17+ Months Applicants

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
15 months since I applied
5 months since my test and interview
Still waiting the Oath invitation letter
My Ecas still reads IP in process
I called IRCC one month ago he told me he will send notes to the officer. nothing changed
I became frustrated
Any advice plz
Thank you
Probably stuck at the background check again, nothing you can do

Reactions: SANAGhada

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Thank you for your reply
Is that’s normal ?
Thanks again
No idea ... there seems to be another round of final check right before test, if nothing comes up then one would get DM the next day, if it needs further check then you’d be stuck at IP until that check is done

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
No idea ... there seems to be another round of final check right before test, if nothing comes up then one would get DM the next day, if it needs further check then you’d be stuck at IP until that check is done
Just to add that there is yet another "final check" prior to the oath ceremony where clearances from the RCMP and CSIS are validated for one last time to ensure that the PA signs off on the oath form without any 'last minute' hassles. This was confirmed by the judge during the ceremony.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just to add that there is yet another "final check" prior to the oath ceremony where clearances from the RCMP and CSIS are validated for one last time to ensure that the PA signs off on the oath form without any 'last minute' hassles. This was confirmed by the judge during the ceremony.
My guess is, once your processing time passes the one-year mark, you are no longer in the pool of people who are processed 'within 1 year or less', and in order for IRCC to keep reporting they can finish 80% of cases within that time frame, they need to focus their resources on people who haven't reach that 12-month mark yet. For us who have waited for more than a year, we no longer matter to them, since no matter when they finish our cases, we will always be in the 20% that will take more than a year

zombiezombie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Nothing
I don’t have the money and the energy to do more than what I have done so far
Hi There. Sorry, but are you still waiting for your test invite or oath invite?
I remember you from "Oct 2017 applicant". Were you were waiting for the AOR - I think it was December that we got ours.
Wow can't believe you are still waiting... Hang in there man. you will get it soon

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
My guess is, once your processing time passes the one-year mark, you are no longer in the pool of people who are processed 'within 1 year or less', and in order for IRCC to keep reporting they can finish 80% of cases within that time frame, they need to focus their resources on people who haven't reach that 12-month mark yet. For us who have waited for more than a year, we no longer matter to them, since no matter when they finish our cases, we will always be in the 20% that will take more than a year
I am afraid you are right. It seems like they move us to a lower priority pool, no difference after if it's a year , two, or maybe three

Reactions: Fallen_Warrior

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi There. Sorry, but are you still waiting for your test invite or oath invite?
I remember you from "Oct 2017 applicant". Were you were waiting for the AOR - I think it was December that we got ours.
Wow can't believe you are still waiting... Hang in there man. you will get it soon
Well, believe it .... it’s just ironic that C-6 was introduced to eliminate “second class citizen “, but created a whole bunch of second class applicants

osis

Jun 29, 2012
Talked to a lawyer today. Apparently a delay of six months past the usual processing time does not warrant a mandamus application. He suggested that I would wait another 6 months (hitting 2 years) before doing so...

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Talked to a lawyer today. Apparently a delay of six months past the usual processing time does not warrant a mandamus application. He suggested that I would wait another 6 months (hitting 2 years) before doing so...
So minimum wait of 2 years ... Who was the lawyer who said this? I think normally lawyers say 3-4 years of wait.

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
That might be true for most IRCC local offices but definitely not the case for offices with most of their applicants already crossing the one year processing time, Mississauga being one of them. From the sheet, only 20-30% of 2018 Mississauga applicants are being processed within one year. So far, none of the April regular applicants from Mississauga office has reported a test invite. I'm sure Mississauga office will not start prioritizing August or Sept applicants over early 2018 applicants.

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
13+ months, no test invite.

I don't feel like I would get one anyways before filing FC mandamus application. Idk if CSIS is even interested in clearing my security or what ... So, RIP to all my dreams of average processing.