Apr 29, 2013
I have one question to you

My time line

Applied 23 September 2014
AOR 24 Feburay 2015
MR 4 March 2015

Since March to October 8 no update

But October 9 I found my Ecas show :IP

But confusion is : it says we started processing your application on 24 February 2015

Why they are letting me know so late

Or this the way Cic works

So is it good sign for my application

Please advise I m in so stress

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slyangel said:
Congrats spoonraccoon!!!!
Now for the PPR waiting game lol ive been waiting since october 3rd
i got PPR!!! at 22:05hrs MT

Hope you did too!

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
SpoonRaccoon said:
i got PPR!!! at 22:05hrs MT

Hope you did too!
Hello friend I have one question

Did Cic asked any documents before DM

Example : updated PCC, schedule A or any documents

Please reply for me

Thanks
And good luck for your PPR

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamid khan said:
Hello friend I have one question

Did Cic asked any documents before DM

Example : updated PCC, schedule A or any documents

Please reply for me

Thanks
And good luck for your PPR
They asked for many documents. Many many many documents but mostly marriage related. Let me give you a brief timeline of what they asked for and when

March 2014 - application received
April 2014 - AOR and medicals
May 2014 - RPRF and PCC
June 2014 - I get married
July 2014 - I add my wife and include all the forms and her PCC
July 2014 - medicals for my wife
August 2014 - Sydney transfer my application to Ottawa and label it as complex. From now on all the requests come from Ottawa
September 2014 - proof of marriage, fill a questionnaire, and schedule 4
November 2014 - they ask for the documents again even though I sent them. They claimed they never got them so I send them again
December 2014 - they ask for more proof for my marriage
January 2015 - they email me about getting all my documents
April 2015 - even though not a direct request for me, someone requests to extend my medicals. My medicals are now valid until April 2016
June 2015 - medicals again for my wife
July 2015 - I call and mentioned my application has taken more than 16 months(the average time back then) and they said adding my wife created a delay. No time frame or details are given and they changed my lock-in date to July 2014 by mistake(in their eyes, they received the application in July 2014 and not March 2014)
September 2015 - I call my local MP and they cut a deal with CIC. MP says to wait until Oct 18 2015(Sunday) for an answer. If no answer is provided by CIC, contact MP next day(Monday)
October 15 2015 - I get DM and PPR dated October 16 2015 at 00:05 hours Ottawa time(20:05 mine)

IMO my MP escalated the issue. In their views, the application took 15 months not 19 since complex cases usually take more than the average time. CIC makes errors because they are human but I'm glad someone told me about MP else I wouldn't have had PPR this year.

Hope this helps.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
SpoonRaccoon said:
They asked for many documents. Many many many documents but mostly marriage related. Let me give you a brief timeline of what they asked for and when

March 2014 - application received
April 2014 - AOR and medicals
May 2014 - RPRF and PCC
June 2014 - I get married
July 2014 - I add my wife and include all the forms and her PCC
July 2014 - medicals for my wife
August 2014 - Sydney transfer my application to Ottawa and label it as complex. From now on all the requests come from Ottawa
September 2014 - proof of marriage, fill a questionnaire, and schedule 4
November 2014 - they ask for the documents again even though I sent them. They claimed they never got them so I send them again
December 2014 - they ask for more proof for my marriage
January 2015 - they email me about getting all my documents
April 2015 - even though not a direct request for me, someone requests to extend my medicals. My medicals are now valid until April 2016
June 2015 - medicals again for my wife
July 2015 - I call and mentioned my application has taken more than 16 months(the average time back then) and they said adding my wife created a delay. No time frame or details are given and they changed my lock-in date to July 2014 by mistake(in their eyes, they received the application in July 2014 and not March 2014)
September 2015 - I call my local MP and they cut a deal with CIC. MP says to wait until Oct 18 2015(Sunday) for an answer. If no answer is provided by CIC, contact MP next day(Monday)
October 15 2015 - I get DM and PPR dated October 16 2015 at 00:05 hours Ottawa time(20:05 mine)

IMO my MP escalated the issue. In their views, the application took 15 months not 19 since complex cases usually take more than the average time. CIC makes errors because they are human but I'm glad someone told me about MP else I wouldn't have had PPR this year.

Hope this helps.

very glad to listen again after long hard journey finally you achieved your goals

Congres friend

there is one issue same about IP, me and U same

i received IP October 9 2015
but ecas says 24 Feb 2015.

infact 24 feb 2015 i have received my AOR

i hope my DM by end of this month

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamid khan said:
I m waiting
I IP since 9 October 2015
I applied 23 sep 2014

Question : how long from IP to DM
it depends on the case. Your wife has a visa denied, doesn't she? Then your case will be a long one so about 18 months. sep 2014 + 18 months = end of february 2016 roughly. Do what I did; contact your local MP and have them escalate it. You'll get it in 15 months so sep 2014 + 15 months = December 2015.

