Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hi Yousal,

Sorry to join this thread.Am 2005 got the withdrawal in june 09.Sent an email to case enquiry and was replied to say my application has been sent to Syndey for pre assesment and that i wld be ontacted.Any one had letter or email of such,cos have been assigned a file.Pls shed more light.

Ig

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Dear igbehinadara,

I would like to welcome you to this thread and thank you for your participation.

You said that CHC reply stated that your application has been sent to Sydney Nova Scotia, that is strange, as far as i know only applications with NEW RULES are sent there for pre-assessment in order to check occupation eligibility. In addition, you said that you have been assigned a file number, weren't you assigned a file number back in 2005?

My first guess is that you received the wrong reply, which might be a generic email or an email that was set for another person.

Please clarify.

Youskal

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Yousal,
Thanks exactly my thought.I have a feeling that the mail was generic,the file number was assigned in 2005 feb.

Ig

riwa1234

Feb 7, 2010
Hi Youskal,
this is Riwa. thank you for your response. I am from Lebanon. I read somewhere in this forum that Warsaw office rejects applications without logical reasons. Do you know anybody who was rejected so?

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi Riwa,

No, those are either rumors or exaggerations, don't worry about rumors, however, since your file is now in Warsaw instead of damascus, they cannot verify all your information easily, and this could lead to undesired result if your documents are not clear, but in case you faced a problem, you can always send a letter clarifiying the issue and they will resume your application, as long as you are honest with them, they are very helpfull. As for the timelines, its not their fault, too many ppl want to go to canada, you can't hate them for that.. ;)

Regarding the notification, in case you doubt that your documents were received, you can send them a specific enquiry email to ask them confirmation of receipt, in addition, they should update your E-CAS and state that they received the documents.

I'm lebanese also, I will send you my messenger address by email so we can discuss our cases.

BR

riwa1234

Feb 7, 2010
Hi Youskal,
It seems that 2006 applicants aren't getting any news. It also seems it's better not to read much through these forums since some cases are really frustrating for example, a 2004 applicant updated his documents since september 2009 and till now he hasn't received any news!SO what do you think about our cases? Does your profession come under one of the NOCs required? Do you a representative(lawyer?)

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
hi Riwa,

Yes in deed its frustrating, waiting since 2006 with no single message from CHC.
However, in general, 2005 Damascus are hearing from CHC, and begining 2006 are starting to hear, so I guess we would be hearing soon.

My profession is under the NOC list, however, I'm on the old system so that doesn't count at all, can you imagine that many whom applied in 2008/2009 are now in canada or having Visa stamped, and I whom applied in 2006 still didnt have my file even initially reviewed yet.

I don't have a representative.

By the way, I have a feeling that Damascus applicants does not often use that forum, since even if they are not getting any news, at least 2005/2006 applicants should be there as their turn is approaching.

by the way where do you live in lebanon?

Youskal

riwa1234

Feb 7, 2010
I live in Beirut and I have a representative(lawyer) but he is uselesssss. He couldn't help me at all. I even remind him of things that should be done. I filled in the applications and did everything required. He doesn't update me about my case at all and he doesn't say anything. It was better if I hadn't asked his services. BUT I have a question: if the old system applicants aren't affected by the new list of required professions, why did the embassy ask me then(when updating my documents) to provide a reference letter with detailed duties about each position? and Do you think a family application would need more time than a single applicant as a skilled worker?
Thanks

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
I studied well before applying, until i became somehow an immigration expert myself...well....somehow.

Although the old system applicants are not affected with the NOC list, if you are under the SKILLED WORKER IMMIGRANT, they need visibility on your experience in order to know how much points they would grant you on EXPERIENCE POINTS SECTION.

The only difference between us old systems and new systems is:

1- With the old rules, they have to process everyone and approve the ones getting 67 and above + Medicals + BG and Security Checks OK.
2- With new rules, they reject any applicant that does not have experience within the list of approved NOC's, and then process the ones that does as per point 1.

It might take longer for applicants with family members rather than single persons, but I beleive the additional time is negligeable compared to the huge waiting time taken to get to your application. Ususally what takes time are BG and Security checks.

Youskal

Ali_hgh

Star Member
Feb 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Youskal,
I am also 2006 Damascus applicant. I got my file number on second of January, so if anything happens I would be on first row, but I have to say that I didn't hear from them till now.
One more thing, for precaution, I did another IELTS exam about one month ago and i got better score.
Should I wait and send my new IELTS certificate after receiving update letter or it would be better to send it now? with my new IELTS I have 70 points but with the old one I have 68.