Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/2016 (Not exact for security)
LANDED..........
07/2016 (Not exact for security)
munjal said:
you will know only when it happens :p

and it is really quiet now in the forum... you may have guessed it correctly as the pre-effects of this draw or post-effects of previous draw.. ;D
I would have been less quiet yesterday, but I could not get onto the forum due to the forum giving me "Connection Resets" maybe many others had the same issue, and thus the forums seemed quiet as many could not get on? I created a separate thread for this discussion though.

This is again just a guess, but, if they have only just been elected I doubt they will change anything straight away within the first week, unless they specifically mentioned it in their campaigns, as then they would be keen to make the change asap to show they mean business. But other than that, I think it takes time for them to settle in, and then slowly they get to seeing what they can do where. Again, I know nothing about politics, so total uneducated guess.

I do hope there will be a draw today, but hey, if not, lets keep heads high and persevere, keep talking though, and keep each other motivated, or actually, keep us distracted so we dont have to worry so much :p

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
2173 Software engineers and designers
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
RamsayBolton said:
It is true that IT applicants have high CRS score and easy to get ITA. It's because everyone always need new software, website, IT system, network infrastructure and tech support, etc. No matter how big or small a company is. For example, a normal and typical company like marketing or trucking still need at least several in-house web devs/programmers or sysadmin and help desk, but they surely don't need any mechanical engineers or biologists. You can also look over the border at the US, a large majority of H-1B workers coming to the US are all IT workers.
Yeah I doubt they are being biased, I mean how can they be? mungjal said themselves that IT are getting more ITA's, but not actual visas. So how can there be bias, as ITA is totally based on the points, and it appears to be automated. And the points are general, you don't get bonus CRS points for IT related jobs. But maybe there are just more of us?

As for them stopping the draws, I really really hope not! Surely they would issue a communication if that plan was on the table, and anything not called out will just be Business As Usual? And what would be the reason anyway, the program only just started, it would cause uproar and wont make them popular. Sure they can suggest improvements/changes, but stopping the draws? I see no reason why they would. Again, total guesses on my part.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
redfox05 said:
Yeah I doubt they are being biased, I mean how can they be? mungjal said themselves that IT are getting more ITA's, but not actual visas. So how can there be bias, as ITA is totally based on the points, and it appears to be automated. And the points are general, you don't get bonus CRS points for IT related jobs. But maybe there are just more of us?

As for them stopping the draws, I really really hope not! Surely they would issue a communication if that plan was on the table, and anything not called out will just be Business As Usual? And what would be the reason anyway, the program only just started, it would cause uproar and wont make them popular. Sure they can suggest improvements/changes, but stopping the draws? I see no reason why they would. Again, total guesses on my part.
he meant ITA by province are given to those with IT background. Yes province have their own choice of NOC. Like anyone over 400 is not given PT from Ontario. they select mostly IT based people. that's true.

yes they might not stop the draws , in fact they might make them faster or increase the number of invite.

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bestofluck said:
he meant ITA by province are given to those with IT background. Yes province have their own choice of NOC. Like anyone over 400 is not given PT from Ontario. they select mostly IT based people. that's true.

yes they might not stop the draws , in fact they might make them faster or increase the number of invite.
Ahh I see, so he was not referring to the standard EE route, this is EE PNP provincial nomination routes?

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:

yes bestofluck,
you are correct, here I am referring to ITAs given by Provinces..
PNPs are preferring IT NOCs over other profiles..

this is my observation.. and what I think is happening with PNPs

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
RamsayBolton said:
It is true that IT applicants have high CRS score and easy to get ITA. It's because everyone always need new software, website, IT system, network infrastructure and tech support, etc. No matter how big or small a company is. For example, a normal and typical company like marketing or trucking still need at least several in-house web devs/programmers or sysadmin and help desk, but they surely don't need any mechanical engineers or biologists. You can also look over the border at the US, a large majority of H-1B workers coming to the US are all IT workers.
Well, certainly interesting insight. Might tempt me to apply for PNP if I done get ITA in the next few draws. But its a lot of extra money, more paperwork, and more waiting :(

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With 481, I think you should be fine... I would wait for the next draw (or 2, if required) before spending money and effort on PNP...

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
FYI: not every province has fee for pnp application for example AINP do not charge for application,
Ontario EE PNP another category with no transparency : not every IT job holder gets an ITA for example thats me :(

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, there was no draw happened in the first week of new Immi Minister taking over the charge of the dept..

we can expect it to happen this week..

and no surprise to see the cutoff going high due to long gap between the last draw and coming draw.. ! :(

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry don't mean to be negative but its likely that CIC will focus on processing refugees from Syria. Think about it for the past few months they've processed 3000 applications per month under EE.

I highly doubt that in 7 weeks they want 6000 EE applicants to process in addition to 25,000 refugees. In my opinion there probably won't be another draw until the new year.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You seems to be logical, but I think CIC will not sacrifice/halt EE draws for the sake of Syrian refugees..

and it is not that they will take the entire quota of 24000 refugees in just one or two months.. it will continue simultaneously with other immigration programs..

Surely there will be an EE draw happening in a week or two.. :)

lets hope for the better :)

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
JoacRy said:
Sorry don't mean to be negative but its likely that CIC will focus on processing refugees from Syria. Think about it for the past few months they've processed 3000 applications per month under EE.

I highly doubt that in 7 weeks they want 6000 EE applicants to process in addition to 25,000 refugees. In my opinion there probably won't be another draw until the new year.
I wonder why are u so much worried about refugees. That is their job to accommodate them. Why would they disturb Express entry? don't be so much stressed. Wait for a draw next week. Anyhow they will make 2 draws this month. still 20 days to go for November. There are so many instances they make a draw after 21 days. good luck for next draw. relax

Sandip13

Jun 28, 2015
BBC story

To emphasise that commitment, during his first week in office, the prime minister changed the name of the citizenship and immigration department to "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada".

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My sentiments exactly. It is kind of different though, a politician trying to keep the promise he made.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
I would imagine that processing a refugee application takes considerably less time than processing a normal immigration application (EE, for example). Essentially, I would imagine there are 3 main components: 1) establishing that they fled out of genuine and well founded fear (this usually is assessed via an interview and, unlike EE, documentary evidence is optional) 2) the refugee's identity, 3) medical checkup. I mean, how long can that take? But then again, there are so many of them ...