Good luck. I know how tedious and frustrating is to wait. My application took 19 months.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
SpoonRaccoon said:
it depends on the case. Your wife has a visa denied, doesn't she? Then your case will be a long one so about 18 months. sep 2014 + 18 months = end of february 2016 roughly. Do what I did; contact your local MP and have them escalate it. You'll get it in 15 months so sep 2014 + 15 months = December 2015.

Good luck. I know how tedious and frustrating is to wait. My application took 19 months.
It's is in IP now from 9 October 2015
So every one said it took one month from IP to DM

Also my case same like you IP from 9 October 2015 but Ecas showing 24 February 2015 , this date I got AOR

What is your opinion

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamid khan said:
It's is in IP now from 9 October 2015
So every one said it took one month from IP to DM

Also my case same like you IP from 9 October 2015 but Ecas showing 24 February 2015 , this date I got AOR

What is your opinion
Let me briefly explain what happens and what will happen with your case.
Sydney process most of the applications that are PNP inland. These applications are straight forward. In other words, easy cases. If something changes or there's any complexity added, then your application is sent to Ottawa for processing. People getting PPR in less than a year is because their cases are simple and their application is processed in Sydney then transferred to Ottawa for PPR.
If your application is sent to Ottawa for processing, then it has to be go through more check ups. If you add a dependent, they will check if the dependent is legit. If you have a criminal record, they will check whether or not you are eligible, etc.
Your wife has a denied visa. That doesn't mean your application will be rejected, it means it has to go into another check up that Ottawa does and not Sydney. Ottawa is slower than Sydney. The time it takes for Ottawa depends on the complexity of your case. My case is similar than yours. My wife had a visitor visa denied and my application was labeled as complex. It took 19 months to get PPR because of this.

Things changed. BEFORE when you get IP, that meant your file was assigned to an officer. At this point, medicals, police clearance, and eligibility are passed. At this point, your application is most likely to be finished if it's in Sydney and you got IP. You just wait for your application to be sign off and sent to Ottawa for PPR(not processing).
NOW IP means when they accept your application and the process starts(it usually starts with AOR and medicals). This is also your lock-in date. It doesn't mean it's been assigned or it's been checked. That's why your IP has the date you got AOR.
Your application is in the queue for an officer to be reviewed in Ottawa. This is SLOW. Ottawa asked me for many documents and according to my GCMS notes, my file was ready to be reviewed in December 2014 but I didn't get PPR until recently a few days ago.
Once your application is assigned to an officer, it'll take 1 or 2 days for them to make a decision if no other document is needed.

My advice to you is to

1:
ask for GCMS notes every other month. If they ask for a document and you didn't get an email, your notes will say what they requested and what they have received. That will give you confidence that nothing is missing. I say this because people have had their application rejected because CIC says they didn't send the documents requested even though they did.

2:
talk to your local MP so you don't have to wait 19 months like I did or other people that waited 20+ You are in line for a long wait. Keep that in mind.

Hope this helps.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
SpoonRaccoon said:
Let me briefly explain what happens and what will happen with your case.
Sydney process most of the applications that are PNP inland. These applications are straight forward. In other words, easy cases. If something changes or there's any complexity added, then your application is sent to Ottawa for processing. People getting PPR in less than a year is because their cases are simple and their application is processed in Sydney then transferred to Ottawa for PPR.
If your application is sent to Ottawa for processing, then it has to be go through more check ups. If you add a dependent, they will check if the dependent is legit. If you have a criminal record, they will check whether or not you are eligible, etc.
Your wife has a denied visa. That doesn't mean your application will be rejected, it means it has to go into another check up that Ottawa does and not Sydney. Ottawa is slower than Sydney. The time it takes for Ottawa depends on the complexity of your case. My case is similar than yours. My wife had a visitor visa denied and my application was labeled as complex. It took 19 months to get PPR because of this.

Things changed. BEFORE when you get IP, that meant your file was assigned to an officer. At this point, medicals, police clearance, and eligibility are passed. At this point, your application is most likely to be finished if it's in Sydney and you got IP. You just wait for your application to be sign off and sent to Ottawa for PPR(not processing).
NOW IP means when they accept your application and the process starts(it usually starts with AOR and medicals). This is also your lock-in date. It doesn't mean it's been assigned or it's been checked. That's why your IP has the date you got AOR.
Your application is in the queue for an officer to be reviewed in Ottawa. This is SLOW. Ottawa asked me for many documents and according to my GCMS notes, my file was ready to be reviewed in December 2014 but I didn't get PPR until recently a few days ago.
Once your application is assigned to an officer, it'll take 1 or 2 days for them to make a decision if no other document is needed.

My advice to you is to

1:
ask for GCMS notes every other month. If they ask for a document and you didn't get an email, your notes will say what they requested and what they have received. That will give you confidence that nothing is missing. I say this because people have had their application rejected because CIC says they didn't send the documents requested even though they did.

2:
talk to your local MP so you don't have to wait 19 months like I did or other people that waited 20+ You are in line for a long wait. Keep that in mind.

Hope this helps.

thanks for your time

i received my GCMS note : date generated 2015-09-22

still file is CIO office in gcms note

also it didn't say anywhere complex case , it says

Application status : OPEN
Application status reason : IN PROGRESS