waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
nado said:
Actually I received a call from the lawyer today telling me passport has been stamped & will send it via courier. the period between ppr and the returning back of passport is almost a month . cause I had to send it first to my lawyer as a representative and he in his turn sent it to them .so it took some time . hope u get yours sooooon .
thx nado. congrats once again

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
Hi guys,

any updates?

did anyone got any replies from warsaw?

wjd7359

Mar 8, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
3111, 3112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jul 2006
Doc's Request.
9 Sep 2010
IELTS Request
9 Sep 2010
File Transfer...
26 Apr 2010
Med's Request
4 Dec 2012
Med's Done....
11 Dec 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25 Apr 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16 May 2013
LANDED..........
13 Oct 2013
for those who did the landing process
can u plz explain the process of landing and the forms required to be filled prior to arriving Canada airport?
thanks

nado

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
wjd7359 said:
for those who did the landing process
can u plz explain the process of landing and the forms required to be filled prior to arriving Canada airport?
thanks
Though I have not done the landing yet , but so far I know that an immigrant has to prepare two copies of the lists of accompanying goods and lists of goods to follow to be given to the immigration officer for stamping . One would be returned to u and the other would be kept by them .Also to carry a proof of landing funds like balance certificate to satisfy the immigration officer. Also to have the address of an accommodation where u will be staying in case the officer asks for ur address to send u the PR card .

Sep2006

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
WARSAW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP 2006
Doc's Request.
SEP 2010
Med's Request
18-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
02-Jan-2013
Passport Req..
24-May-2013
Dear all,

I did my landing back in July at Toronto airport. You need to prove that you have the minimum fund reuired by the CIC to settle in Canada during the first year. The immigration officer asked me to see if I have the right amount in cash or bank drafts. He asked me if I still have other items to bring in like furniture.

They will give you a standard form to fill it in. There is no special form for new immigrant so it is better to fill one before you land.

The immigration office at the airport of Toronto will take you Carbon papers and local address in Canada to send the PR cards to it.

Also, at the same location, there a service Canada center where they give you Social Insurance number and SIN cards will be sent to your address in Canada in 10 working days.

Also, at Toronto airport they will give you forms required for Health card and Childs benefit.

I advise you also to open a bank account with Royal Bank of Canada or CIBC bank because they have special plan for new immigrants and they will give you a credit card even if you are not working.

Best Regards

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
finallly... we got our passports stamped .. yayy

now starting the landing preparation..

hope you guys get some good news.. ;D

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
alinec said:
finallly... we got our passports stamped .. yayy

now starting the landing preparation..

hope you guys get some good news.. ;D
. Congratulations, wishing you and your family all the best in Canada

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
GNPLC said:
. Congratulations, wishing you and your family all the best in Canada
thank you.. :)

nado

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Hi dear all colleagues ,

Hope you are doing fine . I have a question to those who did the landing .Is living in canada a nightmare ? :eek: Yesterday I ..called my relative in canada telling him I was coming , he filled me with discouragements to the extent of making me feel I made a mistake when I applied . I even could not sleep all night yesterday thinking of his words. he said u can't live with out a car here and can't find a job with out it , the weather is horrible, finding a job is almost impossible , etc ...... Is it true ? ??? I mean I know I have to face challenges but he pained a very grim picture .

Awaiting your answer
regards

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
nado said:
Hi dear all colleagues ,

Hope you are doing fine . I have a question to those who did the landing .Is living in canada a nightmare ? :eek: Yesterday I ..called my relative in canada telling him I was coming , he filled me with discouragements to the extent of making me feel I made a mistake when I applied . I even could not sleep all night yesterday thinking of his words. he said u can't live with out a car here and can't find a job with out it , the weather is horrible, finding a job is almost impossible , etc ...... Is it true ? ??? I mean I know I have to face challenges but he pained a very grim picture .

Awaiting your answer
regards
first,

what is your profession?

it is hard for immigrants but it is not as grim as your cousin said, you need to start preparing before you land, researching, (if you have regulated trade you need start doing your papers while you are still in your home country).
Also you need to understand that in order to get a job you might need to do volunteering for couple of months and maybe up to to 6 months before you find a job in your field but at the same time you may find directly right when you land. several factors are there, your location (living, etc,,), your profession, your cv, portfolio etc..

Planning before you go is crucial.. thats why me and my husband we are planning to land come back to our home country and then preparing all papers and doing research before going back again.. (well unless you stacked big stash of money).

as for the car, if you live in the suburbs your cousin is right you need a car to move..

and for the weather.. for gods sake its canada.. not ME or bahamas... yes it is cold..

nado

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Thanks alinec for yur reply , Iam a university teacher . the point is that iam living outside my countryhome as my country is unstabled and insecure . Iam worried in case i need updated papers and cannot go back to my country it is rather risky .What to do by then ?besides iam thinking of mother and sister they are here & need me . I cann't turn my back to them at the same time I had to do something about them .I want to apply for them but I do not know under which faster category ?I was discouraged by my relative saying it is not easy to apply for them .

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
nado said:
Thanks alinec for yur reply , Iam a university teacher . the point is that iam living outside my countryhome as my country is unstabled and insecure . Iam worried in case i need updated papers and cannot go back to my country it is rather risky .What to do by then ?besides iam thinking of mother and sister they are here & need me . I cann't turn my back to them at the same time I had to do something about them .I want to apply for them but I do not know under which faster category ?I was discouraged by my relative saying it is not easy to apply for them .
in order to sponsor them, you should prove you worked for couple of years in canada and have sufficient income etc..

University teacher? which field?. have you checked with university positions? start sending cvs you might be able to see at least if you can land on something..

Sonal213

Aug 26, 2013
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,
I'M APPLICANT OF 2007 AND WITH THE GRADE OF GOD,MY FILE IS RENEWED AND MY DUE DATE IS MAY 2014. CAN U SHARE ME , HOW THE BACKLOG APPLICATIONS ARE BEING TREATED??
SONAL

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
Sonal213 said:
HI,
I'M APPLICANT OF 2007 AND WITH THE GRADE OF GOD,MY FILE IS RENEWED AND MY DUE DATE IS MAY 2014. CAN U SHARE ME , HOW THE BACKLOG APPLICATIONS ARE BEING TREATED??
SONAL
. Hi Sonal213, how and when was your file renewed? Have they started treating backlogs?