+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 pieces of ID for minors

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hello ,

I am going to apply tomorrow. Kindly advise what did you submit as 2 pieces of ID for a minor . I live in AB where neither the school card nor the health card bear photo.

Should I submit his health card and another copy of his passport/PR card (although I am already sending a copy for both his PR/Passport ).

Kindly advise . Looking for advice from people who already have their applications in process.

Looking forward to an early response.

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I dont' have my application in process but as per the instruction guide... this is what it says:

Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:

a Canadian driver's licence
a Canadian health insurance card
a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.
If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

Note: Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards, bank cards and credit cards are not acceptable pieces of identification

In your case of minors, please use health card as 1st and copy of passport (biographical pages) as 2nd. Even if you have provided the copy of PP/PR card as a requirement in the application, you should make additional copy for making 2 IDs.