2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
first_generation said:
Hi zauber99,

I'll try to answer your questions per my experience and limited knowledge. But check the CIC site as well to be sure.

I see that they are asking for UFM upfront medical from your relatives, meaning you have to check the panel physician list in the area where your relatives reside. For upfront medical, I believe you don't need forms sent to you but the panel physicians will provide that. There are two types of panel physicians 1) paper based panel clinics and 2) e-medical enabled clinics. The forms mentioned in the email they sent you are each coming from the panel clinics respectively meaning the form IMM1017B UPFRONT is from paper based panel clinics, while the emedical Information sheet is from e-medical enabled clinics.

I suggest you or your relative call the nearest panel physician in their area and schedule for upfront medical. Bring a copy of the letter in case they require it. Ask them what you need to bring in the clinic for the said upfront medical because each clinic varies with their requirements. Whether the panel physician you chose is paper based or e-medical based doesn't have much of the difference except I think most emedical based clinics do not require you to bring pictures since they use they computer camera. But just double check with them all the things you need to bring in the medical.

Once done, they will give you the forms you need to send to your visa office the address of which should be in the email approval letter.

You only have 30 days to do this so better schedule the medical ASAP.

Hope this helps and clears things a bit.

Godspeed.
It is true that e medical is fully updated with CIC website. In our case also the panel Doctor asked for the passport number and on the basis of passport they were able to locate the file and emedical reference number. at the most you can contact CIC to give you emedical references, as all medical forms are being filled directly by the panel doctor, however you have to carry photo, copy of CIC letter and original passport. I would request you to kindly contact the CIC. Rgds

zauber99

Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-06-2015
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2015
first_generation said:
Hi zauber99,

I'll try to answer your questions per my experience and limited knowledge. But check the CIC site as well to be sure.

I see that they are asking for UFM upfront medical from your relatives, meaning you have to check the panel physician list in the area where your relatives reside. For upfront medical, I believe you don't need forms sent to you but the panel physicians will provide that. There are two types of panel physicians 1) paper based panel clinics and 2) e-medical enabled clinics. The forms mentioned in the email they sent you are each coming from the panel clinics respectively meaning the form IMM1017B UPFRONT is from paper based panel clinics, while the emedical Information sheet is from e-medical enabled clinics.

I suggest you or your relative call the nearest panel physician in their area and schedule for upfront medical. Bring a copy of the letter in case they require it. Ask them what you need to bring in the clinic for the said upfront medical because each clinic varies with their requirements. Whether the panel physician you chose is paper based or e-medical based doesn't have much of the difference except I think most emedical based clinics do not require you to bring pictures since they use they computer camera. But just double check with them all the things you need to bring in the medical.

Once done, they will give you the forms you need to send to your visa office the address of which should be in the email approval letter.

Godspeed.
Thanks for detailed response.

Rana93

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
App. Filed.......
May 2022
hii all,
i am new here we applied by my sister on feb 2011,
today she call the call center about da decision of sponsership agent told that they send the letter on 1 april 2015 but she have not received yet so they are resending again...anyboday can help is letter also include medical or just aa approval letter.

Rana93

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
App. Filed.......
May 2022
hii all,
today she call the call center about da decision of sponsership agent told that they send the letter on 1 april 2015 but she have not received yet so they are resending again...anyboday can help is letter also include medical or just aa approval letter.

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
Rana93 said:
hii all,
what is ur aor date on letter

zauber99

Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-06-2015
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2015
michelv said:
It is true that e medical is fully updated with CIC website. In our case also the panel Doctor asked for the passport number and on the basis of passport they were able to locate the file and emedical reference number. at the most you can contact CIC to give you emedical references, as all medical forms are being filled directly by the panel doctor, however you have to carry photo, copy of CIC letter and original passport. I would request you to kindly contact the CIC. Rgds
Michelv,
I contacted call center today explaining my situation. They told me that visa office will send the forms to my parents' address or email. I asked will the forms be sent to representative (as I am rep on file)? Agent was not quite clear, continued saying "it will go to address or email of dependents". So I have to wait for this form before going to the doctor. I may call them back in a week and check again.

