+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

guddakaka

Jan 25, 2014
I need some advice regarding upfront medical exam. I received a letter on Jun 17 from CIC staying that

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in London for further processing."

In the same letter they asked me to do my parent's upfront medical exam but no due date is given.

On July 10 my parent went for exam.
On July 11 my mother fractured her leg and now she is in hospital.
On July 13 clinic is asking for more tests but my mother cannot go for at least 6 weeks.

Based on your experience can you please tell me whether Visa office specifically asks for medical test if upfront is not provided within 30 days. In my case there is no deadline in letter for upfront medicals. My father is going for medicals but my mother will not be able to go at least another 6 weeks.

Shall I notify Visa office about this? On Client Application Status page it still shows "Decision made". This tells me that probably I don't have to panic but I am not sure.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
guddakaka said:
I need some advice regarding upfront medical exam. I received a letter on Jun 17 from CIC staying that

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in London for further processing."

In the same letter they asked me to do my parent's upfront medical exam but no due date is given.

On July 10 my parent went for exam.
On July 11 my mother fractured her leg and now she is in hospital.
On July 13 clinic is asking for more tests but my mother cannot go for at least 6 weeks.

Based on your experience can you please tell me whether Visa office specifically asks for medical test if upfront is not provided within 30 days. In my case there is no deadline in letter for upfront medicals. My father is going for medicals but my mother will not be able to go at least another 6 weeks.

Shall I notify Visa office about this? On Client Application Status page it still shows "Decision made". This tells me that probably I don't have to panic but I am not sure.
Hi guddakaka. Congratulations for finishing the stage 1 that is the Sponsorship Approval.

Now comes the second stage, your parents PR application.

From what I see, both your parents already started the upfront medical on July 10, is that right? Then each of them already has the emedical info sheet from the panel physician which proves that they already started with the medical exam even though not finished yet. Since there are further tests required, just coordinate with the panel physician for the schedule and explain why your mom can't do further tests due to accident & hospitalization. As long as they agree and know the circumstances of your parents delay of further test, then their medical file is still active and will not be closed.

I'm guessing your parents have not yet submitted additional documents required for their PR application since you just received your SA. Then include in their PR application the emedical info sheet explaining that the upfront medical has already been started but not yet finished due to further testing required. But if the additional doc has been submitted already, then email the LVO their emedical info sheet together with the copy of the approval letter and quote the upfront medical requirement, and advise the LVO the same thing.

guddakaka

Jan 25, 2014
Thanks a million for the response!

No we haven't submitted any additional documents. My father is going to go through additional tests for next 3 days. He already spoken with clinic and they said that it would delay the sending of report to Visa office (because of my mother's fracture).

Quick question:
Clinic provided my parent e-Medical information sheets. I have scanned copies for these sheets. This sheets have the id information and the examination required for this visa application. It also clearly states that "Your health case will be submitted to CIC for processing once all your health examinations are completed."

Do I need to do anything at this time?

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
You may wait to complete the medicals first before sending the emedical info sheet to LVO as per instruction "Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter"

However, in case later you received an MR from the LVO while your parents are still doing the upfront medicals, then email them the info sheet, including the upfront medical instruction and explain why upfront medical still has not been completed.

guddakaka said:
Thanks a million for the response!

No we haven't submitted any additional documents. My father is going to go through additional tests for next 3 days. He already spoken with clinic and they said that it would delay the sending of report to Visa office (because of my mother's fracture).

Quick question:
Clinic provided my parent e-Medical information sheets. I have scanned copies for these sheets. This sheets have the id information and the examination required for this visa application. It also clearly states that "Your health case will be submitted to CIC for processing once all your health examinations are completed."

Do I need to do anything at this time?

sumair1

Sep 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2009
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013 / 02-2014 / 08-2015
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
08-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Passport Req..
03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-2016
LANDED..........
Awaiting!
Hello,

Back here after a while ;D.

Parents' Sponsorship Application Timeline (Pakistan) for Father, Mother and dependent Sister:
Applied:Dec 2009 (Sponsorship and PR together)
Documents requested:Aug 2013
Documents sent:Nov 2013
Additional Docs requested:Feb 2014 (Complications with Accompanying vs. Non Accompanying dependents)
Acknowledgement (AOR): Nov 2014
Sponsor ApprovalJul 2015 ;D
Visa OfficeLondon, England

Now, the Sponsor Approval Letter has the following:
Requirement for Medical Examination
If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront
Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy
of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative
must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her
application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.
However, London Visa Office specific instructions (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33023.pdf) from Aug 2014 state:
Do not initiate any medical tests until you receive the medical form and instructions.
So, I would like the opinion of veterans here:
1. Which one takes precedence? Letter sent to me directly (without any medical forms) or the London Visa Office specific instructions? Should I wait for the LVO to request these, and possibly additional documentation, and submit them all together?

2. They had requested additional documentation for my second sister (who was not originally on the application) as they said that she was deemed non-accompanying dependent because she was under 22 when application was filed in 2009. She is now married and resides in the United States. Would her medical be required as well?

Thanks in advance!

mhfiroz1967

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
fam pgp
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16july2010
Doc's Request.
30august2014
AOR Received.
29 august 2014
File Transfer...
21march2015
Med's Request
24june2015
Med's Done....
14july2015
Interview........
Decision made
Passport Req..
04th Feb'2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello friend's
We got for medical request on 24.06.25
We have complited our medical exam on 08.07.15 and our ecas some changed by medical result received by cic on 14.07.15
Thanks to all.
Mhfiroz1967.

