+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st portal email - How long after application is approved? Waiting for 50+ days

klein

Oct 6, 2009
I finally got a non-automatic reply to one of my webforms. Sadly, it is not any more informative.

"Good day <my name>,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

We understand that you were informed a decision was made on your application. Until an official letter is sent to you, your application remains in process.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. We're currently prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions.

Rest assured that once your application is finalized, it will be communicated to you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

So, basically this tells me nothing that I already don't know. My application is in process until I receive an official letter. YES. I KNOW. THAT IS WHAT I AM WAITING FOR. It doesn't change the fact the application is approved! Where is the email???

klein

Oct 6, 2009
So, I have a theory. I may be wrong, but... what if IRCC artificially (but deliberately) holds back a certain amount of random approved applications to reduce overall backlog on the Virtual Landing Unit to maintain acceptable processing times for the vast majority of applicants but at the expense of a random few (like all of us in this thread)?

This to me makes the most sense, of course it's pure speculation but I think it's totally possible that their system is designed to pick out a pre-determined number of applications once their Virtual Landing Unit crosses a certain threshold, and it then puts those applications in a waiting queue while the backlog is cleared. We just happen to be the unlucky ones :/

I'm just trying to make sense of things at this point lol

• Haha
Reactions: eddieeeeeelyx

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
Hello everyone,
I am in a similar situation. Last update on June 21, 2021. According to my notes, final: approved; latest office: Ottawa IRCC; CoPR number: ******** (generated); and print queue: PQ-DOC-3296-5. According to the MP's office, "the decision letter has not been sent yet/CoPR not printed." This is all bewildering to me.

• Sad
Reactions: Eric P and klein

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
@mstefan Could you let me know if IRCC had approved your photo and address in the PR portal? If yes, How long did it take?
Yeah, sure, I will. For now, there is nothing happening and honestly, I'm not even monitoring my accounts. I already applied for a new SIN with my eCOPR, and I don't really need the card until next summer.
I linked the PR card applications in my GCKey account, the address has been verified, but the photos are still in review. Not sure how accurate the status is.

Reactions: tom93

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Yeah, sure, I will. For now, there is nothing happening and honestly, I'm not even monitoring my accounts. I already applied for a new SIN with my eCOPR, and I don't really need the card until next summer.
I linked the PR card applications in my GCKey account, the address has been verified, but the photos are still in review. Not sure how accurate the status is.
Thanks very much

nehg

Aug 24, 2020
Hello,

Im in the same boat, however I applied under TR 2 PR and my application got approved around 7th Sept. But, no first portal email received yet!

This is really frustrating because this seems to be unusual compared to others getting it on same day or at least by 1-2 weeks.

Not sure why! But I was thinking to send email on PR Confirmation portal email address itself without they sending me an email. Just curious if anyone has tried this before?

Reactions: klein

klein

Oct 6, 2009
But I was thinking to send email on PR Confirmation portal email address itself without they sending me an email. Just curious if anyone has tried this before?
I've been wondering and considering the same

nehg

Aug 24, 2020
I've been wondering and considering the same
Have you tried calling them? Or webform? I guess this virtual landing is new for some officers and they might continue following their legacy steps and miss new virtual landing step resulting in a delay.

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Have you tried calling them? Or webform? I guess this virtual landing is new for some officers and they might continue following their legacy steps and miss new virtual landing step resulting in a delay.

I've called several times, I've submitted half a dozen webforms, I even submitted a "processing times" feedback complaint on the IRCC website. I've contacted my MP who is now also reaching out to IRCC. I think I've exhausted all possible avenues for reaching out to someone at IRCC, but always looking for more. Emailing the portal directly is not something I've tried yet. I would be careful with this though, as your file is supposed to be assigned to a specific office for Virtual Landing so if that step hasn't been done then emailing them would be pointless I guess and only result in more confusion.

nehg

Aug 24, 2020
@mstefan Congratulation for eCOPR!

What do you suggest? Should I send an email with all details which they usually ask others (Last time you entered Canada ...and all) on the IRCC portal email address rather than waiting for their email? I'm waiting for first portal email for more than 5-6 weeks now! I got this idea from your first post in this thread where you said you also tried emailing on this email address.