+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

Lalu78

Feb 2, 2011
soonihope said:
One way to deal with this situation is to "flagpole" basically most people in Canada live within reasonable distance of USA border. I have known of people who drive into USA and return same day via road back to Canada. So you leave and enter Canada thereby meeting the requirements of entering Canada as PR. No need to fly back to India.
Hi soonihope,

i also have the same question. in order to enter US, i need to take visa for my mother. she currently does not have US visa. it may take 1 month to get US visa. I am not sure if there is any other way of crossing without entering in US. Maybe something at border itself

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Lalu78 said:
Hi soonihope,

i also have the same question. in order to enter US, i need to take visa for my mother. she currently does not have US visa. it may take 1 month to get US visa. I am not sure if there is any other way of crossing without entering in US. Maybe something at border itself
To cross border even for a short day trip you need visa. Even if visa takes 1 month your mother's PR visa is valid up to 16 Dec 2015 which is one year after your medical date.

If you apply for US tourist visa from here and drive down to border turn back and re-enter Canada PR visa will be activated.

I think also but I'm not completely sure but CIC offices within Canada can also activate your PR visa possibly without leaving Canada. These are the offices where people go for citizenship tests.
I am not too sure if this method can still be used and if there are special conditions to do it this way.

It might be worth ringing the CIC helpdesk and asking them if you can activate your mum's visa without crossing land border with USA because she does not have US visa. Nothing to lose by giving them a call.

ape143

Feb 14, 2012
aujla said:
hello all
i applied for my parents in dec 2010and received add doc request in july 2014 aor in dec 2014 but don't get any sponsorship approval till now is that because of 2 dependents in application ,please advice i m really stressed ,anyone in same situation
same situation here. no news after aor letter in dec 2014.

zeeshah

Nov 8, 2014
Same here AOR December and No news after.
Every time you call them they have no information about the timeline. Online status does not change and still show application received 2010. if you call to check the status you get the same response , some say 9 months , some 6 months. if online status does not change how are we supposed to check the status.
Has anyone from Pakistan or other countries (other than India or Phil) got sponsorship approval. it is strange.

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lalu78 said:
Hi soonihope,

Dear Lalu78 Ji
Will you pl share when medical of SUPERVISA of your mother was done My father who is here on SUPERVISA too got his Medical on 9thAugust 2014 in India
Since your mother had already passed medical exam Will u please name of Dr from where You hsv got medical done. We are based in Brampton. Luckily my father had USA visa up to Jan 2017 I hope in our case it will be to some extent easy for landing purpose Thirdly PCC of my father HSS expired on 22nd Feb 2015, in your opinion we have to get new PCC from RCMP or Indian Embassy Kindly guide

JayEss

Jan 28, 2015
soonihope said:
Hi there, two points.

1. when did you get your letter for additional document. If the letter was dated 30 July you had 90 days to submit documents from then. If you sent on 1st Dec 2014 that was over 90 day period.
Please clarify when you were asked to submit additional documents.
I think the other members have all submitted documents by end of October2014. But 1 member who was sent the letter late maybe sent documents at beginning of Nov.
There are a number of people still waiting for AOR from October yet, so don't worry however do check your letter date because we were given only 90 days.

2. Regarding your Option C printouts, if you as the sponsor met the LICO level on just your own without need for co-signers income then you have no reason to send your wife's Option C printout.
If your income level was less then LICO level for those 2 years needed then you would need her printouts as well to prove that you meet the LICO income level.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.
Thanks a lot soonihope!

1. The letter dated 30th July 2014 had an incomplete document checklist. I contacted CIC and asked them to resend a proper document checklist. I received an updated document checklist with their new letter dated 1st Oct 2014 with a 90 day validity. I submitted the documents on 27th Nov 2014, well within the 90 day period.

2. Back in 2010, the LICO for a family of 5 was $46,727 which I did not meet individually and had to include my wife as co-signer. Since 2010 onwards, every year I've exceeded the LICO. Now that CIC is reviewing our updated documents, I believe they will look at our current income levels...right? If that's the case I would assume they don't need my wife's Option-C print-out. Please let me know if my understanding is correct. Also, I submitted my Option-C printouts from 2010 to 2013 as I immigrated to Canada only in 2009 and that was my first Tax year. Did I do it right?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
JayEss said:
Thanks a lot soonihope!

1. The letter dated 30th July 2014 had an incomplete document checklist. I contacted CIC and asked them to resend a proper document checklist. I received an updated document checklist with their new letter dated 1st Oct 2014 with a 90 day validity. I submitted the documents on 27th Nov 2014, well within the 90 day period.

