+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

prabhniwaj

Aug 21, 2017
How did you gain PR? I think you may be confused about sponsoring parents as they are not considered depenants
Untill you sponsor them. So in your PR application, you wouldn't be sponsoring them.
Normally when you apply for PR on your own, your dependants are your wife and kids and not your parents.

Having said that, cic asks about your family nonetheless...PARENTS AND SIBLINGS. As long as you filled information about your parents in your PR application, you can sponsor them.

But you said you recently obtained PR. You might want to look into eligibility to sponsor parents as I believe they require proof of income for at least 3 years..and that is Canadian income and it has to be enough for total number of people you are sponsoring...for all 3 years.
Yes you need to maintain your enough income for 3 years. Otherwise you can only apply for supervise or visitors visa

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
I received GCMS notes today. Hoping some one can provide some insight into what this means:-

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2017/09/11
Updated Date: 2017/09/11
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: New Delhi
Text: *File Pending - due date amended*

NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2017/07/10
Updated Date: 2017/07/10
Text: ***Officer Notes*** File Pending updated meds will also be required

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Vik74

When did you apply for GCMS notes?

Based on officer notes, they will be asking for re-medicals this year, which currently NDVO applicants are receiving requests for this month. I am assuming you will too, within couple days.

Also what is the due date showing on your GCMS notes? I know it does mean anything in most cases because they keep forwarding that date, but in your case, officer seems to be aware of due date being amended. Making it likely that they may process it before that due date.

ramy22200

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
I received GCMS notes today. Hoping some one can provide some insight into what this means:-

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2017/09/11
Updated Date: 2017/09/11
Text: *File Pending - due date amended*

NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2017/07/10
Updated Date: 2017/07/10
Text: ***Officer Notes*** File Pending updated meds will also be required
Can you tell me how long did it take for you to get the notes?

Magar singh

Nov 22, 2017
We apply application to Mp yesterday .when he reply for this application.and Mp what said about our applications and about status .

Magar singh

Nov 22, 2017
We ve applied application to Mp yesterday .when he will reply for this application.and Mp what will “said”about our applications and about status .[/QUOTE]

deep938

Aug 29, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2017
Med's Done....
13 july 2017
Hello everyone
Ecase shows 'Decision Made' now.

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
Vik74

When did you apply for GCMS notes?

Based on officer notes, they will be asking for re-medicals this year, which currently NDVO applicants are receiving requests for this month. I am assuming you will too, within couple days.

Also what is the due date showing on your GCMS notes? I know it does mean anything in most cases because they keep forwarding that date, but in your case, officer seems to be aware of due date being amended. Making it likely that they may process it before that due date.
Hi Abhi,

I had applied for GCMS notes in Sep.

I looked through all the 67 pages of the notes but could not see the DUE DATE. Would you know where can i see that?

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Hi Abhi,

I looked through all the 67 pages of the notes but could not see the DUE DATE. Would you know where can i see that?
IT's usually on the first page under application status or something. But that date hardly means anything or tells you anything. I think its juts a reminder for someone to look at the file by that date.

In any case, if your medicals are expiring and notes suggest they may request new ones, they most likely will. I just adds a bit of extra time (and cost) to the overall process but hopefully thats the only pending thing.

good Luck

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hi Abhi,

Hello Vik,

As moomoo and I said earlier, due date doesn't mean much, however, in your case they specifically wrote about "due date being amended" in your gcms notes. So I'm thinking it may (or may not) mean something at the very least. Usually, as moomoo said, its a date by which someone should be looking at your life but doesn't happen always as it's automatically gets pushed back by the system.

However, you can find it under "assignment details" section on your gcms notes, found in the front (within first 4-5 pages) of your notes.

Hope it helps :)

Reactions: Vik74

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
Hello Vik,

As moomoo and I said earlier, due date doesn't mean much, however, in your case they specifically wrote about "due date being amended" in your gcms notes. So I'm thinking it may (or may not) mean something at the very least. Usually, as moomoo said, its a date by which someone should be looking at your life but doesn't happen always as it's automatically gets pushed back by the system.

However, you can find it under "assignment details" section on your gcms notes, found in the front (within first 4-5 pages) of your notes.

Hope it helps :)
Thanks Abhi, I was able to locate the due date on the GCMS notes. It is scheduled for 1st Dec.

keeping my fingers crossed, hoping they have a Decision Made. They have had my parents background check in progress since Sep 2016.

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Thanks Abhi, I was able to locate the due date on the GCMS notes. It is scheduled for 1st Dec.

keeping my fingers crossed, hoping they have a Decision Made. They have had my parents background check in progress since Sep 2016.
When is the last Medical Valid till?

It should be in the notes under Medical section. Medicals are valid for a year and if yours is expiring soon, they will most likely request a new one (as the officer notes mention). I believe meds have to be valid atleast at the time a final decision is made on the file.

It could also be that they have to be valid up untill you land as a PR.

For e.g. in my case, meds are valid till April 2018. So im wondering if the PR visa, when issued, will have a validity date that coincides with the Med expiry date. I guess ill find out when i get the passports back.