+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

apa108

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am thinking about sponsoring my and have a question.
I am married and have 2 children and that brings total of 5 dependents in undertaking. and MNI for 5 is about 65000. My income in 2014 was 71000 and in 2013 61000 and 2012 around 40000. In addition I was supposedly single in all 3 tax years as per CRA rules as my wife was in Pakistan at that time. Now Do I qualify to sponsor my mother ?
Thanks for your input.

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
gaganmaan4u said:
Hi all,

After medicals in April 2015, NDVO asked for fingerprint scanning in July 2015, Finally PPR in Nov 2015.

Anyone who is asked for fingerprint scanning by NDVO should expect 3-4 months delay.

Today sent the passports to Ottawa and will let everyone know when i receive them back.
Thanks Gagan

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
peoples who got passport request I wanna ask is there any change or line added after medical result revived in ur ecase sattus??????

prince nijjar

May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 sept 2010
Doc's Request.
30 july 2014
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
New delhi -25 feb 2015
Med's Request
25 april 2015
Med's Done....
7 may 2015
Passport Req..
28 sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2015
very very urgebt plz advice
Hello its very urgent can any one have suffered from same case like this ...or give advice what to di next !!
I got family visa on 1 nov ..we are ready to go on 16 nov but its veey sad tgat my father passed away on 10 nov ...one week before going .my dad is principal applicant ...now my question what to do next ...
.i dont have delhi embassy number ??
What will embassy do ??
Can i go with my mom ??
How long tym they will took ??? Already vissa issued everything done i dont know what to do

prince nijjar

May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 sept 2010
Doc's Request.
30 july 2014
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
New delhi -25 feb 2015
Med's Request
25 april 2015
Med's Done....
7 may 2015
Passport Req..
28 sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2015
Hello its very urgent can any one have suffered from same case like this ...or give advice what to di next !!
I got family visa on 1 nov ..we are ready to go on 16 nov but its veey sad tgat my father passed away on 10 nov ...one week before going .my dad is principal applicant ...now my question what to do next ...
What will embassy do ??
Can i go with my mom ??
How long tym they will took ??? Already vissa issued everything done i dont know what to do

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
prince nijjar said:
What will embassy do ??
Can i go with my mom ??
Very sad to hear about the unfortunate loss of your father.

No one may be on this page who has faced similar unfortunate event.

My suggestion is not to complicate your situation by contacting the embassy. I suggest that you obtain a death certificate for your dad from your country's officials. Then, embark on your trip with your mom. When you get to Canada, present your documents to Canada Border Agents and explain your situation. I am pretty sure everything will be fine.

Good luck

prince nijjar

May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 sept 2010
Doc's Request.
30 july 2014
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
New delhi -25 feb 2015
Med's Request
25 april 2015
Med's Done....
7 may 2015
Passport Req..
28 sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2015
Xbero said:
Very sad to hear about the unfortunate loss of your father.

No one may be on this page who has faced similar unfortunate event.

My suggestion is not to complicate your situation by contacting the embassy. I suggest that you obtain a death certificate for your dad from your country's officials. Then, embark on your trip with your mom. When you get to Canada, present your documents to Canada Border Agents and explain your situation. I am pretty sure everything will be fine.

Good luck
But the main thing is this ...on cpr letter they write ..uh cant do like tgis u eill be banned for 2yrs without
informing us ....so i dont know what to do ...delhi embassy dont have any phone number ...to contact ..

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
prince nijjar said:
But the main thing is this ...on cpr letter they write ..uh cant do like tgis u eill be banned for 2yrs without
informing us ....so i dont know what to do ...delhi embassy dont have any phone number ...to contact ..
Very sad to hear. Nobody should have to experience this. But Xboro is right. Just do the landing as usual after obtaining death ceritficate. The Border police are very understanding and there won`t be any trouble.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
prince nijjar said:
What will embassy do ??
Can i go with my mom ??
Sorry for your loss.
I would suggest that you actually inform CIC of your situation to avoid the risk of misrepresentation. What will happen is that instead of your father your mother will be made the principal applicant. It may delay things for a few weeks but if you send a case specific email informing them what has happened and that her visa is already issued and under the circumstances you want your mother here in Canada asap to take care of her, and because what has happened they should understand.

If you just land and they say the principal applicant needs to have landed before or with the dependent you could get stuck if the CBSA person wants to follow the rule book. Yes they could understand and let your mother land but why take the chance. Your mother can be made the prinicpal applicant at anytime in the process following the death of the original principal applicant.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this awful time for you and hope you find the strength to get through this difficult time.

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
soonihope said:
Sorry for your loss.
I would suggest that you actually inform CIC of your situation to avoid the risk of misrepresentation. What will happen is that instead of your father your mother will be made the principal applicant. It may delay things for a few weeks but if you send a case specific email informing them what has happened and that her visa is already issued and under the circumstances you want your mother here in Canada asap to take care of her, and because what has happened they should understand.

If you just land and they say the principal applicant needs to have landed before or with the dependent you could get stuck if the CBSA person wants to follow the rule book. Yes they could understand and let your mother land but why take the chance. Your mother can be made the prinicpal applicant at anytime in the process following the death of the original principal applicant.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this awful time for you and hope you find the strength to get through this difficult time.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob369.asp
This link will help you. It says legally you can repalce pricicpal applicant at any time

Theanmoli

Nov 12, 2015
koolguyz128 said:
Hi

A question to all of the members in this forum. Please advise me as i had applied my parents case in 2010 and havent got my sponsorship approval till yet and my parents will be coming to canada on visitor visa in coming week. So what should we do in this case as their medicals are still not done and how do we update the CIC of this.
Hi,

My sister currently living in Canada and we got the approval email early November. She did the medical here and we paid $210. If you go to CIC website, they do have the panel physician listed for each city and the medical they do here is e medical so you can simply scan the copy and email to your visa office. Hope this helps.

Thank you

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Any PPR from Ottawa recently ???

Can't wait to see the PPR now.

mehuls

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2014 (Submitted Nov 2014)
AOR Received.
Mar 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 2015
Med's Request
Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Passport Req..
Apr 2016
prince nijjar said:
What will embassy do ??
Can i go with my mom ??
Very sad to hear.

leerobertmartin

Star Member
Oct 26, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
23-10-2015
Med's Request
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
I just spoke to CIC asking about what is next...as we are waiting for PPR from Ottawa and I was calling to confirm if they received medical info(sent in early November)...however they do not check unless it is more than 3 months.. my mother in law is here on a visiting visa. The agent told me when it is time to extend the visa you may apply for an "open work permit" When I am looking online for this permit it seems that this is for spouses only and not for family sponsorship. Can anyone confirm this ? I think I will just do the normal visitor extension.

Nov 26, 2015
IS there anyone in the group who submitted their Parent Sponsorship at around November 2010? I have no update yet from the CPC Mississauga aside from the info that my sponsorship application is still in Process.
These are my dates:

Application Submitted/received by CPC-M: November 23, 2010
Requested for my (sponsor) & parents info: July 2014
Completed all the Docs required/received by CPCM: December 2014
On the website - they are processing my application to sponsor April 2015

How long it will take them to process and review? Any idea?

My parents are now in Canada -super visa status waiting for their application to be processed in Canada. So I hope that would be alittle
bit faster than processing it in their home country

Thank you in advance

Jacquie