Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
17-03-2011
Hi - can you give me your thoughts on this situation...

I am Canadian and my husband is from Bolivia. He is a PR. We live permanently in Canada. We would like to invite his oldest niece (18 yrs old) to visit us for a few months and over Christmas - she graduated high school and is taking a year off before entering university. Right now she is studying English and working part time. We would support her while she is here and her mom will be paying for the return plane ticket.

However she doesn't have a bank account or own any property...so I'm worried about proving that she will return to her country. The best we could do would be to provide a letter stating she is enrolled in a program beginning XXX.

Would that be enough? Anything else we could do to strengthen that part of her application?

Thanks in advance!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
campesinaj said:
Hi - can you give me your thoughts on this situation...

I am Canadian and my husband is from Bolivia. He is a PR. We live permanently in Canada. We would like to invite his oldest niece (18 yrs old) to visit us for a few months and over Christmas - she graduated high school and is taking a year off before entering university. Right now she is studying English and working part time. We would support her while she is here and her mom will be paying for the return plane ticket.

However she doesn't have a bank account or own any property...so I'm worried about proving that she will return to her country. The best we could do would be to provide a letter stating she is enrolled in a program beginning XXX.

Would that be enough? Anything else we could do to strengthen that part of her application?

Thanks in advance!
Why isn't she the one applying? From how all the above was written it sounds like you are going to apply on her behalf, is that true?

How long does she plan to stay? What's the family relationship with her (details)? What do you plan to do while she is here?

You don't need a bank account or property. I mean it makes a strong argument but many people specially young ones don't have any of those.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It could happen that VO would not be able to understand why the girl has to hang around doing nothing for a couple of months in Canada. :)
At home she is studying English (taking some course? with a private teacher? all by herself?) and at least WORKING even if part-time.

If she is a minor VO will pay attention to her parents establishment in Bolivia. If they have good jobs, career, apartment/house, savings, travel history.
If she is an adult then it is her ties to Bolivia they will pay attention to.

If her uncle would like to invite a relative to come over for Christmas, why is it a niece and not his SISTER and her husband or sister and niece. Why for SOME months if they have never been in Canada before?
Invite your niece for summer (couple of months), convince VO why her and not her mom ( a trip as a gift after graduation), write a detailed itinerary for her stay.
Or enroll her in a short English course (up to 6 months)in Canada before she goes to the university in Bolivia.

In short- make some SENSE (purpose) of her stay in Canada.