+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 pieces of personal ID documents for minor

sham_visa

Jun 23, 2015
Hello,

Am applying for Canadian citizenship for my daughter, who is 12 years old.

She holds permanent residence status in Canada

I( father) also hold permanent residence status and eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship

For minor, to apply for citizenship,

1) they are asking birth certificate separately.

2) They are also asking for 2 pieces of personal ID card. PR card cannot be one of them. She only has passport from the country of origin. She does not have any other government issued ID card(like health card). She never lived in Canada after initial landing.

What can be the second ID document?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Am applying for Canadian citizenship for my daughter, who is 12 years old.

She holds permanent residence status in Canada

I( father) also hold permanent residence status and eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship

For minor, to apply for citizenship,

1) they are asking birth certificate separately.

2) They are also asking for 2 pieces of personal ID card. PR card cannot be one of them. She only has passport from the country of origin. She does not have any other government issued ID card(like health card). She never lived in Canada after initial landing.

What can be the second ID document?
That’s why they ask for government issued IDs. If she were living here, then she would have had these documents. You can always write a letter of explanation and describe the situation, but I don’t know how this will work.

Good luck!

AC1974

Mar 8, 2010
If she never lived in Canada after initial landing, I assume that she meets the presence calculator.

You can use as below:

Applicants residing outside Canada may not be able to provide Canadian identity documents. Applicants canprovide foreign identity documents that are equivalent to Canadian identitydocuments, such as a passport or government-issued identificationdocuments.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/acceptable-documents-show-identity-applications.html

Translations of foreign documents that they are not in English are imperative.

Furthermore, for children living in Canada other than passport there are not IDs with photos.

Hope it helps

sham_visa

Jun 23, 2015
If she never lived in Canada after initial landing, I assume that she meets the presence calculator.

You can use as below:

Applicants residing outside Canada may not be able to provide Canadian identity documents. Applicants canprovide foreign identity documents that are equivalent to Canadian identitydocuments, such as a passport or government-issued identificationdocuments.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/acceptable-documents-show-identity-applications.html

Translations of foreign documents that they are not in English are imperative.

Furthermore, for children living in Canada other than passport there are not IDs with photos.

Hope it helps
Does BC ID card work? Provided by ICBC...
In British Columbia, Canada