+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

17+ Months Applicants

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Another thing that now bugs me was a point during my comversation with the officer. Knowing I had waited for a long time and could not have qualified unless the law had changed to 3/5, at the very beginning of the interview,
she was giving me a comment like this:
“sooooo, finally the law changed and you could apply eeh?”

Right then, I asked myself what kind of question is that for a 10 min interview but I thought it is some sort of relaxing question. I have every right to now question her intentions that she didnt like to let my file easily pass from the very beginning while she knew I have waited exactly for the right time before I applied. In any case I now dont find this question funny at all.

alternatestar

Mar 26, 2019
Another thing that now bugs me was a point during my comversation with the officer. Knowing I had waited for a long time and could not have qualified unless the law had changed to 3/5, at the very beginning of the interview,
she was giving me a comment like this:
“sooooo, finally the law changed and you could apply eeh?”

Right then, I asked myself what kind of question is that for a 10 min interview but I thought it is some sort of relaxing question. I have every right to now question her intentions that she didnt like to let my file easily pass from the very beginning while she knew I have waited exactly for the right time before I applied. In any case I now dont find this question funny at all.
That reminded me of what my interviewer told me since I applied on my 1097th day. She said “you can’t wait to apply, huh” and now, 3 weeks after my test, my file is still in process.

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
That reminded me of what my interviewer told me since I applied on my 1097th day. She said “you can’t wait to apply, huh” and now, 3 weeks after my test, my file is still in process.
I dont want to disappoint you but with only 2 buffer days you might be waiting for sometime. However you could also get lucky depending on the officer and how exactly your file and situation is. Good luck!

alternatestar

Mar 26, 2019
I dont want to disappoint you but with only 2 buffer days you might be waiting for sometime. However you could also get lucky depending on the officer and how exactly your file and situation is. Good luck!
Why though? If you did the calculation accurately, there’s no need to worry. She even told me that everything looks good with my application. She specifically mentioned background check and residency.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Why though? If you did the calculation accurately, there’s no need to worry. She even told me that everything looks good with my application. She specifically mentioned background check and residency.
I think that some people miscalculated their days of absence from Canada accidentally. For example, they probably forgot the dates that they actually left Canada. And once they applied for the citizenship, they took the dates on the stamp (by another immigration) which might’ve been stamped a day later because it’s a common case if one had one or two transits during the travel.

That’s why they say it’s safer to get a week or two for buffer in case there’s any mistake.

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
If she said that everythig is fine then you probably have nothing to worry.

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello everyone
Today after long waiting and after 6 months waiting from test date
I received letter from Cic to appear for another interview with officer in depth concerning residency
Plz advice
Thank you
Did they email you? Did they give at least 2 weeks notice?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Just a day before hitting the 17th Month, I became a Canadian citizen on April 5, 2019.

I would be around and happy to assist 'anyone' who needs help; based on my experience.

Reactions: k300k3

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just a day before hitting the 17th Month, I became a Canadian citizen on April 5, 2019.

I would be around and happy to assist 'anyone' who needs help; based on my experience.
Next week I will celebrate the beginning of my 19th month!