+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st portal email - How long after application is approved? Waiting for 50+ days

Chakkar2737

Sep 25, 2021
I still have the draft in my notes. I basically wrote this:

"My CEC application was approved on June 30 (almost three months ago - according to my GCMS notes). Yet, I am still desperately waiting for the first portal email. I know this is highly unusual, and I am worried that something went wrong between the approval and the launching of the virtual landing procedure. I know several candidates approved the same day, with the same AOR months, by the same VO, who received it in a matter of hours or days after the approval. I am asking you to put a note in my file, for the officer in charge of my application, to check if a step has been missed in my case."
Thank you Mstefan. Really appreciate your response. It would be helpful for many who’s file is in final stage.

Reactions: mstefan

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Hi all

Question for those who received the First portal email. Did you guys respond to the reminder email with the info again?

@mstefan Would be helpful if you could let me know what you did.

Thanks

Last edited:

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Tried calling again and finally got someone to pick up, but they refused to even open my file because it's not Afghanistan related. I tried explaining that the previous agent I spoke to 2 weeks ago was more than willing to help me and look at my file, but he wouldn't budge. The agent said it's not unusual to wait because of COVID and Afghanistan. I explained that people have been waiting before Afghanistan was even a problem, he tried blaming it on my PNP stream being paper-based and that it takes longer. I tried telling him the application is already approved and I just need the portal email. He didn't seem to get it or to care... This really feels like we're stuck in a black hole or something.

Hi all

Question for those who received the First portal email. Did you guys respond to the remainder email with the info again?

Thanks
If you got a reminder, I would just reply again with the same information.

• Angry
Reactions: mstefan

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Hi all

Question for those who received the First portal email. Did you guys respond to the remainder email with the info again?

Thanks
Never got the reminder. Just the first one. But I answered it anyway every day after that. Just in case :) Until I received the credentials.

Reactions: tom93

DDDDDDD

Jul 19, 2021
I still have the draft in my notes. I basically wrote this:

"My CEC application was approved on June 30 (almost three months ago - according to my GCMS notes). Yet, I am still desperately waiting for the first portal email. I know this is highly unusual, and I am worried that something went wrong between the approval and the launching of the virtual landing procedure. I know several candidates approved the same day, with the same AOR months, by the same VO, who received it in a matter of hours or days after the approval. I am asking you to put a note in my file, for the officer in charge of my application, to check if a step has been missed in my case."
Thank you Mstefan, this is really helpful!
Could you tell me how many times you sent this note before you got a reply from the agent? I've been sending webform for a week and I get auto responses every day

Reactions: klein

Alexius H

Jul 19, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Here is another waiting applicant!
So glad to meet you guys.
I’m in exactly same situation like you guys.

Vo- Montreal
Second - Ottawa Ircc
Aor - Feb 18 (CEC inland)
Checked All passed and final approved on Jun 28 by my G-note but nothing changed in my account yet.

God I’ve never known that waiting without any notice or sign could be pretty harsh like this before. Plz let us know if anybody get any happy news.
Hope all of here really get a portal-email sooooon.

Last edited:

tph058

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Here is another waiting applicant!
So glad to meet you guys.
I’m in exactly same situation like you guys.

Vo- Montreal
Second - Ottawa Ircc
Aor - Feb 18 (CEC inland)
Checked All passed and final approved on Jun 28 by my G-note but nothing changed in my account yet.

God I’ve never known that waiting without any notice or sign could be pretty harsh like this before. Plz let us know if anybody get any happy news.
Hope all of here really get a portal-email sooooon.
Hey @Alexius H,

Same here. I have same AOR. same both VO and approved date. Contact to MP and they told me nothing they can do, we just have to wait.

Reactions: Alexius H

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Guys

What happens to the Temporary Resident Visa applications in progress after the permanent residency is approved?

Thanks

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Guys

What happens to the Temporary Resident Visa applications in progress after the permanent residency is approved?

Thanks
you’re in the wrong thread.

If you have PR status then Temp Resident Visa applications in process will be refused (or you can withdraw them)

Eric P

May 8, 2021
Emailed my MP office, they got back to me saying they will follow up if I don't heard back from IRCC by the end of the month.

Reactions: klein

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Emailed my MP office, they got back to me saying they will follow up if I don't heard back from IRCC by the end of the month.
My MP got back to me as well and said they would reach out to IRCC this week. Let's see if we can get some answers... or better yet, some action!!!

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Never got the reminder. Just the first one. But I answered it anyway every day after that. Just in case :) Until I received the credentials.
That's great. Did you contact them Everyday with your requested info or just asking them to provide your credentials?

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
That's great. Did you contact them Everyday with your requested info or just asking them to provide your credentials?
Yeah, I basically answered every day what they were asking in their mail. Confirming my info over and over :)

Reactions: tom93

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Does any one know what is RC-5133?
my file got approved on July 28th but till today no portal email. GCMS notes shows approved.