+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

12th pass with 10 years experience

Vyshakh1988

Jul 27, 2021
I have failed and then dropped out my engineering degree in 2011(course completed) but have 10 years of experience in software development. Completed my 12th in 2007. I would like to apply for a bachelor program in software development now. I am 32 years old. What are my chances?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Why did you drop out of school previously? You'll need to explain why you are deciding to go back to school now, after 10 years of work experience. What is your motivation and what will be the reward of spending so much on Canadian education when you didn't see the need, back in 2011?

You also need to convince VO that you will take your studies seriously now cos if you couldn't stick with it in your home country, what are the chances you would, in a foreign (more advanced) country?

A lot will depend on your SOP.

Vyshakh1988

Jul 27, 2021
Actually dropped out because I failed in many subjects. Had a lot of problems in the family at that time that drained my energy much. I couldn't properly concentrate in my studies. But I studied much about the computers and programming out of interest and that helped me to secure a job as software developer without having a degree. Currently working in good company. But I always wanted to complete my studies. I am sure it will help in my career growth.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Actually dropped out because I failed in many subjects. Had a lot of problems in the family at that time that drained my energy much. I couldn't properly concentrate in my studies. But I studied much about the computers and programming out of interest and that helped me to secure a job as software developer without having a degree. Currently working in good company. But I always wanted to complete my studies. I am sure it will help in my career growth.
Explain all theses properly in your SOP. Get references from people who can testify to your passion and tenacity to achieve your goals despite the challenges you faced. Good luck.