+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2006 DAMASCUS APPLICANTS

Language Instructor

Oct 28, 2010
Hi 2006 applicants,
Were you asked for your update? if so, when? I applied in 6/2007, means how much longer should I wait for updates?

Good luckkkkkkkkkkk

Language Instructor

Oct 28, 2010
Hiiii
one more question..... since 4 years ago, certainly lots of changes have happened.... about me, my brother got his PR 6 months ago, I obtained my MA degree one year after applying and also I have more job exprience..... will that add to my final score or they consider the situation while applying (and ofcourse without any documents at that time)

Please answer the question if you know..... Thanks

Dam2006

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
hi,

they are reducing the backlog and our waiting time but in fact we noticed 3 to 4 increments to the processing times and this is the 2nd one in one year!!!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dose it mean we will get the medical in 15 month's time??????? they are just thinking of their own comfort and don't care about people's lives

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Dear Language Instructor

For your first question, please refer to page 47 within this thread, there is a post about it.

For your second question, when you send your updates they will consider the changes.

BR

Language Instructor

Oct 28, 2010
youskal said:
Dear Language Instructor

For your first question, please refer to page 47 within this thread, there is a post about it.

For your second question, when you send your updates they will consider the changes.

BR
so, my understanding is that you were asked for updates and u r waiting 4 the medicals........ Can u tell me when u were asked for your updates and do they ask all the applicants in 2006 (regardless of the month) for the updates at once?
Thx

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
what they're showing is their total disregard for how their decisions are affecting the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. just seeing the table and especially damascus, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp, 9 months for new applicants versus 81 months for old ones is sickening. I wish honestly if they refused me years ago so that I can think about another country or even not going anywhere. And my category, self employed, is even worse, they didn't finalise any self employed in 2010 in Damascus. Like are nothing to them. there are only a handful of self employed applicants, why are they treating us like if we are worthless?
If I was to apply today knowing it would take so many years I would NEVER apply. I wish they could send me back my money and kill the faintest hope I have of going there so that I could go on with my life here or try Sweden or Australia, they welcome self employed people there.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
I dont know if i'm right or not but i guess this is just an early number and we should not let the 81 months depress us because for sure now they have very little new application and even if they are going to concentrate on the fast application track it will still be faster for us oldies as the scenario was before that they alsoooo gave the fast track priority with new hundred thousands of applications each years

so i dont know if this number 81 months is reflect what will happen in the next year???

lets face it even if they dont process any blockade application now thy say it takes them 9 months for the fast track ok let them for the next 9 months dont do anything for us but afterwards the new applications with 2000 limit is almost nill and their efforts would be totally on us the oldies

what do you guys say ,i hope i'm not just writing to convince myslef !!

cooldoc80

Language Instructor

Oct 28, 2010
Language Instructor said:
so, my understanding is that you were asked for updates and u r waiting 4 the medicals........ Can u tell me when u were asked for your updates and do they ask all the applicants in 2006 (regardless of the month) for the updates at once?
Thx
Why didn't you guys answer my question?

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Dear Language instructor,

Your question is a bit hard to answer because you are asking all of us a question that has different responses, each one of us got the update letter in a different day, but mainly the UL letters were sent between july and september, so its progressive, and according to postings, they reached up until september 2006 (not all months)

So the next batch should be form october 2006 until september 2007 or even better, until february 2008 (where new system was introduced afterwards).

BR

Ali_hgh

Star Member
Feb 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Language Instructor:
I'm January 2006 applicant, and I was the first one in this thread who received UL on July. You can calculate when you will receive yours accordingly, however it would be rough guess.
and again they will consider all new docs and facts which you submit to them. but it must not contradict with what you already declared.

@ ihabkal, cooldoc80 and other friends:
I know it is frustrating to wait, wait and wait. But look at the bigger picture. If you jump 5 years ahead what would you say to yourself?
I had guts to wait and got the reward or I folded and didn't have enough patience to get what I want.
By the way I think cooldoc80 evaluation is correct. after nine months they have nothing on their desks but our old files.
So be patient everything will be alright.

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,

let me know please considering the new processing time how long the applicants whose files were transferred to warsa need to wait?

Language Instructor

Oct 28, 2010
Ali_hgh said:
@ Language Instructor:
I'm January 2006 applicant, and I was the first one in this thread who received UL on July. You can calculate when you will receive yours accordingly, however it would be rough guess.
and again they will consider all new docs and facts which you submit to them. but it must not contradict with what you already declared.

@ ihabkal, cooldoc80 and other friends:
I know it is frustrating to wait, wait and wait. But look at the bigger picture. If you jump 5 years ahead what would you say to yourself?
I had guts to wait and got the reward or I folded and didn't have enough patience to get what I want.
By the way I think cooldoc80 evaluation is correct. after nine months they have nothing on their desks but our old files.
So be patient everything will be alright.
Thanks..... I'm a bit worried.... because in my application form I declared I can speak Frence fluently, but I'm not sure if I can get a high score in TEF. Of course without French my score would be over 67. So, you mean that's gonna be a problem? one more thing, are all the applicants of 2006, or 2007 are asked for their updates at once or they ask, for example, Jan and Feb and Mar applicants and then each 3 or 2 months next...... any ideas?

Thanks indeed