AngelsKiss

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
File Transfer...
04-Mar-2015
Med's Request
27-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
01-Apr-2015 Additional Test: 01-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
28-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Waiting
Congrats and hope the process goes smoothly for you.

Rana93 said:
my sister got sponsership approval today and case is transfered to new delhi for futher prossing... :)
ecas also shows decision made in sponsership
any guess how much time it will take in new delhi visa office to request madical??

guddakaka

Jan 25, 2014
mhfiroz1967 said:
Hello friend's
We got for medical request on 24.06.25
We have complited our medical exam on 08.07.15 and our ecas some changed by medical result received by cic on 14.07.15
Thanks to all.
Mhfiroz1967.
When you said medical request was it a request for an upfront exam with no due date or a formal request from Visa office with a a due date?

The reason I am asking that I am very confused as my parent started the process of upfront medical exam upon receiving the approval letter but now mother cannot finish for another 6 weeks due to her injury.

guddakaka

Jan 25, 2014
first_generation said:
You may wait to complete the medicals first before sending the emedical info sheet to LVO as per instruction "Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter"

However, in case later you received an MR from the LVO while your parents are still doing the upfront medicals, then email them the info sheet, including the upfront medical instruction and explain why upfront medical still has not been completed.
Sorry, I am still a bit confused. There is no formal request from London Visa office for medical as yet but do they ask for medical by sending email if there is no up-front medical sent?

Shall I contact them and provide e-medical sheets and inform them that the medical will not be finished for another 6 weeks due to injury? OR just wait for a formal request? Does the Visa office send emails like the CIC Immigration Canada Mississauga office?

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2014 Doc's request for reassessment: March 2016
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 6, 2016 PCC & Doc's request: August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Request
August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
February 19, 2018, Passports Submitted: February 22, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
February 28, 2018, Received: March 5, 2018
I received the GCMS notes exactly after 30 days.

1. Our file has been referred to a secondary review due to the increased family size.
I think the issue is the following:
I filed sponsorship in 2010 and met income requirement.
I got married December 2012 and my wife came to Canada in October 2013.
so, the income from 2009 was maybe not enough to cover my wife. but I was not married at that time.
Will it be a problem?
Since 2010 my income has been increasing.

2. There is a section about outgoing correspondence:
Request to issue: letter
Document type: province - request letter
Created date: June 11, 2015
Due date: August 10, 2015

What does this mean? I have never received a letter.

Can you please help?

Thank you.

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
psAug2010 said:
I received the GCMS notes exactly after 30 days.

1. Our file has been referred to a secondary review due to the increased family size.
I think the issue is the following:
I filed sponsorship in 2010 and met income requirement.
I got married December 2012 and my wife came to Canada in October 2013.
so, the income from 2009 was maybe not enough to cover my wife. but I was not married at that time.
Will it be a problem?
Since 2010 my income has been increasing.

2. There is a section about outgoing correspondence:
Request to issue: letter
Document type: province - request letter
Created date: June 11, 2015
Due date: August 10, 2015

What does this mean? I have never received a letter.

Can you please help?

Thank you.
I have exact same notes as you and a section about outgoing letter. Mine says "sponsership approval" letter however I never got one. I called CIC agent and they told me its reffered to secondary review due to increase family size. I mean common guys its been 5 years, its normal your family size change but now its been in limbo

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
guddakaka said:
Sorry, I am still a bit confused. There is no formal request from London Visa office for medical as yet but do they ask for medical by sending email if there is no up-front medical sent?

Shall I contact them and provide e-medical sheets and inform them that the medical will not be finished for another 6 weeks due to injury? OR just wait for a formal request? Does the Visa office send emails like the CIC Immigration Canada Mississauga office?
People either get medical request via email or upfront medical (Form IMM1017E) from CIC. If you got upfront medical it is same as of medical email that comes from visa office. Get your medical done and send the confirmation of medical to CIC via email or case specific enquiry.

bangbangkhan

May 28, 2015
PCC for dad and mum...we had no dependents on the file.

I asked London visa office and they would only take originals...gonna get them couriered today.

This should be the last step hopefully.

layla.bee said:
PCC have to be submitted for principal applicant only? or do we need to provide for each dependant as well? Also, did you scan and emailed the additional documents (e.g. additional forms etc.) or did you mailed them?

guddakaka

Jan 25, 2014
layla.bee said:
People either get medical request via email or upfront medical (Form IMM1017E) from CIC. If you got upfront medical it is same as of medical email that comes from visa office. Get your medical done and send the confirmation of medical to CIC via email or case specific enquiry.
I only received approval email and there was no form. In the approval email, they asked us to send the upfront medical to London Visa office.

Problem is upfront medical won't be complete for another 6 weeks. Does the 30 days time limit applies to upfront medical also? What should I do now?

Following is an excerpt from the email:

Requirement for Medical Examination
If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront
Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy
of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative
must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her
application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
guddakaka said:

1) Your SA includes medical instruction to do Upfront medical which upon completion you need to send to the LVO.
2) now you're worried due to delay in medical because of your mom's accident. For your peace of mind, I suggest to send the emedical info sheet to LVO now even prior to completion and advise them of the situation.
3) should you choose to wait & complete the upfront first before sending the emedical info sheet, it is still possible to receive an MR from the local LVO during this time (which happened to my in laws). Then if in case they do send you MR, just send them the emedical info sheet with explanation.
4) what's important is they have started the upfront medical as instructed, coordinate with panel doctor regarding delay of further test required, so they will not close the file. Your parents name is on the system already once they stared the medical. It is just matter of they will complete it or not...

Hope this helps...