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rana93 said:
hii all,
Hi Rana93,
Sponsor approval is usually issued within 6 months from date additional documents are received by CIC. Usually medical request is issued depending of case however now a days sponsor approval conveyed have not been asked fir medical/PCC. To fully understand please click the soreadsheet link which you will find at the bottom of Jelani ji post on these pages.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
zauber99 said:
Michelv,
I contacted call center today explaining my situation. They told me that visa office will send the forms to my parents' address or email. I asked will the forms be sent to representative (as I am rep on file)? Agent was not quite clear, continued saying "it will go to address or email of dependents". So I have to wait for this form before going to the doctor. I may call them back in a week and check again.
Hi zauber99,

If I remember your posting correctly, in your approval letter, your relatives are being asked to provide upfront medical report form, either IMM1017B UPFRONT signed by panel physician or an E-Medical Upfront Medical notification information sheet. Both these forms will come from the panel physician as I noted on my previous post. I attached a link you may want to check out...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob471.asp

I cut and paste an excerpt of the said link, please review below:

•IMM 1017B: Upfront Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary (not available on our website as panel physicians will have these forms in their office. With the implementation of the new IMM 1017B, Appendix C will no longer be required)

I believe you will be able to schedule appointment for immigration medical as long as you check with the particular panel physician what is needed to bring other than passport. Bring a copy of the medical instruction as per your approval letter. And once done, they will give you either IMM1017B UPFRONT signed by the physician or the E-medical information sheet, that is depending whether the panel physician chosen was paper-based or e-medical based.

I just fear for you might be losing some of your 30 days limit waiting...

I hope anyone who received similar upfront medical instructions with the approval letter come forth and share your experience.

PS: does your letter mentioned 30 day limit for the medical exam? I was thinking MR makes mention of that. I'm just speculating may be if not mentioned, there might be a specific MR coming soon??? Just a thought...

raki123

Aug 1, 2014
Hello Friends,

The PR status for my mom shows as Decision Made with a note that the office will contact concerning this decision. Is this a positive news? Should we expect the passport request soon? We haven't received any communication yet so far. I appreciate if any one of you can answer plz.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Application date: Dec 2010
Additional docs request: July 30, 2014
Additional Docs submitted: Sep 23rd, 2014
AOR Letter: Dec 4, 2014
Approval of sponsor email: Mar 5th, 2015
email for Medicals: Mar 16th, 2015
medicals submitted: Mar 22nd, 2015
further tests submitted upon request: April 10th

happy81

Star Member
Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14,2014
AOR Received.
dec 17, 2014
File Transfer...
AOR received Jan 14, 2015.
Med's Request
Upfront Aug 2014
Med's Done....
waiting for Re med request
Interview........
June 08, 2016
first_generation said:
Hi zauber99,

Godspeed.

hi thanks for providing detailed info..i have sponsored for my dad and mom as dependent...my question is does she need separate letter

happy81

Star Member
Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14,2014
AOR Received.
dec 17, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront Aug 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
June 08, 2016
i received similar upfront medical instructions with the approval letter but there is no time limit mentioned...

i will share some contents of letter..

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf of ( Dad name) and family (if applicable).

Requirement for Medical Examination

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

Rest is other info regarding visa fee...

now my question is does my mom need separate letter to book appointment....

happy81

Star Member
Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14,2014
AOR Received.
dec 17, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront Aug 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
June 08, 2016
time line is...

applied jan 12,2011
additional doc requested - 31 july 2014
docs sent - 7 oct 2014
aor received - 15 dec 2014
approval and transfer email received april 28, 2015 ( FYI online status says they sent letter on april 21, 2015)

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
happy81 said:
now my question is does my mom need separate letter to book appointment....
No she is your father's dependent. only principal applicant will receive correspondence.

Could you share where your file has been transferred to.
Take care.