+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

Cool_5

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have recieved sponsership approval on 8 Dec. I think my file is tranfered to Ottawa as they have provided Ottawa's office address in the letter.. I dont have any dependents and have applied the additional docs in Aug'14

raki123

Aug 1, 2014
Hi Eric,

I have received the AOR on Dec 9th. The letter was dated Dec 4th, 2014.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh

Kosova

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 29/2010
Doc's Request.
July 30/2014
AOR Received.
Dec 08/2014
File Transfer...
May 14/ 2015
Hi, just wanted to let you guys know that I received an AOR today from Missisaauga, I sent the additional documents on Sep/30/2014

rp1921

Dec 4, 2014
Cool_5 said:
Hi All,

I have recieved sponsership approval on 8 Dec. I think my file is tranfered to Ottawa as they have provided Ottawa's office address in the letter.. I dont have any dependents and have applied the additional docs in Aug'14
What day of aug you sent documents

dattap

Jul 31, 2014
Cool_5 said:
Hi All,

Do you mean you received the AOR, or approval of sponsorship application.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Cool_5 said:
What is AOR?

I submitted additional documents around 20 Aug..
It is acknowledgement of receipt for document sent after letter dated 30 July 2014.

Are you sure you haven't just received AOR or does your letter state you have been approved as the sponsor and that your file is now transferred to Ottawa. Everyone else just received letter stating application is complete and is now in line to be processed.

mrs-vkp

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
I received the AOR but it doesn't say that file is transferred to Ottawa, all it says is file is in queue to be processed, documentation is received and complete. I sent my docs in first week of September?

soonihope said:
It is acknowledgement of receipt for document sent after letter dated 30 July 2014.

Are you sure you haven't just received AOR or does your letter state you have been approved as the sponsor and that your file is now transferred to Ottawa. Everyone else just received letter stating application is complete and is now in line to be processed.

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrs-vkp said:
I received the AOR but it doesn't say that file is transferred to Ottawa, all it says is file is in queue to be processed, documentation is received and complete. I sent my docs in first week of September?

You will get the transfer letter 2-3 months latter.

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
mrs-vkp said:
The file will not be transferred until the sponsorship application is processed. As mentioned in the previous post, the file transfer and sponsorship approval should happen in 2-3 months.

prassib

Dec 13, 2014
Hi everyone - new member here.

My sister who is a Canadian citizen sponsored my Father's application - that was initiated in 2009.
Earlier this year, around first week of February, 2014, we did the medical exam for my Father in Mumbai, India, and submitted the final leg of the application.
We are still awaiting the PR approval.
I have few questions -
  • Do the Medical exam results expire exactly 1 year from the date the medical exam was done?
  • Does the applicant (senior citizen in this case) have to repeat the entire medical exam if the PR approval happens just after 1 year from the first medical exam? Are there any exceptions?
  • Does the applicant have to actually land in Canada before the expiration of the Medical exam?
Please advise... Thank you.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
prassib said:
Hi everyone - new member here.

My sister who is a Canadian citizen sponsored my Father's application - that was initiated in 2009.
Earlier this year, around first week of February, 2014, we did the medical exam for my Father in Mumbai, India, and submitted the final leg of the application.
We are still awaiting the PR approval.
I have few questions -
  • Do the Medical exam results expire exactly 1 year from the date the medical exam was done?
  • Does the applicant (senior citizen in this case) have to repeat the entire medical exam if the PR approval happens just after 1 year from the first medical exam? Are there any exceptions?
  • Does the applicant have to actually land in Canada before the expiration of the Medical exam?
Please advise... Thank you.
Medicals are usually valid for 1 year from date of completion, but can be extended by CIC if necessary. Most cases they can ask to do re-medicals.

The applicant has to land before Visa expiry date, which is usually the date of expiry of medicals also.
If applicant does not land and the IMM visa expires, file is closed, as CIC assumes the applicant is no longer interested in Canada.

Most parents land right away after getting Visa, as they can't wait to be re-united with their kids. It's not wise to let them wait until close to visa expiry dates