+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 PLUS 1 YEAR STUDY or TWO YEARS STUDY?

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
hey everyone.

I was wondering is it in any way better if one goes for a course of one year and then weigh options after one year completion of course.. whether you want to work directly with 1 year PGWP or study for another one year in some other course and then apply for 3 years PGWP. i really feel i should go for one year course because two years study and then work is a long process to get PR. please advice whether this will give me any sort of help to analyse the situation or going for two year course will be better?

please advice seniors. thanks in advance.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

doylia said:
hey everyone.

I was wondering is it in any way better if one goes for a course of one year and then weigh options after one year completion of course.. whether you want to work directly with 1 year PGWP or study for another one year in some other course and then apply for 3 years PGWP. i really feel i should go for one year course because two years study and then work is a long process to get PR. please advice whether this will give me any sort of help to analyse the situation or going for two year course will be better?

1. If you complete two 1 year courses (of which one must be at least a 1 year degree course and gap between completion should not be more than 2 years), you may get a 3 year PGWP.

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
doylia said:
hey everyone.

+1

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Hi enfield thanks fr ur reply but its still not totally clear to me.
The two courses (each of one year duration) cant be pg certificate or diploma courses? I was planning to go for one PG CERT and one DIPLOMA course. .u think it can be a problem to get PGWP of 3 years?

And coming back to my main question..will u be able to tell me if this will be better than going directly fr a TWO YEARS PG certificate course.

Please experts help me out..ur advice would be much appreciated.. thanks

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

doylia said:
Hi enfield thanks fr ur reply but its still not totally clear to me.
The two courses (each of one year duration) cant be pg certificate or diploma courses? I was planning to go for one PG CERT and one DIPLOMA course. .u think it can be a problem to get PGWP of 3 years?

And coming back to my main question..will u be able to tell me if this will be better than going directly fr a TWO YEARS PG certificate course.

Please experts help me out..ur advice would be much appreciated.. thanks

1. With 1 year PG Certificate + 1 year Diploma course, you won't have enough credit hours to secure a 3 year PGWP.

Apr 29, 2019
Hey everyone
I have a query about the pg work permit if i study 1 year course and a 2 years course.. will i get 3 years of work permit or is it mandatory to study 1 plus 1 instead of 1+2 for 3 years work permit
Please help me with this. Thank you