+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2006 DAMASCUS APPLICANTS

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi Ali :), thanks for your post.

I also did my IELTS last month, it was my first, and I didn't include one in my application when I applied which is dangerous if they choose to calculate my points before requesting "Documents Update", since I decided to wait until they send me the "Update Documents" letter, and then I will send it along with new police sheets and some job related documents.

CHC request immediate notification regarding stuff like change of address and new borns and such, they do not mention IELTS, and I don't think they would start calculating points before requesting the updates, this is what i saw in forums at least, nevertheless, I think its for you to decide as I already did since there is no clear instruction about it.

KEEP US UPDATED ALI....THANKS

Best Regards

Youskal

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
Hi youskal,

I applied through damascus CHC office, but my application doesn't fall under 2006 applications which is the subject of this thread :) but any way I sent my supporting docs in Sep 09 and Ecase still showing Recieved by visa office, i'm a FSW applicant, what do you think reasons for this delay and do they usually update Ecase??

thanks in advance:)
BR

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi Hassan,

For "NEW RULES APPLICANTS", It's usually taking 5 to 6 months to send you the medicals after you update your documents, so if you sent your supporting docs in Sept 09, you should hear from them during March and maybe April as per trend, in any case if they didn't contact you by then I recommend that you send them a case specific inquiry.

As for E-Case, they state that they update it regularly but in many occasions it does not reflect the real status or phase of your application.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Youskal

riwa1234

Feb 7, 2010
Hi Youskal,
It's really not fair at all. Can you imagine that a friend of mine who filed in December 2009 got the initial approval of processing today which means that he will be there in a year maximum?? I think it might be better to withdraw application and reapply on the new rules.what do you think?

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi Riwa,

I don't recommend this now, since you got Update Letter, which means you are already in the 1 year span and technically it shouldnt take longer than that, so its relatively the same, however, some ppl did it, but in our case we should have done it back in feb/march 2008 when the new rules were introduced, we would be there by now. + its not easy to start a new application, you never know what kind of issues you might ran into before being initially accepted.

By the way some ppl have applied again on new rules while keeping the old one, this way they would wait for the one that comes faster, technically you can do that, but you would be paying twice for processing fees.

BR

Youskal

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
Hi youskal,

thanks for the info, actually my lawyer has already sent them a status request 2 weeks ago, hopefully will recieve some good news in a month or so!!

what's your current status??

BR

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi Hassan,

"In Progess" since 2006, same message. For NEW APPLICANTS E-CAS is much more effective since its regularly updated and include new status codes we OLD APPLICANTS don't have.

Hassan plz keep us updated.

Thanks

Youskal

Shima

Feb 20, 2010
Hi everybody,

I am also a 2006 Damascus Applicant. I received my file number in September 2006. Since then my profile is "In Process" status.

I have not taken the IELTS test yet. I am trying to get prepared for it. I need to get 13 points for my language skills to have the minimum 67 points. Does anybody have any suggestions for me how to get the desirable results (13 points) for my IELTS as quickly as possible.

My English Skills in general are not bad. I need advise from other people who already took the IELTS test in Tehran.

Thanks for your time and looking forward to hearing from you.

Shima

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi Shima,

Thanks for the post.

The issue with IELTS is that it measures your current english efficiency, so if you feel you have a weakness in one of IELTS 4 areas, start preparing immediatly by:

1- Getting books that are available for IELTS preparation
2- Registering for the exam preparation course in the designated center within your country (check "http://www.ielts.org/default.aspx" in order to identify it.)

To receive the maximum number of points for English language ability on a Federal Skilled Worker application, applicants who are required to take the IELTS, must obtain a Band score of 7.5 or higher in the Listening component and a 6.5 or higher in the other three components. (16 points)

As for your application, did you apply through a representative? and please keep us updated with your status.

Thanks and Regards

Youskal

Shima

Feb 20, 2010
Thank you youskal,

I will follow your suggestions about the English test. I submitted my application myself from Tehran. I don't have a representative. Do you suggest I hire a lawyer or representative? Please provide me with more details. Thanks for your time.

Shima

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi Shima,

A representative's job is to follow up your case and paperwork, in case you have the time and relative information to do that, there is no need.....you got here so far without one :)

Youskal

riwa1234

Feb 7, 2010
Hi Youskal,
seems that you haven't received any news. Hope that you hear soon. I have a question: If our passports expire, is it important to renew them directly and inform cic?and are there any specific steps that we need to do with the cic concerning this issue (renewing the passports)?
Thank you,

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi Riwa,

No news until now :( seems I won't hear any sonner than 3 to 4 months :(, but hopefully when Hassan09 (Jan 2006 applicant) update us with news, this would mean that mine would be soon.

Regarding the passports, you should renew them since they will ask for them pretty soon, you don't have to inform them that you are renewing the passport, but they have to be renewed when you send them (they will be asking for it along with RFPR fees). By the way, they might request MEDICALS+PASSPORTS+RFPR fees in one shot, they are doing that with some of the cases.

Youskal