+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

01st June Ielts JUST North America

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Why would you rate as 6? Did you notice some grammar-vocabulary mistakes or off-topic issue? 'could' structure was appropriate for this context. Why should not we use them? Can you give some more details?
You asked for an opinion and i gave one. When i would write my letters, i would prefer to be direct.

For eg. Lets look at one of your sentence: I am writing to thank you for finding and sending my driving license that I have lost.

One way to write: I write this letter to thank you for recovering my lost license.

Read the sentences above and hope you got an idea what i mean.

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
You asked for an opinion and i gave one. When i would write my letters, i would prefer to be direct.

For eg. Lets look at one of your sentence: I am writing to thank you for finding and sending my driving license that I have lost.

One way to write: I write this letter to thank you for recovering my lost license.

Read the sentences above and hope you got an idea what i mean.
I didn't get your point as well as the meaning of 'recovering a license'. I haven't scored 6 before btw, all my three attempts were 6.5
anyway thanks for your opinion.

bhargava.sg

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
In the exam, I wrote something like the letter below. What do you think guys? Is it likely to get 7 :(

Dear Mr. Smith

I am writing to thank you for finding and sending my driving license that I have lost.

Please let me begin by expressing my most heartfelt appreciation for your kind help. I am a school bus driver for a local public school, and as you may guess, I couldn’t have been allowed to do my job without having my driving license. Therefore, there is no word to express how grateful I am for your help.

Could you please give me more information for the whereabout of the driving license when you found it? The reason for my inquiry is that I have lost my health card, which I must have fallen it out of my coat pocket along with my driving license.

I was hoping to arrange to meet you in order to talk about these details. By way of the meeting, I would like to give you a gift for your time and effort in finding and sending my document back to me.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
"Could you please give me more information for the whereabout of the driving license when you found it?"

This sentence formation is not correct. It should be "Could you please give me more information about the whereabouts of the driving license when you found it?"

Try not to complicate your sentences. You could have just written "Could you please let me know where you found my DL?"

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
"Could you please give me more information for the whereabout of the driving license when you found it?"

This sentence formation is not correct. It should be "Could you please give me more information about the whereabouts of the driving license when you found it?"

Try not to complicate your sentences. You could have just written "Could you please let me know where you found my DL?"
You are right, thank you.

bhanu1986

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
yes its out ...missed by 0.5

L - 8.5, R - 7.0, W - 6.5 , S - 7.5
bad luck ...any chances if i go with EOR ..my score writing score will increase by 0.5

bsingh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
yes its out ...missed by 0.5

L - 8.5, R - 7.0, W - 6.5 , S - 7.5
bad luck ...any chances if i go with EOR ..my score writing score will increase by 0.5
Same here, I got 6.5 in W...... I need 7...... I gave test in Canada through IDP... I'm going for EOR.. you never know

mcarbon

Feb 23, 2019
L - 7.5, R - 8.5, W - 7.0, S - 8.0

Disappointed with listening. Does anyone know how many wrong answers that equates to roughly for listening? I'm pretty sure I got a maximum of 4 wrong.