App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
How did you gain PR? I think you may be confused about sponsoring parents as they are not considered depenants
Untill you sponsor them. So in your PR application, you wouldn't be sponsoring them.
Normally when you apply for PR on your own, your dependants are your wife and kids and not your parents.

Having said that, cic asks about your family nonetheless...PARENTS AND SIBLINGS. As long as you filled information about your parents in your PR application, you can sponsor them.

But you said you recently obtained PR. You might want to look into eligibility to sponsor parents as I believe they require proof of income for at least 3 years..and that is Canadian income and it has to be enough for total number of people you are sponsoring...for all 3 years.
Thank you for your reply.

It was my mistake...I thought...that parents are accepted as dependents in EE. However, I stood corrected of my error soon after I posted this.

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
When is the last Medical Valid till?

It should be in the notes under Medical section. Medicals are valid for a year and if yours is expiring soon, they will most likely request a new one (as the officer notes mention). I believe meds have to be valid atleast at the time a final decision is made on the file.

It could also be that they have to be valid up untill you land as a PR.

For e.g. in my case, meds are valid till April 2018. So im wondering if the PR visa, when issued, will have a validity date that coincides with the Med expiry date. I guess ill find out when i get the passports back.
Medicals have expired in June this year. No new request from CIC for new medicals yet.

have you received the PPR?

harmanmann

Sep 22, 2014
Got Passport req on 27 nov, deposited on 1 dec.
How should i prepare for life ahead in canada?
Thank you to all members of this thread, its really helpful.

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Medicals have expired in June this year. No new request from CIC for new medicals yet.

have you received the PPR?
If medicals have already expired, they will most likely request new ones. Hopefully, that will be the last stage in your case.

Yes, i did receive PPR a week ago.

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Got Passport req on 27 nov, deposited on 1 dec.
How should i prepare for life ahead in canada?
Thank you to all members of this thread, its really helpful.
Be prepared for life in the cold... lol

On a serious note, i consider privileged to be living in a country like Canada. I always suggest folks to move here with an open mind (leave your baggage at the airport.. if you know what i mean) and look forward to a wonderful life in this amazing country. but be prepared to work hard for the first few years. It's a complete change from life in India.

All the best!

Magar singh

Nov 22, 2017
We got answer of mps letter from cic . They said in to letter your medical recieved and expire in January 2018.and the criminality verification have not yet been initiated.and the security verification have not yet been initiated.and what’s is next step and much time for decision made and passport request plz reply as soon as possible thanks .

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
We got answer of mps letter from cic . They said in to letter your medical recieved and expire in January 2018.and the criminality verification have not yet been initiated.and the security verification have not yet been initiated.and what’s is next step and much time for decision made and passport request plz reply as soon as possible thanks .
Are you saying your medicals expire January 2018?

If yes, that means they received your last medicals in January 2017. If medicals have passed, thats when they will normally initiate background checks (Security and criminality are part of back ground checks). Security checks can take upto 3-4 months. Criminality checks will most likely involve request police clearance certificates. Were those already provided with the application?

Something does not make sense here. If they received your medicals in Jan 2017, and they had passed, the background checks should have been done by now (if there are no issues).

Might be good idea to apply for gcms notes.

Magar singh

Nov 22, 2017
My parents are in Canada and depend child in India we have send our both Pcc India . Canada and u.k.india and Canada Pcc is for parents and India, u.k Pcc for depend child all Pcc send in January 2017 .we send Pcc one time before January and second time in January after that additional documents second time no Pcc requeste in send in June 2017 depend child study documents and sponsors relationships paper and dad study paper .why they ask criminality record not check that’s why we are confuse .

flurryvan

Star Member
Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila-Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
Doc's Request.
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
31-03-2016
File Transfer...
25-07-2016
Med's Request
01-08-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Yes...PPR email received
Congratulation MoomooThe long wait is finally over Our application for PR the status is still decision made

Dokimen

Oct 17, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dakar
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
02-2016
AOR Received.
08-2016
File Transfer...
08-2016
If a dependent was above 22 years and not in continuous studies when the application was made can this render the other applicants inadmissible or only the dependent will be removed?

prabhniwaj

Aug 21, 2017
Hi
Just one question, when we suppose to get our passports back, do we get the call from courier service or email too that embassy has mailed the passports??

Magar singh

Nov 22, 2017
If a dependent was above 22 years and not in continuous studies when the application was made can this render the other applicants inadmissible or only the dependent will be removed?
Depend is over 22 and his study is still regularly can u explain me what is gcms note and what is his benefit.and how can I apply it

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
I believe the dependant would then be considered ineligible and not granted a visa. The other applicants should continue processing as long as their requirements are met.