciept, This would explain why it is taking them so long to open some applications.

The call center probably has the dates of the oldest application in cue to get processed!
Hello EasyRider,

I thing you are right, maybe this could explain why applicants from some local offices like Mississauga have got very fast processing times....