March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
nitinbali60 said:
Hi first_generation,

Do you think people who got sponsorship approval earlier in January but didn't have upfront medical request can/should also go for upfront medicals ? I was thinking in worst case it will just expire after a year but getting it done now may make rest of the process faster. Please advice what you think on this?

Thanks
Hi nitinbali60,

I honestly don't see any harm doing upfront medical, as you mentioned it could just expire. So for whatever reason, if the cost doesn't concern you might as well go for it.

However, if the persons to undergo MR have no issues, then the med procedure should only take a day and the panel doctor will be able to submit the result to cic within maybe a week (speaking from dad's dependent's experience). So I see not much of a difference doing upfront now or waiting for the official MR.

Now on another note, I decided to have my dad do an upfront med because he's 81 already and have few problems like High blood pressure and some heart thing. I am concerned that he may have to go extra medical procedures and therefore most likely 30 days is not enough. I don't want to ask for extension for the medical. And so considering this, I thought I'd go for it, which bought us time since indeed he went through additional tests and almost 2 months before the medical was completed. And the good thing is, once I informed the LVO about the upfront he took, they advised me that we can disregard the MR they sent my dad. Then I don't remember how long but soon enough they updated my ecas to MEDICALS RECEIVED.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
sundusk said:
Does medical request come in mail of the applicants or the one who is sponcering us?
Hi sundusk,

From my husband's and my experience:
1) the MR was sent to my father whom I'm sponsoring.
2) the upfront medical instruction of my parent-in-law was sent to my husband within the SA letter.

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
@Firstgeneration hoping to receieve medical soon :/ And what does it mean when ecas status says "In process"?

Rickydeep

May 31, 2015
Hi Everybody, I am new to this ( Parents are in India with one dependent). I was looking the time lines on this forum . Here is my timeline:

I sponsored my parents in June 2010.
Additional document request ; 30 July 2014
Submitted : 16 September 2014
AOR: 5 December 2014
I did not hear any thing after this.

I am very worried, Please share something. What should I do now.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Rickydeep said:
Hi Everybody, I am new to this ( Parents are in India with one dependent). I was looking the time lines on this forum . Here is my timeline:

I sponsored my parents in June 2010.
Additional document request ; 30 July 2014
Submitted : 16 September 2014
AOR: 5 December 2014
I did not hear any thing after this.

I am very worried, Please share something. What should I do now.
Hi Ricky welcome to the forum. Looking at your timeline you could order your GCMS notes using the ATIP link mentioned a couple of pages ago.

The link is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
@Rickeydeep hey our timeline is almost same we received our Sponsership approval in 1 year so you aldo wait . Because thats all wr can do and its been 6 months after SA and waiting for medical now :/

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
dattap said:
Had some bad news.. the panel physican said there is some spot on the x ray for my mom and needs to do a spatal test... a little tense.. anybody had that issue?

Its weird cuz she did a supervisa medical about 8 months ago and there was no issue..

technical the one for supervisa is still valid but cic requested another medical
Hi Dattap & Jeleni ji I earlier too requested u both that in your both the cases penal physician asked ur applicant for spatal test . is it correct that u both got fon from your doctor for additional test. As I told u that my father got medical on 20 may 2015 in London but till fate no fon for spatal test was recvd. Since my father in Aug 2014 given 3 days spattal test result of which was declared in Aug 3014 & father hot super visa. I am worried that he should not face same test. In ecade shoeing in process & no where ref of med don e on 20 may 2015 is given in ECAD Pl both guide me u both Sr member of forum thnx

dattap

Jul 31, 2014
Notley said:
Hi Dattap & Jeleni ji I earlier too requested u both that in your both the cases penal physician asked ur applicant for spatal test . is it correct that u both got fon from your doctor for additional test. As I told u that my father got medical on 20 may 2015 in London but till fate no fon for spatal test was recvd. Since my father in Aug 2014 given 3 days spattal test result of which was declared in Aug 3014 & father hot super visa. I am worried that he should not face same test. In ecade shoeing in process & no where ref of med don e on 20 may 2015 is given in ECAD Pl both guide me u both Sr member of forum thnx
I am sure if it was neccessary they would have called. In my case the other way happened, in Aug 2014 supervisa they didnt ask for any additional test but this time they did.

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
dattap said:
I am sure if it was neccessary they would have called. In my case the other way happened, in Aug 2014 supervisa they didnt ask for any additional test but this time they did.
Thnx Dattap ji for prompt advise. Further will you or Jeleni ji or Soonihope can advise me as to why ecas is showing in process though they have not mentioned ref of medical asked for. Further you are also correct that since my father already gone 3 days spattal test conducted in May 2015 result was given to cic in August,2014 after that super visa was issued and my father landed in canada. Will you throw light approx time when they will show medical received or further test required as it already 11 days passed since medical done on 20th may 2015. Shall be solicited for guidance by senior forum members.

bangbangkhan

May 28, 2015
first_generation said:
i believe that's correct. One thing I want to be clear, when you say "send to processing centre" that should be the LVO where your parents file was transferred and not the case processing centre. And include that letter received from cpc-m with the upfront med forms.

I will have my parents in law do them next week. Godspeed our applications!
yes it was transferred to London, UK....there is no mailing address for the UK office so I am going to upload the data sheet through their inquire page....how much time do you think it takes from file transfer to passport request? 6 months?

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
sundusk said:
@ Firstgeneration hoping to receieve medical soon :/ And what does it mean when ecas status says "In process"?
Hi sundusk. I only noticed my ecas status changed to "in process" after the LVO received the MEDICALS though I'm not sure how many days after exactly. I can only speculate what "in process" means and I sure do hope it means exactly what is says...in process and not just in que... In my case, it seems moving along since the LVO requests add'l docs from my dad after the MR...and soon enough hopefully they will request for pp or other docs needed to finalize everything up to issuance of visa...

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
bangbangkhan said:
yes it was transferred to London, UK....there is no mailing address for the UK office so I am going to upload the data sheet through their inquire page....how much time do you think it takes from file transfer to passport request? 6 months?
Honestly I am not sure... I can't imagine longer that 6 months :(
Sooner.... I hope...

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
@Firstgeneration wish you all the best and keep praying that. We get our medical soon :-X

dattap

Jul 31, 2014
Notley said:
Thnx Dattap ji for prompt advise. Further will you or Jeleni ji or Soonihope can advise me as to why ecas is showing in process though they have not mentioned ref of medical asked for. Further you are also correct that since my father already gone 3 days spattal test conducted in May 2015 result was given to cic in August,2014 after that super visa was issued and my father landed in canada. Will you throw light approx time when they will show medical received or further test required as it already 11 days passed since medical done on 20th may 2015. Shall be solicited for guidance by senior forum members.

Mine also shows in process.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Good morning everyone.
So I send the additional documents on may 20th to the New Delhi office. Today I got an email from there to send my brother original birth certificate and copy of my passport. We already send them the original birth certificate to the office when we send the documents on May 20th. Any suggestions what should I do now ?

Thanks,