2. Back in 2010, the LICO for a family of 5 was $46,727 which I did not meet individually and had to include my wife as co-signer. Since 2010 onwards, every year I've exceeded the LICO. Now that CIC is reviewing our updated documents, I believe they will look at our current income levels...right? If that's the case I would assume they don't need my wife's Option-C print-out. Please let me know if my understanding is correct. Also, I submitted my Option-C printouts from 2010 to 2013 as I immigrated to Canada only in 2009 and that was my first Tax year. Did I do it right?
you applied in 2010 and as per letter they sent you it was necessary for you to submit option c printout for 2009 and 2010.

I would have also sent your wife's printouts. why don't you forward those now. you are fine sending all those other printouts but the letter required you to send 2009 and 2010 in your case because you applied in 2010. not sending 2009 could confuse and slow things down.

snmnov2010

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2010
Doc's Request.
09-15-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-08-2015
Med's Request
06-17-2015/ may-2017
Med's Done....
06-23-2015/may-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
waitng
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
JayEss said:
Thanks a lot soonihope!

i have same case
my husband was co- signer and on my 30 day letter it did started tht if u have co signer then send their option c print out from
year u applied and year prior to application so it will 2009 and 2010

Lalu78

Feb 2, 2011
soonihope said:
To cross border even for a short day trip you need visa. Even if visa takes 1 month your mother's PR visa is valid up to 16 Dec 2015 which is one year after your medical date.

If you apply for US tourist visa from here and drive down to border turn back and re-enter Canada PR visa will be activated.

I think also but I'm not completely sure but CIC offices within Canada can also activate your PR visa possibly without leaving Canada. These are the offices where people go for citizenship tests.
I am not too sure if this method can still be used and if there are special conditions to do it this way.

It might be worth ringing the CIC helpdesk and asking them if you can activate your mum's visa without crossing land border with USA because she does not have US visa. Nothing to lose by giving them a call.
Thanks soonihope,
Yes, it will worth a try to call CIC. I will call them once I have the visa and let you guys know

Lalu78

Feb 2, 2011
michelv said:
Dear Lalu78 Ji
Will you pl share when medical of SUPERVISA of your mother was done My father who is here on SUPERVISA too got his Medical on 9thAugust 2014 in India
Since your mother had already passed medical exam Will u please name of Dr from where You hsv got medical done. We are based in Brampton. Luckily my father had USA visa up to Jan 2017 I hope in our case it will be to some extent easy for landing purpose Thirdly PCC of my father HSS expired on 22nd Feb 2015, in your opinion we have to get new PCC from RCMP or Indian Embassy Kindly guide
Hi michelv,
Supervisa medical was never done for my mother. Immigration medical was done by Dr. J C Kuhlmann in Etobicoke. You need to get PCC from indian embassy. will take about 4 wks to get PCC.

JayEss

Jan 28, 2015
soonihope said:
you applied in 2010 and as per letter they sent you it was necessary for you to submit option c printout for 2009 and 2010.

I would have also sent your wife's printouts. why don't you forward those now. you are fine sending all those other printouts but the letter required you to send 2009 and 2010 in your case because you applied in 2010. not sending 2009 could confuse and slow things down.

Got it!
Yes, I had submitted my 2009 and 2010 Option C prints, now I should submit my wife's Option C print-outs too without any delay. Hope they will accept my wife's documents now...

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
JayEss said:
soonihope said:

Got it!
Yes, I had submitted my 2009 and 2010 Option C prints, now I should submit my wife's Option C print-outs too without any delay. Hope they will accept my wife's documents now...
I think you don't want CIC to wrongly assume your income is below the LICO level because you have not provided your wife's option C printout. I would forward these printouts with a cover letter explaining that she is a co-signer and that her option C printout was not included in the documents sent earlier.

Good luck.

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
soonihope said:

It should be possible to activate at the CIC office in your city. We came to canada as temporary foreign workers and after 6 months my long applied PR application got approved. We didn't have to leave Canada to activate the PR but just booked an appointment at the CIC office in Edmonton by calling the call centre. PR was activated at the CIC office. So same should apply for your mother's PR. But call CIC and confirm as soonihope said.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
so far summary of results following July 2014 letter are as follows:

1 passport request
5 medical requests
28 sponsorship approvals awaiting medical requests
42 still awaiting sponsorship approval and file transfer

(all based on entries in the spreadsheet)

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:
so far summary of results following July 2014 letter are as follows:

1 passport request
5 medical requests
28 sponsorship approvals awaiting medical requests
42 still awaiting sponsorship approval and file transfer

(all based on entries in the spreadsheet)
Dear Soonihope
JOB WELL DONE YOUR EFFORTS TO UNITE EACH EVERY THREAD OF PARENTS APPLICANTS IS MARVELOUS
ESPECIALLY I AM VERY MUCH IMPRESSED THAT YOU ARE TAKING LOTS OF PAIN & SPARING MOMENTS FOR THIS CAUSE OUT OF YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE .
BYEE