+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st EE Draw after new government in Canada - New Immi Minister, New PM

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As the Liberals Govt has got elected in Canada and new Immi Minister, Mr. John McCullum have taken over the charge now...

This will be their first EE draw...

Do you think it will have any impact on CRS cutoff levels??

what do you think will be the CRS cutoff??

I think it will not go below 475 levels for this draw..

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Munjal, thanks for your post. The truth is none of us know for sure what the priorities of the new government are. Hence we can't be certain there will be a draw.

All we can do is submit a profile and try as best we can to improve our score. Like you I hope there will be a draw and many people in this forum get an ITA. Dont mean to dampen expectations but trying to be a realist at the same time.

In the event there is a draw I have no idea what a possible score might be. Depends on how many people they want to process. Higher no of people would trend to a lower score and vice versa.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Hi Munjal, thanks for your post. The truth is none of us know for sure what the priorities of the new government are. Hence we can't be certain there will be a draw.

All we can do is submit a profile and try as best we can to improve our score. Like you I hope there will be a draw and many people in this forum get an ITA. Dont mean to dampen expectations but trying to be a realist at the same time.

In the event there is a draw I have no idea what a possible score might be. Depends on how many people they want to process. Higher no of people would trend to a lower score and vice versa.
Ho JoacRy,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I do believe too that things will not change overnight... because new govt has lot many other important matters to deal with in immigration itself...
such as Syrian refugees, LMO, TWFP..

So, I think there will be very little change we can expect in EE..

and so will be the CRS levels...

nz

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The forum seems very quiet for a night before a draw. Are people not expecting one for sure tomorrow or perhaps the last draw put a damper on spirits. When will we know if there was a draw on Nov 6?

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nz said:
The forum seems very quiet for a night before a draw. Are people not expecting one for sure tomorrow or perhaps the last draw put a damper on spirits. When will we know if there was a draw on Nov 6?
you will know only when it happens :p

and it is really quiet now in the forum... you may have guessed it correctly as the pre-effects of this draw or post-effects of previous draw.. ;D

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes between no major draws and also no big release of pprs alot of us ae waiting. its been 3 weeks since the last big ppr release so hopeful soon

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
I'm afraid that they may stop making draws in 2015. CIC will need a lot of workforce to process 25000 refugees by the end of 2015.

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My score just jumps to 447, thanks to the recent ECA. Hopefully, the draw score will lightly dip from 450 to 445 :)

nz

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope they don't stop the draws. Not only will we lose two months but it will take weeks perhaps months to get the cutoff down to normal in the new year.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
nz said:
I hope they don't stop the draws. Not only will we lose two months but it will take weeks perhaps months to get the cutoff down to normal in the new year.
Well, I don't see other way to take 25000 refugees in less than 2 month other than suspending all other applications and dedicating CIC officers to process refugees. I'd love to be wrong though, but looks like we're all f***ed up.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anarsoul said:
Well, I don't see other way to take 25000 refugees in less than 2 month other than suspending all other applications and dedicating CIC officers to process refugees. I'd love to be wrong though, but looks like we're all f***ed up.
well, presently EE applications are being processed along with the previous FSW backlogs too, which are now supposed to be clear by year-end.
Hence, I dont think that these 25000 syrian refugees intake will make any impact on EE processing and crs levels.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
munjal said:
well, presently EE applications are being processed along with the previous FSW backlogs too, which are now supposed to be clear by year-end.
Hence, I dont think that these 25000 syrian refugees intake will make any impact on EE processing and crs levels.
The can always increase the number of intake for refugees, why would they disturb EE pool. Dont panic guys, I dont see much of a change other than they will increase number of intake from 1500 to 2000 or more.

Dont panic and wait for the Express Entry yearly report til December. The yearly report might give an idea of 2016 on wards. Migh be some revisions in EE but I don't see they will just wipe off the system. After all they need some or other system.

You night see the scores drop by November 2nd draw. This is my assumption of-course. No one has an idea on Express Entry but few changes i feel would be effective after some months not immediately.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
munjal said:
Heh, visit FSW2014 and CEC2014 threads. August-December 2014 applicants still were not processed. Backlog is still huge, and I've no idea how they're going to clear it.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
The can always increase the number of intake for refugees, why would they disturb EE pool. Dont panic guys, I dont see much of a change other than they will increase number of intake from 1500 to 2000 or more.

Dont panic and wait for the Express Entry yearly report til December. The yearly report might give an idea of 2016 on wards. Migh be some revisions in EE but I don't see they will just wipe off the system. After all they need some or other system.

You night see the scores drop by November 2nd draw. This is my assumption of-course. No one has an idea on Express Entry but few changes i feel would be effective after some months not immediately.
The only scope of revision in EE can be seen as NOC wise selection cap or certain NOC getting priority even if CRS score is low..
because, what I have observed in the present scheme is that there are majority of IT based NOC such as 2171,2172,2173,2174 etc are gaining much more ITAs.... I am not saying that CIC is biased towards them. Surely they are getting ITAs based on CRS only,
but if we look at the PNPs, they have higher affinity towards IT related NOCs and because of PNPs nominations, there are majority of ITAs going to IT based NOCs.
This are just my views and opinions... pls dont get any altercation with me for this..
If you agree with this... thats ok.
but it you don't then chill and continue living your life as usual.. ;D

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
The only scope of revision in EE can be seen as NOC wise selection cap or certain NOC getting priority even if CRS score is low..
because, what I have observed in the present scheme is that there are majority of IT based NOC such as 2171,2172,2173,2174 etc are gaining much more ITAs.... I am not saying that CIC is biased towards them. Surely they are getting ITAs based on CRS only,
but if we look at the PNPs, they have higher affinity towards IT related NOCs and because of PNPs nominations, there are majority of ITAs going to IT based NOCs.
This are just my views and opinions... pls dont get any altercation with me for this..
If you agree with this... thats ok.
but it you don't then chill and continue living your life as usual.. ;D
It is true that IT applicants have high CRS score and easy to get ITA. It's because everyone always need new software, website, IT system, network infrastructure and tech support, etc. No matter how big or small a company is. For example, a normal and typical company like marketing or trucking still need at least several in-house web devs/programmers or sysadmin and help desk, but they surely don't need any mechanical engineers or biologists. You can also look over the border at the US, a large majority of H-1B workers coming to the US are all IT workers.