31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
Hello all,

Our status in ecase changed on 17th Oct under "Permanent Status" to "We started processing your file on 13th Oct 2015". (It was "In process" one week ago). But I haven`t heard anything from either CPC-Mississauga or New Delhi. No sponsorship approval or medical email.

Does anybody know when to expect medical email ?

Seddiq

Jul 24, 2015
Hello everyone. Yesterday i got an email stating this:
Dear Applicant,
In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.
Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.

I want to know senior members that we just have to pay 490$ or 980$?? (Parents and two dependents) and is this a good news?! What should we expect next?! Thatnks.

Oct 3, 2015
Hi I am planning to sponsor my parents in 2016, We do meet all the requirement but just had one question in mind. As my wife's PR filed under spouse sponsorship category is still under process and she is not a permanent resident at this point so she cant be my cosigner but can I add her as a co signer at a later stage when she become permanent resident. The reason being as per CIC website we have to maintain this income requirement for 4- 5 years depending upon processing time just thought this might help if something goes wrong.

Has anyone done this after submitting the application?

Thanks

lakha

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
networkjas said:
Hello all,

Our status in ecase changed on 17th Oct under "Permanent Status" to "We started processing your file on 13th Oct 2015". (It was "In process" one week ago). But I haven`t heard anything from either CPC-Mississauga or New Delhi. No sponsorship approval or medical email.

Does anybody know when to expect medical email ?
hi networkjas
you will get email for medical this month or the next month. how about your sponsorhip status, is it change to decision made or not, If it is decision made, them probably they sent you email or sponsorhip approval letter. usually they mention on ecas that, when did they send you a letter or email regarding decision. But it is a good news that , they forward your file to visa office for further processing.

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
lakha said:
hi networkjas
you will get email for medical this month or the next month. how about your sponsorhip status, is it change to decision made or not, If it is decision made, them probably they sent you email or sponsorhip approval letter. usually they mention on ecas that, when did they send you a letter or email regarding decision. But it is a good news that , they forward your file to visa office for further processing.
There is no decision made on sponsorship but when I called CIC they told me that file has already been transferred. From other peoples status, I see that normally when you get file transfer you get medical right away but in my case no correspondence came from anywhere. Its weird.

jassyjeff

May 24, 2015
Seddiq said:
Dear Applicant,
In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.
Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.

I want to know senior members that we just have to pay 490$ or 980$?? (Parents and two dependents) and is this a good news?! What should we expect next?! Thatnks.
This is directly from cic website. (The prinicipal applicant and spousehas to pay the fees $980) the dependents dont have to pay.

"Application $CAN
Getting your permanent resident status 490
Principal applicants (with some exceptions) and spouses and common-law partners coming with them to Canada must pay this fee. Applicants must pay this fee before CIC issues the permanent resident visa or before the applicant becomes a permanent resident in Canada.

These people do not have to pay this fee:

dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild; and
protected persons, including Convention refugees."

Aug 18, 2015
Seddiq said:
Dear Applicant,

I have get the same letter for my parents same date 20-Oct 2015 requesting the RPRF, so i paid this morning 980$ CAD online www .cic.gc.ca/ english/ inFORMation/ fees/ index.asp for both the parents and send back to london visa offfic email address LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca , I hope this should be the last step before PPR as they have already received the Medical details for my parents. So good luck to you :D

winnie_vancouver

Aug 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
HongKong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
July 31, 2014 (Doc. sent: Sept 30, 2014; CIC rec'd: Oct 2, 2014)
AOR Received.
Dec 17, 2014 (AOR dated: Dec 11, 2014)
File Transfer...
Oct 6, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 6, 2015
kona said:
Hi Winnie,

No I haven't heard anything from them yet. And we decided to wait.

I think HK office might be faster than Ottawa now since a lot of cases transferred there.

THanks and good luck to you!
Hi Kona,

I am just wondering if you ecas status for the sponsorship changed to "decision made" or not.

Thanks.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
Hello All,

Just an update, my In laws got approved and their PP returned with stamp w/c expires on Sept 2016. By next year our home will be fully packed. Exciting yet anxious, hopefully everyone gets along with each other.

All the best to you all! Hope success to all your applications as well!

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
first_generation said:
Hello All,

Just an update, my In laws got approved and their PP returned with stamp w/c expires on Sept 2016. By next year our home will be fully packed. Exciting yet anxious, hopefully everyone gets along with each other.

All the best to you all! Hope success to all your applications as well!
Hi first_gen,

Congrats to you and your husband and to his parents! The more the merrier

Btw, when did your in-laws submit the pp and when did they receive the pp back?

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
jeleni said:
Hi first_gen,

Congrats to you and your husband and to his parents! The more the merrier

Btw, when did your in-laws submit the pp and when did they receive the pp back?
Thanks Jeleni. They receive the 2nd PPR on sept 23, I think they submitted pp oct 1, then yesterday they received it back. It was fairly quick after the 2nd PPR. The initial PPR came with the MR but since they had long extended medical, they were not able to send the PP. But all is well now, finally...

koolguyz128

Jan 29, 2015
Hi

Are there any members in the forum who had applied for parents in sep 2010 and havent got the sponsorship approval till yet? and the application status shows as the in process and the permanent application says application received..

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2014 Doc's request for reassessment: March 2016
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 6, 2016 PCC & Doc's request: August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Request
August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
February 19, 2018, Passports Submitted: February 22, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
February 28, 2018, Received: March 5, 2018
koolguyz128 said:
Hi

Are there any members in the forum who had applied for parents in sep 2010 and havent got the sponsorship approval till yet? and the application status shows as the in process and the permanent application says application received..
Yes.
We applied in August 2010. No sponsorship approval yet. Same status like you: "In process" and "Application received".

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014