Med's Request
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2016
I think I made it

Merl

Nov 9, 2016
Hi again,
So I have two sets of parents processing in Sri Lanka, mine and my in-laws under the parent sponsorship.
They asked me to pay the Right of PR fee back in Nov 2016 - just for my parents-after we submitted the medicals and police clearances. Its been paid so I'm wondering why its taking so long to finalize my parents and brother?
I'm wondering if it's because of my in laws application coz they asked for a police clearance from Sri Lanka but we said we cant provide it coz they currently don't have legal status in the country - they haven't lived there since 2005 - so we quoted the following:
If you do not have legal status, you are not required to provide a Sri Lankan police certificate. If you are asked for a Sri Lankan police certificate, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Sri Lanka because certificates are only available to people who have legal status.”

Then, they sent us an email recently questioning how they lived there without legal status in the past?!? They seem to have confused present legal status with the past. What we said was they do not CURRENTLY have legal status so cannot obtain a police certificate as that was our understanding as per the CIC website re. police cert from Sri Lanka. So now they have asked for ALL exit entry stamps to Sri Lanka along with an explanation of how they lived there without legal status.

Question 1)Did we misunderstand the verbiage on CIC? Coz it's written in the present tense not past when it says' If you do not have legal status, you are not required to provide a Sri Lankan police certificate. If you are asked for a Sri Lankan police certificate, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Sri Lanka because certificates are only available to people who have legal status.”

We have previously sent them police certificates from ALL the countries my in-laws have lived in and had previously sent them requested passport pages of exit entry stamps of all countries including sri lanka so they can clearly see these are law abiding citizens. It seems every few months they keep asking for more information and its been delaying the whole process.

Question 2) why are they holding up my parents application after paying the RPRF? Is it because of my in-laws application?
We are wondering if they ever plan to issue the PR, its been nothing short of frustrating. Any advice on what we can do to speed things up?

markpenn

Jan 26, 2016
Another-Immigrant said:
I am getting lots of congrats! from you guys here and in my personal box, email and phone

I would like to say, big, huge thanks to all of you. You guys ROCKS!. It was real help. Without your help it was not possible.

My consultant, MP office and Immigration office no body helped. I got real help and support from you guys.

Again, i really really appreciate and thankful all of you.

Also wish all the best for those are waiting..
please keep us posted about Passport progress.
thanks.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
pawgursh said:
I think I made it
It is good, But your profile still did not say, what is your visa office. I think every visa office is different time.

So you may have to search old posts here, or from excel sheet some one made, have to check for time for that visa office.
Also you can request GCMS notes to find out what is happening to file. Again you have to work (read old posts) to educate yourself. It would be helpful for you and others as well.

Thanks

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
Hello everyone my parents got visa.They collect their passports. I hope everyone hear good news.Good luck everyone.

markpenn

Jan 26, 2016
ravi@yahoo said:
Hello everyone my parents got visa.They collect their passports. I hope everyone hear good news.Good luck everyone.
When did you get your passport to reach Ottawa?
When did your case get approved on mycic? When did you get your passport back?
Thanks.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Merl said:
Hi again,
So I have two sets of parents processing in Sri Lanka, mine and my in-laws under the parent sponsorship.
They asked me to pay the Right of PR fee back in Nov 2016 - just for my parents-after we submitted the medicals and police clearances. Its been paid so I'm wondering why its taking so long to finalize my parents and brother?
I'm wondering if it's because of my in laws application coz they asked for a police clearance from Sri Lanka but we said we cant provide it coz they currently don't have legal status in the country - they haven't lived there since 2005 - so we quoted the following:
If you do not have legal status, you are not required to provide a Sri Lankan police certificate. If you are asked for a Sri Lankan police certificate, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Sri Lanka because certificates are only available to people who have legal status.”

Then, they sent us an email recently questioning how they lived there without legal status in the past?!? They seem to have confused present legal status with the past. What we said was they do not CURRENTLY have legal status so cannot obtain a police certificate as that was our understanding as per the CIC website re. police cert from Sri Lanka. So now they have asked for ALL exit entry stamps to Sri Lanka along with an explanation of how they lived there without legal status.

Question 1)Did we misunderstand the verbiage on CIC? Coz it's written in the present tense not past when it says' If you do not have legal status, you are not required to provide a Sri Lankan police certificate. If you are asked for a Sri Lankan police certificate, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Sri Lanka because certificates are only available to people who have legal status.”

We have previously sent them police certificates from ALL the countries my in-laws have lived in and had previously sent them requested passport pages of exit entry stamps of all countries including sri lanka so they can clearly see these are law abiding citizens. It seems every few months they keep asking for more information and its been delaying the whole process.

Question 2) why are they holding up my parents application after paying the RPRF? Is it because of my in-laws application?
We are wondering if they ever plan to issue the PR, its been nothing short of frustrating. Any advice on what we can do to speed things up?
i have no experience about any such similar case. Just sending the a guess

1. I don't think there is any sort relation between your in-laws application and Parents application. There may another reason for the delay, e.g. may be checking brother's continue education or travel history for Parents, also background check for Parents served in POlice and Miltary, you can find Posts here from people's applications in Sri Lanka and check for time line after RPRF etc. again it is different for everyone. You can order GCMS notes to check what is status of the application at present

2. I don't think you misunderstood, Even what ever is said on CIC' website and you had provided, but still CIC may need to ask stamps and other information. I think you should NOT delay and provide that information OR consult a experienced professional/lawyer
3. I don't think CIC can hold your parents applications because of your in-laws. YOU can ask for GCMS notes and find out

Thanks

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
markpenn said:
When did you get your passport to reach Ottawa?
When did your case get approved on mycic? When did you get your passport back?
Thanks.
I quote everything under my timeline , please check it. My visa office was Delhi/ India. Cic took only 3 days too stamp..I can't believe my parent's finally got visa..almost took 5 year and four months.it's really hard too wait.so many ups and downs.sorry because of my health issues I was away from forum.wish you and all members...(for me it's like a family) good luck.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
nawabheer said:
Can anyone suggest what all additional query they do if parents had served in Military if any.
I don't remember usernames, But i know there are two users, those parents' has military background. You have to search these forums up to six months back. They have posted posts about that.

Thanks

mapplelover

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-8-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-06-2012, VISA 11-06-2012, PP Arrived 20-06-2012
my file transfer in mid december 2016. today my myCIC update changed as follows
can someone tell me if i will get ppr soon. why there is no medical exam?

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
mapplelover said:
my file transfer in mid december 2016. today my myCIC update changed as follows
can someone tell me if i will get ppr soon. why there is no medical exam?

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I don't think you will receive PPR soon as per this information you have not received the medical neither the background check has started which is the next step after the passing the medical. Once you receive medical request and your parents pass medical then status will show " You have passed the Medical Exam"

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
rightback said:
I don't think you will receive PPR soon as per this information you have not received the medical neither the background check has started which is the next step after the passing the medical. Once you receive medical request and your parents pass medical then status will show " You have passed the Medical Exam"
Any idea if this means anything...

FINAL DECISION:-

We have reached a final decision on your application.
If your application is approved, we will send you instructions on what to do next.
These instructions will be sent to your account.
If your application is refused, we will send you the reason(s) for the refusal.