+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2006 DAMASCUS APPLICANTS

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
I know its early to talk about medicals, however, its just for anticipation purposes, I've been analyzing the trends, and I came to some conclusions:

Average waiting time for medicals, 2005 Damascus Batch: 4 to 5 Months
Average waiting time for medcials, new applicants: 3 months

Ali_hgh suggests in Feb 2011.

Many ppl said that there are new steps taken to reduce the backlog and finish the "old applicants", as quoted from the minister himself, he said that he wants to be fair with the ones that have been waiting the most. (This was around june 2010 when the updated list was being issued).

So what do you think guys, will we be the same as 2005 batch, waiting for 5 months, and expecting medicals in February 2011, or will they send it within 3 months, and expecting medicals in December 2010 and before end of year?

BR

troga

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
NOC Code......
0721,4131&2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2006
Doc's Request.
9 Sep 10 /6 Oct 10
File Transfer...
April 25 ,2010
Med's Request
Aug 17,2011
Med's Done....
Sep 17,2011
Passport Req..
Nov 8,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov,17.2011
LANDED..........
25 Dec 2011
I guss that we can expect the medicals during the two month after the 90 days that was given to prepare documents being elapsed
or after two months after sending any further request for documents of the visa office whichever later

for poeple who received their UL in september ,i think that if their files are complete they will receive response during Dec and Jan
the response could be request for medicals or refusal (-decision made- which at this stage means refusal this will appear in the online status of application if medicals were not requested ) and later will receve letter by mail clarifying the reason of refusal

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
hi there i'm new to this site and i can tell ya its incredible and contain many information i didnt know

can anyone of the experts tell me when he expect to recieve the updat letter for a person who applied for skilled worker at december/2006 and after recieving the letter is it true it may takes years ?? could anyone give me an average please

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Welcome cooldoc80,

Well, according to averages, and taking into account older batches and history (nothing official, just speculations), UL for next batch would be around April-June 2011, and it takes around 1 year after the update letter to reach a decision, hoping that the extra steps CIC is taking will make the period less.

Anyway keep us updated

BR

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
thnx dear friend but what do you mean by batch???

hos

Star Member
May 5, 2010
HI everybody.I send all necessary doucuments except Fbi background check to Warsaw today.I hope to get Fbi background check in less than 3 months.

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody,

let me know please what the FBI background check is ?

I am gonna send the documents roughly 10 days before the deadline due to my police certificate procedure to get ready, so is that ok 10 days via DHL?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
yeah plz what is fbi , do you mean somthing related to usa???? does canada in any way do the screening check depening on usa security data???

if thats the situation i'm doomed as i was refused 3 times from the usa embassy for a refugee status and a visa due to unkown reasons which i assume are security wise !!!! the only hope for me now is canada hope they have a seperate system and not take there data from usa plzzzzzzzz any help

troga

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
NOC Code......
0721,4131&2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2006
Doc's Request.
9 Sep 10 /6 Oct 10
File Transfer...
April 25 ,2010
Med's Request
Aug 17,2011
Med's Done....
Sep 17,2011
Passport Req..
Nov 8,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov,17.2011
LANDED..........
25 Dec 2011
You have to provide police certificate from any country where you spend 6 months and more since you reached the age of 18
If you lived more 6 months in USA you have to provide Back groun check from FBI as per cic.gc.ca
United States of America
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

Yes. Applicants should provide a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) certificate with fingerprints. State certificates may also be requested. The Visa Office will advise you if state certificates are required in your case.

How and where do I obtain one?

You should:

•get a cover letter and fingerprint card from the FBI. You can download these from the FBI website in the Related Links section at the bottom of the page or write to the address below and have them mailed to you.
•have fingerprints taken. You can have this done by:
◦a local police department or
◦a private fingerprinting business.
(When you have your fingerprints taken, you will need photo identification.)

•include a Certified cheque or money order for the fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury
•mail the letter, fingerprints and fee payment to:
FBI, Criminal Justice Information Services Division
Attention: SCU, Mod D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306
U.S.A.

Processing times are normally between 16 and 18 weeks. The FBI will send you a letter with the results of their record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file. All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted by our office.

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am gonna send the documents roughly 10 days before the deadline due to my police certificate procedure to get ready, so is that ok 10 days via DHL?