+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

hammad123455

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
its our sixth year we had our medical at 16th Aug 2015 our case is being processed by LONDON VISA OFFICE and a week ago they send us a letter asking about our fresh passport copies stating to send as soon as possible in thirty days nothing else so that they work further before our medical gets expired. Seems a very positive to me though i want to know whether its step of ppr? as i have seen on this forum people saying that in Pakistan they are two types of ppr 1 and 2 ?

MNZ

Jan 31, 2015
prince nijjar said:
This dna change my whole life .... Bcoz last year if embassy did not ask for dna i will be now in canada .. My frnds get visa last july ... Bcoz of my dna i have to wait .... .. In oct we got visa .. Before arrving my father pass away ... Now again waiting here they dont do any sympathy in any case ... Just waste people tym play with there lives.. They have no right to do this in simple realtionship ... I providecall supprtung documebts .. But they still ask dna .. Dont worry everything gets fine ... Its just matter of tym ..
Thanks for the info. I will fallow what they ask for.

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
soonihope said:
Congrats. My Ecas was also updated on a Sunday to decision made.

I'm sure you will get your passport request soon. All the best to you and your family.
Thanks soonihope

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Another-Immigrant said:
Hello All again

I have applied for my Parents sponsorship in June 2010 to Ottawa office. Submitted 2nd stage docs in march 2015. On line application status shows "started process on August 2015" . CIC also sent me a Cheque of $60. Nothing is mentioned with it. Does any one has any idea what it is?

One of my parent was passed away in 2014. Now the sponsorship is only for my mother

-Does anybody has an idea why it is taking so long?
-What i can do? Should i send a reminder to ask CIC to expedite the process?
-Or i should keep on waiting? is that normal time?

Any body can help please? is that normal processing time.? What are my options ? e.g to sent reminder etc.
Any idea what is happening here?

hhafiz

Jan 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If individual qualify only to sponsor for 1 parent not both because of minimum income requirement then can Individual apply for one parent sponsorship only?

Also just to make sure for family size count: you have to count yourself and your spouse and then your parents (if you don't have any child) = 4?

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
Another-Immigrant said:
Any idea what is happening here?
You have to order CAIPS to find out what exactly is happening.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
networkjas said:
You have to order CAIPS to find out what exactly is happening.
Hello,

Thanks for reply. So I can "assume" it is NOT a normal processing time. It should not take that long. What is CAIPS is ? I think it is request under Privacy act. I will do.

If anybody in same time frame, please post here, so at least i can know it is not only me. Also please say, if anybody has more information about this situation

Thanks

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
Another-Immigrant said:
Hello,

Thanks for reply. So I can "assume" it is NOT a normal processing time. It should not take that long. What is CAIPS is ? I think it is request under Privacy act. I will do.

If anybody in same time frame, please post here, so at least i can know it is not only me. Also please say, if anybody has more information about this situation

Thanks
Ya that`s correct. doesn`t look like normal processing time to me too. Re Caips : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Moudgill

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hi just received message from my MP office as my file was sent to overseas office by Ottawa office after the file transfer after sponsorship approval in March 2016 and now Ottawa office sent file after approval to ND visa office to complete it. Have no idea what does it means but my MP office informed it's a good sign.
File applied in Nov 2010 and after all up down sponsorship approve and file transfer to Ottawa in Mar 2016 and now sent to ND office. I am waiting medical request might be very soon. Finger crossed

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
Moudgill said:
Hi just received message from my MP office as my file was sent to overseas office by Ottawa office after the file transfer after sponsorship approval in March 2016 and now Ottawa office sent file after approval to ND visa office to complete it. Have no idea what does it means but my MP office informed it's a good sign.
File applied in Nov 2010 and after all up down sponsorship approve and file transfer to Ottawa in Mar 2016 and now sent to ND office. I am waiting medical request might be very soon. Finger crossed
Yes it will be along with document request. Prepare all document beforehand to avoid delay.

gursikhphysio

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
4-01-2013
File Transfer...
01-09-2015
Med's Request
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
May 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 7th 2016
LANDED..........
June 21st 2016
" READY FOR VISA"

The email I was waiting for

Finally got my PPR today :) :D

SoonIhope - How was your flag poling? I am in Calgary. Where should I go?

Thanks

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
gursikhphysio said:
" READY FOR VISA"

Thanks

I love posts like this :D :D wow 6 long years, congrats!!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
gursikhphysio said:
" READY FOR VISA"

Thanks
Congrats . It took a while but so glad for you to finally get this email.

We are not in Alberta but you just need to drive down to the nearest US-Canada border crossing. If your parents have US visas then just enter US for a same day visit and return back to Canada. If they do not have US visas then you will need to inform the US border officer that you are here to land as PR residents, they will give you a white administrative refusal slip and turn you back towards Canada. Hand the refusal slip to the Canadian officer and inform them you are landing as PR residents and they will ask you to park your vehicle and go inside to sign the COPR documents and stamp the passport.

Doesn't take much more than a few minutes. The waiting time just depends how busy they are on that day.

Good luck

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
gursikhphysio said:
" READY FOR VISA

Thanks
Carway which is about 260km from Calgary is your nearest border crossing.