Med's Done....
01-07-2013 / Remedical....: 8th july 2014 / received. ..: 23rd July 2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2013 (sent-10 oct 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IN-PROCESS since 4th-July-2014 DM-8 Nov 2014 RECEIVED PP-10 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
17 dec 2014 :-D
Well every case is different but based on average you can expect to get case finalized in 6 to 12 months for normal cases with no exceptions.

Most of cases for 2011 have already been finalize and very few have left. 9 months ago this forum was very active with lot of people waiting with frustration but all of them have got approval in last six months.

In my case once the processing started at LOV I got medical request and additional documents request within 1-2 months but background check took almost 10 months to finish.
Hey thanks
Hopefully it will soon resolved..already it's been 6 years...we already gave our representatives information but received email about send another email address...so the representative send our email address...don't know why they will ask for it...

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
I'm a June 2011 applicant

I just received my GCMS notes.

They state:
Eligibility Passed
Medical Passed
Criminality - in progress

Security- Blank

I ordered the notes under privacy act and seems they have removed everything related to the security check and cited section 26 of privacy act but from the timelines of updates, i can figure out they started security check in January 2017 (same time the eligibility was set to Passed). So its been 5 months.

Due date under application assignment is 2017/06/02 but i guess that doesnt really mean anything as there have been no updates

How long are the RCMP checks valid for? 6 months?

I sent them a set back in december 2016 that were valid till March 2017. In march they requested them again.

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
Don't understand how folks under the new rules have there applications completed within 1-2 years where as in our cases back ground checks can take that long.
I am forced to believe that CIC is deliberately holding the old applications back.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Hi,

Hope you get PPR soon. A few questions if I may

1. I am guessing you meant eligibility of the parents, right? not just sponsor (i.e. you).

2. How did you figure out that the eligibility was set to passed around Jan 2017? Is it explicitly mentioned in GCMS notes?

3. How much time did it take you to get your notes?

Thanks!!!

I'm a June 2011 applicant

I just received my GCMS notes.

They state:
Eligibility Passed
Medical Passed
Criminality - in progress

Security- Blank

I ordered the notes under privacy act and seems they have removed everything related to the security check and cited section 26 of privacy act but from the timelines of updates, i can figure out they started security check in January 2017 (same time the eligibility was set to Passed). So its been 5 months.

Due date under application assignment is 2017/06/02 but i guess that doesnt really mean anything as there have been no updates

How long are the RCMP checks valid for? 6 months?

I sent them a set back in december 2016 that were valid till March 2017. In march they requested them again.

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Don't understand how folks under the new rules have there applications completed within 1-2 years where as in our cases back ground checks can take that long.
I am forced to believe that CIC is deliberately holding the old applications back.
I think part of the delay is that forms, rules etc change over time.

For e.g. Ive had to refill the same forms (schedule A, IMM0008 etc) multiple times because they were updated since i originally filled them out
Wouldn't expect the 2016/ 2017 applicants to have to do that but it adds more time to the overall process.

I havent looked at the new application kit but i heard they had simplified the process compared to before so it may be easier to process the files now. but in any case, they should have given priority to those in the backlog.

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Hi,

Hope you get PPR soon. A few questions if I may

1. I am guessing you meant eligibility of the parents, right? not just sponsor (i.e. you).

2. How did you figure out that the eligibility was set to passed around Jan 2017? Is it explicitly mentioned in GCMS notes?

3. How much time did it take you to get your notes?

Thanks!!!
in the notes, it says

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Further down it goes into more details for eligibility assessment and has dates.

I'm also hopeful the next step is to get PPR but when, i dont know.

It takes about 3-4 weeks for the notes from the time of application. They had mine generated early June but took another week before i received them. Im guessing they take that time to go through the report and remove stuff as per the privacy act.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Thank you for your response!!

I was once told by a CIC call center agent that background check has two parts. 1. Criminality check which means "police clearance certificate", and 2. security check -> which is intelligence reports etc. related.

I am surprised that your criminality check is still "in progress". Apparently that just needs a PCC. I might be wrong or have incomplete understanding though.

in the notes, it says

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Further down it goes into more details for eligibility assessment and has dates.

I'm also hopeful the next step is to get PPR but when, i dont know.

It takes about 3-4 weeks for the notes from the time of application. They had mine generated early June but took another week before i received them. Im guessing they take that time to go through the report and remove stuff as per the privacy act.

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Thank you for your response!!

I was once told by a CIC call center agent that background check has two parts. 1. Criminality check which means "police clearance certificate", and 2. security check -> which is intelligence reports etc. related.

I am surprised that your criminality check is still "in progress". Apparently that just needs a PCC. I might be wrong or have incomplete understanding though.
Yeah, i dont know.

they've had all the PCC's since April but perhaps nobody has looked at them yet?

Security is most likely CSIS checks and what not but i have a hunch that might be complete too just going by the stuff they omitted from the notes (mostly has to do with security).

anyways, i'm just guessing at this point.

I'm at the point where im indifferent to the waiting time. It's been 6 years now and nothing surprises me with CIC anymore; not the delay, not the inconsistencies, not the random order of processing. Ive dealt with CIC for so long, it all just seems like the norm.

Compare to processes in other developed countries like the US/ Australia and its very black and white with others; with strict processing timelines. No hanging in the limbo for years to find out if you even qualify.

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
I think part of the delay is that forms, rules etc change over time.

For e.g. Ive had to refill the same forms (schedule A, IMM0008 etc) multiple times because they were updated since i originally filled them out
Wouldn't expect the 2016/ 2017 applicants to have to do that but it adds more time to the overall process.

I havent looked at the new application kit but i heard they had simplified the process compared to before so it may be easier to process the files now. but in any case, they should have given priority to those in the backlog.
Same here. Sent the same documents multiple times last year July/ Aug.
Makes sense that paper work might have got simplified under the new rules but one would guess that the criteria for background checks should remain the same whether you fall under the old rules or new.

harmanmann

Sep 22, 2014
My application lock in date is nov 2011,
Medical has been done in may 2015, dna in aug 2015 and now they requested for second medical on may 2017, that has been done and cleared in may 2017.
Now question is how much more time will they take ?
Any chances in this years lot ?
When the lot for the gets closed

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
My application lock in date is nov 2011,
Medical has been done in may 2015, dna in aug 2015 and now they requested for second medical on may 2017, that has been done and cleared in may 2017.
Now question is how much more time will they take ?
Any chances in this years lot ?
When the lot for the gets closed
No idea. nothing happened between May 2015 and May 2017?