17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of desperate right now, it's been more than 50 days since my application was approved (June 30th), and according to my GCMS it's also been transferred to my local VO (Hamilton), BUT: No portal email so far :mad:

I know I'm not the only one, @eddieeeeeelyx is in an even worse situation.

I've noticed that it's not quite common for applicants to wait that long just for the first portal email. Generally, the longest wait after the approval seems to be for the credentials email, and the next steps...

1. My local MP has asked for a status update from IRCC, and of course, their answer is completely useless, they just repeated what I already knew, without addressing my concern.
2. I've sent an email to IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca asking if there was a technical issue, still waiting for an answer.
3. I've raised a web form today, asking for clarification, and I don't expect an answer before next week.
4. The cic.gc.ca domain is whitelisted in my email client, and I have received every communication so far, so there is no possibility that it went to the spam folder.

Is there anything that I can do? It really seems odd, like if my application was lost/forgotten somewhere. Would hiring a lawyer help?
Has anyone here had to wait for a longer than normal time to get the first portal email after approval?

I just don't know how much I should wait before trying to do something other than contacting them and getting their bs answers every time.

New7077

Sep 4, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of desperate right now, it's been more than 50 days since my application was approved (June 30th), and according to my GCMS it's also been transferred to my local VO (Hamilton), BUT: No portal email so far :mad:

I've noticed that it's not quite common for applicants to wait that long just for the first portal email. Generally, the longest wait after the approval seems to be for the credentials email, and the next steps...

1. My local MP has asked for a status update from IRCC, and of course, their answer is completely useless, they just repeated what I already knew, without addressing my concern.
2. I've sent an email to IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca asking if there was a technical issue, still waiting for an answer.
3. I've raised a web form today, asking for clarification, and I don't expect an answer before next week.
4. The cic.gc.ca domain is whitelisted in my email client, and I have received every communication so far, so there is no possibility that it went to the spam folder.

Is there anything that I can do? It really seems odd, like if my application was lost/forgotten somewhere. Would hiring a lawyer help?
Has anyone here had to wait for a longer than normal time to get the first portal email after approval?

I just don't know how much I should wait before trying to do something other than contacting them and getting their bs answers every time.
I’m in the same boat.
everything passed in july but no portal email yet.
Aor - feb 17
Medical passed - march 08
Eligibility, security, criminality all passed on july 21.
Initially my Vo was Vancouver but file moved to edmonton once everything was cleared. Silence till then. Not sure whats left when everything’s cleared. :(

Harrysingh04

Aug 20, 2020
Hi everyone,

Everything will be useless at this time. This system is new and they usually dont do anything no matter what we try. They will take their time.

• Angry
Reactions: mstefan

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
I’m in the same boat.
Do you have final approval? Or just every stage passed but waiting for final approval?

Everything will be useless at this time. This system is new and they usually dont do anything no matter what we try. They will take their time.
Yeah, I'm just wondering when it's time to ring the alarm. I mean, I don't know how they work, what if some applications genuinely end up in limbo with no apparent reason? Like anomalies, statistical errors...

I'm losing hope, honestly. I keep analyzing my last GCMS. Can't find a clue of what happened... And the worst part is that in those notes I can see a COPR number for me and my dependents. It says "not started" and then a reference for the print queue....

I'm just so close but also so far away at the same time....

Reactions: Harrysingh04

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
I’m in the same boat.
Sorry I've just seen that your file has been moved to your local VO, it means you have a final approval, and not only stages passed :)

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
My file got approved on July 28, Vo - Vancouver. Still waiting for first email. CEC- NOVEMBER 2020 AOR.
file is not even transferred to local VO. I live in Ontario. :(

eddieeeeeelyx

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

Yes, been waiting since June 18th. RZ04386 approved my file...

aviiii123

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
OMG i thought i was the only one. AOR- Jan 08, 2021. My file is also approved and sent to local office and can see a document number and print queue but it says "not started" File was approved on June 28, 2021. So frustrating

eddieeeeeelyx

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
OMG i thought i was the only one. AOR- Jan 08, 2021. My file is also approved and sent to local office and can see a document number and print queue but it says "not started" File was approved on June 28, 2021. So frustrating
Yes I have the print queue PQ-DOC-3296-5. I have seen other people with this combination of numbers and letters so guess it doesnt mean anything...

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Yes I have the print queue PQ-DOC-3296-5. I have seen other people with this combination of numbers and letters so guess it doesnt mean anything...
I have the same print queue reference. It must mean something. My file was approved by MS04404 at Montreal VO.

So for now we have:
@eddieeeeeelyx waiting since June 18th
@aviiii123 waiting since June 28th
@mstefan (me) waiting since June 30th
@New7077 waiting since July 21st

All our files have been transferred to our local VOs.

We are still a huge minority compared to other applicants. That’s why I keep thinking something went wrong for us along the way. I will update the list with new names if others in the same situation show up...

Reactions: eddieeeeeelyx

New7077

Sep 4, 2020
I have the same print queue reference. It must mean something. My file was approved by MS04404 at Montreal VO.

So for now we have:
@eddieeeeeelyx waiting since June 18th
@aviiii123 waiting since June 28th
@mstefan (me) waiting since June 30th
@New7077 waiting since July 21st

All our files have been transferred to our local VOs.

We are still a huge minority compared to other applicants. That’s why I keep thinking something went wrong for us along the way. I will update the list with new names if others in the same situation show up...
Actually Edmonton is not my local Vo. I live in Ottawa and not sure why my file moved to Edmonton after everything was cleared.

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Actually Edmonton is not my local Vo. I live in Ottawa and not sure why my file moved to Edmonton after everything was cleared.
Oh ok, that's strange... :/ I guess we'll never know how IRCC works...

aviiii123

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
got a reply from my MP today.
"An update was requested regarding your application with CIC.
It seems that you are in the cue for a virtual landing and there is no way of knowing when this will be but rest assured that they are aware of your inquiry and your request to get this done as soon as possible. "

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
got a reply from my MP today.
"An update was requested regarding your application with CIC.
It seems that you are in the cue for a virtual landing and there is no way of knowing when this will be but rest assured that they are aware of your inquiry and your request to get this done as soon as possible. "
Oh, at least you got a somewhat useful answer! You're in the queue...

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021