+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st portal email - How long after application is approved? Waiting for 50+ days

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
Congratulations @Jay2212!

It looks like I will have to battle again for eCoPR. I and my spouse submitted all the details required on our separate portals last Saturday, and we still have not gotten our eCoPRs yet. We don't have much time either as our work permits will expire at the end of this month. We have emailed the IRCC portal three times already, but they have not responded yet. I am hopeful we will get eCoPR by Monday. Otherwise, we will have to apply for work permits which is like $400+ down the drain. Fingers crossed!

Hopefulyyy

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021

It looks like I will have to battle again for eCoPR. I and my spouse submitted all the details required on our separate portals last Saturday, and we still have not gotten our eCoPRs yet. We don't have much time either as our work permits will expire at the end of this month. We have emailed the IRCC portal three times already, but they have not responded yet. I am hopeful we will get eCoPR by Monday. Otherwise, we will have to apply for work permits which is like $400+ down the drain. Fingers crossed!
Hi, I have the same problem. I submitted everything on Nov26 and didn't get copr yet... let me know if you find any way that may work

Reactions: sanju2021

tph058

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hi, I have the same problem. I submitted everything on Nov26 and didn't get copr yet... let me know if you find any way that may work
Hi @Hopefulyyy,

Have you tried to email them about that? I didn't receive my COPR a day after I submitted my declaration, so then I kept replying one time a day to their email address, the email is quoted that I haven't received my COPR and would like to declare my presence in Canada. I did it for about a week, then I receive an email from the office which handle my files that my COPR is in the queue, and receive the COPR the next day. Hope this helps.

Reactions: sanju2021

Hopefulyyy

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi @Hopefulyyy,

Have you tried to email them about that? I didn't receive my COPR a day after I submitted my declaration, so then I kept replying one time a day to their email address, the email is quoted that I haven't received my COPR and would like to declare my presence in Canada. I did it for about a week, then I receive an email from the office which handle my files that my COPR is in the queue, and receive the COPR the next day. Hope this helps.
Hi @tph058 , thank you so much!
May I ask did you always reply to the same email or you compose a new email each time? and which email did you send to, is it the portal one?

kartikj001

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Please apply for BOWP before your work permit expires or else you will be considered out of status and they will not issue you your COPR.
The best case scenario is you get your COPR before your work permit expires. The worst case would be you apply for BOWP and then your COPR comes but you will get the refund for BOWP.

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
Sorry to hear that. I have been emailing the portal, and hoping they will send the ecopr soon. I called IRCC today, and the representative said that the only thing that can be done is emailing the portal. Let's hope it works very soon. I intend to apply for work permit as soon as I can.

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
Please apply for BOWP before your work permit expires or else you will be considered out of status and they will not issue you your COPR.
The best case scenario is you get your COPR before your work permit expires. The worst case would be you apply for BOWP and then your COPR comes but you will get the refund for BOWP.
I saw that I can apply for either closed work permit or BOWP. Closed permit was $100 cheaper. Therefore, I was thinking of applying to that one since it's money down the drain. Which option do you think is better?

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
Do you get refund after applying for BOWP if you receive CoPR? Is it true for closed work permit too?

Abhishek1681995

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017

HI , who is your vo? etobicoke?

tph058

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hi @Hopefulyyy,

Here is what I sent. I sent it both to the portal client email & the local visa office which handle you file.

UCI:
Application:
Given name(s) and family name(s):
Email:

Dear Officer,

I was informed by an IRCC call center agent that my PR application was approved/all stages passed on 06/27/2021 and submitted my in-Canada declaration. Despite this, to this date, I have not received any correspondence for the confirmation of permanent residence.

Therefore, in an effort to ensure that this is not the result of a missed email or a technical error I am hereby providing you with my in-Canada declaration:

I, YOUR NAME, declare that I am currently in Canada. I have answered all questions truthfully. This includes providing all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Thank you. I am looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Hopefulyyy

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Here is what I sent. I sent it both to the portal client email & the local visa office which handle you file.

UCI:
Application:
Given name(s) and family name(s):
Email:

Dear Officer,

I was informed by an IRCC call center agent that my PR application was approved/all stages passed on 06/27/2021 and submitted my in-Canada declaration. Despite this, to this date, I have not received any correspondence for the confirmation of permanent residence.

Therefore, in an effort to ensure that this is not the result of a missed email or a technical error I am hereby providing you with my in-Canada declaration:

I, YOUR NAME, declare that I am currently in Canada. I have answered all questions truthfully. This includes providing all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Thank you. I am looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
That's very helpful! Thank you so much! Hopefully I can get my copr soon.

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
Got the eCoPRs!

AoR: April, 2021
Credentials: November 9, 2021
eCoPR: November 17, 2021

Photo still in review. Hopefully, PR cards will arrive soon. Thank you everyone here who helped me (and my spouse) achieve this goal.

Reactions: klein

Abhishek1681995

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Got the eCoPRs!

Photo still in review. Hopefully, PR cards will arrive soon. Thank you everyone here who helped me (and my spouse) achieve this goal.
Congratulations man. Can I ask you which vo sent you portal and copr email? i am also waiting since nov 9 with Etobicoke vo.

Hopefulyyy

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Got the eCoPRs!

Great news! I'm still waiting since October 15.... don't know what happened to my application