+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

17+ Months Applicants

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
I am creating this thread for applicants who have been in process for more than 17 months now with no test invite as of yet. How many are still out there?

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
just curious? are you from Iran / middle east , did you become PR from a protected refugee status?
I read some where that such cases are being delayed.
Lebanon, but came here as an international student 10 years ago. In some cases the original country may play a role in delaying your processing, but it's not always the case.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Nothing
I don’t have the money and the energy to do more than what I have done so far
I was looking into writ of mandamus, it's very expensive
Nothing
I don’t have the money and the energy to do more than what I have done so far
Problem is it costs around 5k to file a writ of mandamus, I checked few lawyers and that's the quote I was given. It is ridiculous how expensive it is for something that doesn't even guarantee you fast processing. Lawyers said I should consider it only after 3 years and not now, but they all agreed on one thing though: IRCC has a lot of slackers, and many applicants are poorly handled because of that.

Reactions: EE12345

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I was looking into writ of mandamus, it's very expensive

Problem is it costs around 5k to file a writ of mandamus, I checked few lawyers and that's the quote I was given. It is ridiculous how expensive it is for something that doesn't even guarantee you fast processing. Lawyers said I should consider it only after 3 years and not now, but they all agreed on one thing though: IRCC has a lot of slackers, and many applicants are poorly handled because of that.
Already paid nearly 1000 for the citizenship: app fee, delivery, photo, all the documents and finger prints , not to mention the money to renew PR card, which could have been avoided if they finished in 15 months

No way I am paying another cent for this

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Feb 2018 applicant. 13+ months and counting ...

AOR: Feb 28, 2018
In process: May 30, 2018

Recently got CSIS and IRCC notes via ATIP.

Criminality: Passed
Security: In process (Told by CSIS. IRCC notes show security as empty)
Immigration clearance: Not started.

God knows when will this process end. I can easily see myself going towards FC mandamus path.

Reactions: EE12345

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I am almost 20 month since I applied and almost 14 month from the test, still In process. The problem is there is no transparency to find out what is the reason of delay .

Reactions: SANAGhada

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
I am almost 20 month since I applied and almost 14 month from the test, still In process. The problem is there is no transparency to find out what is the reason of delay .
As I said in the previous thread, order ATIP for both CSIS and IRCC. If you only order IRCC you wont know whats the problem.

Reactions: prash42